Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: May 17, 2022 at 21:29 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
I've had nothing but good times over multiple seasons and multiple years with the Float X2. Not sure how people f*ck up their suspension so much...all you have to do is follow simple bracketing steps while tuning.

Yup, me too. Had good luck with my 2 x2s. Not much too complain about for me. I hope this new one is just as good.

Posted: May 18, 2022 at 2:58 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
You ever try one of the aftermarket dampers such as fast ?

Id like to hear more about them too, see them often

O+
Posted: May 18, 2022 at 6:59 Quote
fredro wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:
I've had nothing but good times over multiple seasons and multiple years with the Float X2. Not sure how people f*ck up their suspension so much...all you have to do is follow simple bracketing steps while tuning.

Yup, me too. Had good luck with my 2 x2s. Not much too complain about for me. I hope this new one is just as good.

Same. And I plan to get another one for my eeb too.

Posted: May 18, 2022 at 7:59 Quote
I’m not saying they feel bad at all, they actually feel quite good, and the previous generation was fairly reliable. I’m just saying the newest gen 2021 model year and 2022 have taken a massive dive in reliability. More of just a warning from a lowly shop tech thats sick of dealing with angry customers over their shocks needing to be sent back multiple times in a season.

If you wanted the best performance for your money you’d be better off buying the new dhx coil, or a bomber cr and sending it to avalanche to be tuned.

O+
Posted: May 18, 2022 at 8:39 Quote
I've been pretty happy with my Cane Creek DB coil kitsuma. Just had a bladder update done to the resovoir which replaces the floating piston and installed a progressive spring.

O+
Posted: May 18, 2022 at 8:48 Quote
It blows that CC is so anti-consumer maintenance on their products.

If I had to pick a shock on the market right now, I'd probably go for Manitou Mara or DVO. DVO especially is geared towards easy maintenance and even easy modification of their shimstacks and neither is doing anything wild with preloaded setups.

Posted: May 18, 2022 at 9:20 Quote
I doubt you can service the x2 or float x at home either so i dont see a problem on that, i used cc in my last bike and hands down it was the best shock i've ever felt and their climb switch does wonders. Highly recommend

O+
Posted: May 18, 2022 at 9:55 Quote
Hey that's cool.

Posted: May 18, 2022 at 10:00 Quote
Noeserd wrote:
I doubt you can service the x2 or float x at home either so i dont see a problem on that, i used cc in my last bike and hands down it was the best shock i've ever felt and their climb switch does wonders. Highly recommend
You can totally service Fox shocks at home... I've never actually tried to open up a CC, is there something substantially different that makes it impossible to service?

O+
Posted: May 18, 2022 at 10:23 Quote
I had heard that at least with the forks and to some extent the shock it was pretty difficult to service them at home, or at least maintain them at home because CC doesn't like providing parts to those who aren't dealers or official service providers.

O+
Posted: May 18, 2022 at 10:42 Quote
As a previous service tech I can say my job security to keep me busy had to be warranty float x2 shocks at my bench.. but it rides hella well once correctly serviced.. they'll make em better soon.

You can service any shock at home with the ebay tooling available these days. Get after it! It can be fun.

O+
Posted: May 18, 2022 at 10:49 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Noeserd wrote:
You can totally service Fox shocks at home... I've never actually tried to open up a CC, is there something substantially different that makes it impossible to service?

If I remember right they don't sell or tell you the sizes for the wear items. And didn't tell anyone the process for opening the DB up + would void the warranty if they, or a shop, did it themselves.

O+
Posted: May 18, 2022 at 12:02 Quote
PHeller wrote:
It blows that CC is so anti-consumer maintenance on their products.

If I had to pick a shock on the market right now, I'd probably go for Manitou Mara or DVO. DVO especially is geared towards easy maintenance and even easy modification of their shimstacks and neither is doing anything wild with preloaded setups.
I'm lucky to have am authorized suspension service shop in town and the owner is my riding buddy.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.044719
Mobile Version of Website