Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: May 25, 2022 at 8:25 Quote
fredro wrote:
In other news.... just got my Fox x2 in the mail, and of course the Kashima does NOT match my Fox 38. I know this has been overly discussed and beat to death, but come on Fox...just ONE shade of Kashima or just go with black. It's only aesthetics, but aesthetics are high on my priority list. Call me vain, no f*cks given.

Fox...get it right already. Must do better. Madder

I totally agree. I actually prefer black over kashima, but I don’t want to buy a performance model to get it.

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 8:26 Quote
fredro wrote:
In other news.... just got my Fox x2 in the mail, and of course the Kashima does NOT match my Fox 38. I know this has been overly discussed and beat to death, but come on Fox...just ONE shade of Kashima or just go with black. It's only aesthetics, but aesthetics are high on my priority list. Call me vain, no f*cks given.

Have you actually seen a float x2 kashima body that matches in tone to the kashima fork?....

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 8:29 Quote
Nope, and this is my point! Why can't they match shades or just go with black??

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 8:48 Quote
nubbs wrote:
fredro wrote:

Have you actually seen a float x2 kashima body that matches in tone to the kashima fork?....
The X2 that came on my Fugitive actually matches my 36 perfectly. The X2 on my Chilcotin...not even close, way darker. Definition of a 1st world problem, but still annoying!

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 9:15 Quote
fredro wrote:

They need to fix the reliability before the shade of kashima Big Grin

O+
Posted: May 25, 2022 at 9:45 Quote
fredro wrote:

Performance elite is the exact same thing without Kashima. So essentially they do have that option.

O+
Posted: May 25, 2022 at 9:46 Quote
Noeserd wrote:
fredro wrote:

They need to fix the reliability before the shade of kashima Big Grin

Also this.

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 10:16 Quote
Definitely this first.

Also, Performance Elite is same as Factory? Just stanchions color? Same internals, adjustment options?? Did not know this…

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 10:26 Quote
I don’t like ebikes and ebikers.

I don’t like regular MTB riders too.

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 10:32 Quote
fredro wrote:
Definitely this first.

Also, Performance Elite is same as Factory? Just stanchions color? Same internals, adjustment options?? Did not know this…

yes they're exactly the same, performance is the base model elite is the factory equivalent

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 11:14 Quote
Axxe wrote:
I don’t like ebikes and ebikers.

I don’t like regular MTB riders too.

Predictable opinion from a trash monster.

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 11:17 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
Circe wrote:
Is Bosch the preferred motor of ebikers on this thread?

I have no real time on a Bosch e-moped, but I have had 3 Levos now with the Brose motors and one of my best friends has been the Shimano Ebike Demo driver for years.. So I have spent a decent amount of time on the Shimano motors and systems.

The Brose motors are substantially better in my mind and even buddy once off the clock would admit over a beer that Shimano was always one step behind the Brose setups in the Levos.

But I have no time on a Bosch system. So I am not answering your question.

Also I am at least a year removed from industry. Things may have shifted. Just when I left the shop, that was still my opinion on the motors.

I agree the Brose motors are great but they seem to break a ton of belts?

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 11:56 Quote
I don't like talking about the motor on my Trance E+3 just in case something happens to it.

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 12:07 Quote
We have so many issues with the Giant ebikes

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 12:14 Quote
After 2 to 3 months it shit itself been great ever since. For a 2020 model it's got so much power.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020410
Mobile Version of Website