Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: May 24, 2022 at 20:48 Quote
notsosikmik wrote:
Voima?

You’ll just have to wait and see. Big Grin

Posted: May 24, 2022 at 21:31 Quote
Is Bosch the preferred motor of ebikers on this thread?

Posted: May 24, 2022 at 21:38 Quote
Shimano ep8 is loud.

Posted: May 24, 2022 at 22:37 Quote
Circe wrote:
Is Bosch the preferred motor of ebikers on this thread?

I have no real time on a Bosch e-moped, but I have had 3 Levos now with the Brose motors and one of my best friends has been the Shimano Ebike Demo driver for years.. So I have spent a decent amount of time on the Shimano motors and systems.

The Brose motors are substantially better in my mind and even buddy once off the clock would admit over a beer that Shimano was always one step behind the Brose setups in the Levos.

But I have no time on a Bosch system. So I am not answering your question.

Also I am at least a year removed from industry. Things may have shifted. Just when I left the shop, that was still my opinion on the motors.

Posted: May 24, 2022 at 22:57 Quote
I was super impressed at the difference between Bosch Gen3 and Gen4. Would love to try the latest Yamaha, they were miles ahead of everyone for feel at the pedals a few years ago but don't know what they've been up to since.

O+
Posted: May 24, 2022 at 23:12 Quote
I don't have much time on the Brose but my one complaint about the EP8 is that it is noisy, when descending and sounds like parts are just clunking around. Bosch is much better in that respect and also seems a little more torquey on climbs.

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 0:56 Quote
Nobble wrote:
My 100% Speedcrafts recently got stolen from my car, and it's getting hot around here so I'm in the market for some new riding glasses.

Anyone have recommendations? I've been looking at Smith Wildcats, Bobcats, or maybe another pair of Speedcrafts.

Don't sleep on some of the Tifosi options. I was 1:1ing soem Tifosi Sledges against Speedcrafts and ultimately stayed with the Speedcrafts just because they just fit my face the smallest bit better. But the optics and weight was still really really good

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 5:07 Quote
Quite like my Melon Alleycats

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 5:24 Quote
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
fredro wrote:
Which ebike you going with?

Nice wheelset!

Thanks bro! I’ll just say it Bosch power, 750 battery and long travel and it won’t be near as light as yours. I’ll post up the build when I get the frame, hopefully soon. Beer

Very nice wheels but all this e-bike talk seems to be in the wrong thread. You need to make an old people's group or at least an e-bike group.

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 7:25 Quote
dchill wrote:
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
fredro wrote:
Which ebike you going with?

Nice wheelset!

Thanks bro! I’ll just say it Bosch power, 750 battery and long travel and it won’t be near as light as yours. I’ll post up the build when I get the frame, hopefully soon. Beer

Very nice wheels but all this e-bike talk seems to be in the wrong thread. You need to make an old people's group or at least an e-bike group.

Thanks, and I get what you’re saying, but the ebike is an “enduro” ebike and the wheels are weight game related. I know there are more than a few enduro/AM ebike owners in this thread that may be interested, but if that’s the consensus, I won’t post any of it here.

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 7:46 Quote
I vote to keep any enduro e-bike content, if nothing else, for a lack of other content. E-MTBs share 95% of their parts with acoustic bikes.

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 7:48 Quote
RMWB wrote:
I vote to keep any enduro e-bike content, if nothing else, for a lack of other content. E-MTBs share 95% of their parts with acoustic bikes.

This. Ebike hate must end! lol

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 7:55 Quote
In other news.... just got my Fox x2 in the mail, and of course the Kashima does NOT match my Fox 38. I know this has been overly discussed and beat to death, but come on Fox...just ONE shade of Kashima or just go with black. It's only aesthetics, but aesthetics are high on my priority list. Call me vain, no f*cks given.

Fox...get it right already. Must do better. Madder

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 7:57 Quote
I’d avoid a shimano powered ebike simply because dealing with them for warranty sucks. Every time I’ve had to contact them they insist on sending a bunch of wiring harnesses and cables before sending a new motor so its usually a month to get a new motor for someone when the cables inevitably don’t solve the problem.

While when I contact specialized they send me a new motor and it arrives in 2 days, 1 hour motor swap later and an update of the firmware and the customer is back on the trails.

Bosch we have only had on some cargo and cruiser bike no mtbs, but I’ve only ever had to warranty one motor on a seriously abused bike and they were pretty fast about it since qbp is the distributor for their warranty parts it was easy.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.024989
Mobile Version of Website