Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: May 26, 2022 at 12:36 Quote
Axxe wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
fredro wrote:

This!

I love my ebike! The hate is hilarious. Just deal with it, the ebikes aren’t going anywhere. They’re only getting more popular. My ebike and my analog bikes are both expensive. So what. They don’t cause more destruction to the trail like people say they do. Who cares what other people ride?? Lmaoooo
+1

I laugh at all the people crying about e-bikes creating access issues and other dumb shit. Y'all might as well give up riding and buy a horse so you can just commit full time to making up trail horror stories about two wheeled hoodlums with their 20mph electric "motorcycles." If it's got two wheels and you pedal it, I support you riding it everywhere you want to ride it.

On one hand you are right. On the other hand, access issues are real around where I live. On the third hand, my, or anyone's else, personal dislike for the e-bike experience, is a personal dislike. I enjoy pedaling up without an assist. So what? I reserve my right to mock e-weenies.
100%

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 12:40 Quote
dchill wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
its-chris wrote:

I remember my days when road riding was a thing in my life…. Baggies, mtb pedals, old road bike with stupid gearing it was 11-24, huge rings and hairy legs…. I managed to keep up with serious roadies and they hated it….

When I wasn't fat and could pedal hard, I had bought wife a beach cruiser. Bright red step through frame, fenders, basket, bell and all the touches. My car was in the shop and I figured I'd ride the beach cruiser the 5 miles home with 3 feet of seat post exposed in my dirty shop clothes.

Local roadie try hard passed me on the side of the road and I instantly shift the internal hub into 7th, and tucked onto his back wheel. Of course he tried to go full agro and tries to split. Half a mile later he is full gassed and I ring the bell, give a cheeky "on your left" and proceed to pass him.. He didn't choose to take a draft on my wheel and pulled off the road.

I will never be able to do it again and I couldn't have done it with a real performance level rider.. But I still laugh at it
years later.

Maybe if you rode a real bike and not an e-bike you wouldn't be fat.

Probably. Or even riding a bike (ebike or not) at all would help. Not drinking a 6 pack of beer a night probably would help too. But I take my title of up washed up racer very seriously.

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 12:47 Quote
Noeserd wrote:
seraph wrote:
Nobble wrote:
2023 RockShox updates on the home page in case anyone didn't see it.

Yeah I can finally talk about all the new stuff now. We saw the preview a few weeks ago but basically had an NDA to not talk about it with anyone.

So yeah... new dampers and bottom out controls. And new lowers. Looks like most of the new stuff will be in stock in the middle of next month.

cant wait to see what suspension tuners will say about the new stuff, looks promising

NSMB.com has full teardown nitty gritty on the internals.

Forks

Shocks

I am digging the green on the Lyrik.

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 12:51 Quote
Army green but better

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 13:20 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
dchill wrote:
swan3609 wrote:

When I wasn't fat and could pedal hard, I had bought wife a beach cruiser. Bright red step through frame, fenders, basket, bell and all the touches. My car was in the shop and I figured I'd ride the beach cruiser the 5 miles home with 3 feet of seat post exposed in my dirty shop clothes.

Local roadie try hard passed me on the side of the road and I instantly shift the internal hub into 7th, and tucked onto his back wheel. Of course he tried to go full agro and tries to split. Half a mile later he is full gassed and I ring the bell, give a cheeky "on your left" and proceed to pass him.. He didn't choose to take a draft on my wheel and pulled off the road.

I will never be able to do it again and I couldn't have done it with a real performance level rider.. But I still laugh at it
years later.

Probably. Or even riding a bike (ebike or not) at all would help. Not drinking a 6 pack of beer a night probably would help too. But I take my title of up washed up racer very seriously.

Pree sure you are the son I never knew I had!! Fuck I am old!! lol lol

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 13:22 Quote
shirk-007 wrote:
Noeserd wrote:
seraph wrote:

Yeah I can finally talk about all the new stuff now. We saw the preview a few weeks ago but basically had an NDA to not talk about it with anyone.

So yeah... new dampers and bottom out controls. And new lowers. Looks like most of the new stuff will be in stock in the middle of next month.

cant wait to see what suspension tuners will say about the new stuff, looks promising

NSMB.com has full teardown nitty gritty on the internals.

Forks

Shocks

I am digging the green on the Lyrik.

Looks like they took their time designing these forks, they look well engineered and premium

Also lyrik is pratically the same with zeb for 160mm, Good for weight weenies

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 13:51 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
dchill wrote:

Pree sure you are the son I never knew I had!! Fuck I am old!! lol lol

Shit talking on the internet and drinking water beers. You taught me so well.

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 15:26 Quote
fredro wrote:

That's my PB dad. Gross.

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 16:23 Quote
Just built a 2022 S-Works Epic. Size large, 21 lbs 13 oz without pedals (but with two SWAT tools and a power meter crank). Pretty impressive.

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 13:19 Quote
Noooooo! I just got a 2022 Zeb! Can you even buy a 2023 on at this point?

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 14:00 Quote
Any gossip on 2023 fox 38s

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 14:21 Quote
I’m a Rockshox man. But I don’t think so. They just updated last or year before last if I remember.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.028041
Mobile Version of Website