PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: May 8, 2022 at 10:48 Quote
Circe wrote:
Bike yoke

O+
Posted: May 8, 2022 at 11:14 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
Whats everybody's favourite dropper post these days? Do the 9point 8 dropper still suck?

What’s not to like about them? They’re light, they have a good design, they have a front, rear and center offset clamps for oval and round rails, different remote options and a low insertion length and overall length and it’s reasonably priced. Those are some of the reasons that I bought one for my upcoming bike build.

9point8 Fall Line 34.9 x 150

https://9point8.ca/collections/dropper-seatposts

Posted: May 8, 2022 at 12:23 Quote
When these where first released we sold ~30 in the first month, of that all but 3 where sent back for warranty work within the first 3 months, From then until I had left my position at the shop in late 2017 the reliability of these had not improved. I was wondering if this had changed?

O+
Posted: May 8, 2022 at 15:49 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
Whats everybody's favourite dropper post these days? Do the 9point 8 dropper still suck?

Just put a one up 210mm on, works as advertised

Posted: May 8, 2022 at 16:30 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
Oneup and Bike yoke seem to be the go-to at the moment.

O+
Posted: May 8, 2022 at 19:30 Quote
chunter wrote:
Circe wrote:
Bike yoke

Or fox transfer if you get a good one from the factory.

O+
Posted: May 8, 2022 at 20:20 Quote
Wish we could get the Vecnum posts. Pretty light, well reviewed, offset heads, decent pricing.

Posted: May 9, 2022 at 2:21 Quote
Are PNW posts any good

O+
Posted: May 9, 2022 at 5:59 Quote
deli-hustler wrote:
Are PNW posts any good

They’re just rebranded Trans-X posts so you can just buy that and save yourself the marketing tax that PNW puts on when they try to market their post as being unique and engineered.

Posted: May 9, 2022 at 6:40 Quote
Bikeyokes are great.

Posted: May 9, 2022 at 7:14 Quote
SDG Tellis has been faultless, upgraded lever, I’ve treated it nasty too, it cares not - fit and forget to date. Juice lubes is all it needs.
Love to try a larger dia. seatpost/dropper, got to be where it’s at being a larger rider

Fox Transfer has developed a little stiction - could be my set up needs adjusting though, has been treated rough. Wolftooth lever , solid performer to date

2 Old Stealth Thomson’s (31.6/30.9) still going strong, f*ck knows how & a KS Lev 31.6 in the mix

Stock Bontrager is hanging in there, but it requires periodic (5-6 rides) fettling - not down with that, SDG going in soon 31.6 @170mm

No idea of weights, performance>weight

O+
Posted: May 9, 2022 at 8:21 Quote
2 years on my oneup post and it is starting to get a bit sticky I am going to pull it apart again soon and install an oversize pin kit to take up some slop that has developed over time. (already tried a new set of regular pins last time I serviced it)

Posted: May 9, 2022 at 9:46 Quote
clapforcanadaa wrote:
deli-hustler wrote:
Are PNW posts any good

They’re just rebranded Trans-X posts so you can just buy that and save yourself the marketing tax that PNW puts on when they try to market their post as being unique and engineered.

Some have adjustable drop, which I thought would be handy for when I have to tow the tagalong.

O+
Posted: May 9, 2022 at 9:59 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
2 years on my oneup post and it is starting to get a bit sticky I am going to pull it apart again soon and install an oversize pin kit to take up some slop that has developed over time. (already tried a new set of regular pins last time I serviced it)

My V2 one up had notably shorter time between service than my V1. It was always getting sticky and slow. The X-fusion that came on my Enduro has been rock solid and has one of the lightest lever(9.8 digit) actuations on a mechanical post I've ever felt.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.041289
Mobile Version of Website