Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: May 16, 2022 at 19:18 Quote
fredro wrote:
If that’s the biggest flaw of the 38, then I’m all in. I’ve only heard good things about 38s, and I’m getting it for cheap too. Now for that x2 rear…

I’d avoid any x2 like the plague until they figure out the reliability, they seems to ingest air into the damper in a surprisingly short amount of time.

Posted: May 16, 2022 at 20:53 Quote
theweaz wrote:
fredro wrote:
If that’s the biggest flaw of the 38, then I’m all in. I’ve only heard good things about 38s, and I’m getting it for cheap too. Now for that x2 rear…

I’d avoid any x2 like the plague until they figure out the reliability, they seems to ingest air into the damper in a surprisingly short amount of time.
They're working on new shaft seals and more for it. Hopefully they're more reliable then... There's a reason I have 3 float x2s for my spire haha!

Posted: May 16, 2022 at 20:53 Quote
Intend probably prefers to keep its products in Europe so it doesn’t need to worry about complaints from service and support.

Posted: May 16, 2022 at 20:57 Quote
I doubt that. Who cares where it's coming from, it's all getting shipped anyway.

Posted: May 16, 2022 at 21:05 Quote
fredro wrote:
Spoke with them too. I want air shock and air fork though.
I am curious why you are so firm on going air? Purely for the weight savings? If that is the case an Era and Storia V3 combo is lighter than a x2 float and 38. .

Posted: May 16, 2022 at 21:23 Quote
I prefer air for weight savings, ease of setup, progressive feel over linear feel, and air is usually less expensive as well. For the price I'm getting the in stock Fox stuff, it's less than half of EXT or Intend's cost. Cost alone, it's a no brainer for me. I'm also very familiar with Fox in general. I really do like the EXT stuff though. Maybe next build.

Posted: May 16, 2022 at 21:24 Quote
fredro wrote:
I prefer air for weight savings, ease of setup, progressive feel over linear feel, and air is usually less expensive as well. For the price I'm getting the in stock Fox stuff, it's less than half of EXT or Intend's cost. Cost alone, it's a no brainer for me. I'm also very familiar with Fox in general. I really do like the EXT stuff though. Maybe next build.

...but...but, but...

fredro wrote:
If you’re in the market for a MT, weight savings probably isn’t a priority anyway.

Posted: May 16, 2022 at 21:28 Quote
lol I'll set up gofundme page, and you guys can buy me my suspension! 2 cents 2 cents 2 cents 2 cents

Posted: May 16, 2022 at 22:04 Quote
fredro wrote:

Wait until the new Zebs come out with the updated dampers... only about a week now...

Posted: May 16, 2022 at 23:19 Quote
fredro wrote:

Wait for it Fredro, maybe the reason why he's delaying issuing you an invoice is wanting to make sure he'll have the goods ready for delivery within a reasonable time, being a smaller operation. Better than taking your money and having you wait for 2 years (cough cough Trickstuff) or taking your order and never delivering it (cough Sickbikes cough)...

And even if that isn't the reason, wait it out, it's gonna be ridiculous when it arrives, I know it itches but you still have great bikes to ride.

And if even that isn't reason enough to wait, if you get the Fox38 you run the risk to have your spanking new Megatower look a bit............wait for it.............wait for iiiiiiiiit..........................waiiiiiiiit fooooooor iiiiiiiiiiit......ubiquitous lol lol lol

Posted: May 16, 2022 at 23:33 Quote
SileTzar wrote:
fredro wrote:

Wait for it Fredro, maybe the reason why he's delaying issuing you an invoice is wanting to make sure he'll have the goods ready for delivery within a reasonable time, being a smaller operation. Better than taking your money and having you wait for 2 years (cough cough Trickstuff) or taking your order and never delivering it (cough Sickbikes cough)...

And even if that isn't the reason, wait it out, it's gonna be ridiculous when it arrives, I know it itches but you still have great bikes to ride.

And if even that isn't reason enough to wait, if you get the Fox38 you run the risk to have your spanking new Megatower look a bit............wait for it.............wait for iiiiiiiiit..........................waiiiiiiiit fooooooor iiiiiiiiiiit......ubiquitous lol lol lol

Trickstuff don’t take any money until they ship.

Posted: May 16, 2022 at 23:35 Quote
Isn't intend and trickstuff run by the same folk?

Posted: May 16, 2022 at 23:37 Quote
Cornelius used to work for Trickstuff, but other than that, no.

Posted: May 16, 2022 at 23:45 Quote
tomhoward379 wrote:
SileTzar wrote:
fredro wrote:

Trickstuff don’t take any money until they ship.

Mistyped, meant to say taking your order and having you wait for 2 years.

Trickstuff was bought by DT Swiss recently, right? Might speed things up a bit

Posted: May 16, 2022 at 23:49 Quote
Might do, but I do wonder how long it will take to clear a 2 year backlog

(2 years isn’t internet hyperbole, it took 2 years, 10 days for my order to arrive, Covid delays will account for some of that, but still)

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019966
Mobile Version of Website