Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
O+
Posted: May 18, 2022 at 19:25 Quote
d-man wrote:
PHeller wrote:
It blows that CC is so anti-consumer maintenance on their products.

If I had to pick a shock on the market right now, I'd probably go for Manitou Mara or DVO. DVO especially is geared towards easy maintenance and even easy modification of their shimstacks and neither is doing anything wild with preloaded setups.
I'm lucky to have am authorized suspension service shop in town and the owner is my riding buddy.

We’ll that’s awesome and convenient.

Posted: May 20, 2022 at 12:07 Quote
photo

What’s the verdict on these anyone?

Worthy or no?

Just nerding..

O+
Posted: May 20, 2022 at 12:22 Quote
Wouldn't see why not. Chickadeehill is a known suspension tuner in Europe.

I do wish that it didn't like quite so identical to a Fox X2. Like, gimme black or silver knobs.

Posted: May 20, 2022 at 12:40 Quote
I just ordered a Stumpjumper carbon frame... it'll look a little funny with purple/oil slick accent colors but whatevs, YOLO.

O+
Posted: May 20, 2022 at 12:44 Quote
Blue = Bump (Compression)
Red = Rebound

Would love to hear someone's review on that shock though. Not sure they are even available in U.S.

Posted: May 20, 2022 at 12:47 Quote
seraph wrote:
I just ordered a Stumpjumper carbon frame... it'll look a little funny with purple/oil slick accent colors but whatevs, YOLO.

Ti bolts? Fer sure right

Posted: May 20, 2022 at 12:50 Quote
PHeller wrote:
Wouldn't see why not. Chickadeehill is a known suspension tuner in Europe.

I do wish that it didn't like quite so identical to a Fox X2. Like, gimme black or silver knobs.

notsosikmik wrote:
Blue = Bump (Compression)
Red = Rebound

Would love to hear someone's review on that shock though. Not sure they are even available in U.S.

Promises to be enticingly good , bonafide long-term review deffo needed

Posted: May 20, 2022 at 13:06 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
photo

Worthy or no?

Just nerding..

That it only cost 1400 Euro

Posted: May 20, 2022 at 13:18 Quote
fantaman wrote:
Soupherb wrote:

Worthy or no?

Just nerding..

That it only cost 1400 Euro

Oh.....

That’s ridiculous, wonder what the patents are lol

O+
Posted: May 20, 2022 at 13:24 Quote
The price is really high. The other thing that gives me pause is that while they have quite a bit of experience designing dual positive air spring systems I believe this is their first try at building a damper. Also the positioning of the valves is surely going to result in fitment issues on some frames.

Posted: May 20, 2022 at 13:29 Quote
Would have to remove decals immediately. Improves aesthetics, while winning the weight game.Camera

Posted: May 20, 2022 at 13:30 Quote
How much, hypothetically, might an Aria set someone back, were one to exist for customers and I was interested in one? It doesn’t and I’m not of course but hypothetically?

O+
Posted: May 20, 2022 at 13:38 Quote
tomhoward379 wrote:
How much, hypothetically, might an Aria set someone back, were one to exist for customers and I was interested in one? It doesn’t and I’m not of course but hypothetically?

Honestly don't have anything on pricing yet and it would be for U.S. market anyway. Have to check in with the guys over at Mojo about that.

Posted: May 20, 2022 at 13:45 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
seraph wrote:

Ti bolts? Fer sure right

I'll have to see how the oil slick stuff looks on there before I decide on ti bolts. Better Bolts makes a kit though so yeah probably.

Posted: May 20, 2022 at 13:46 Quote
Silver ti literally never looks bad.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.049122
Mobile Version of Website