Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2022 at 12:31 Quote
Vittoria Mezza have been on my Rail since last year, they are my go to tire. Was a Maxxis guy for years.
Mezza is cheaper, lasts longer and more grip for the win.

Posted: Jun 15, 2022 at 12:33 Quote
I got given a worn DH casing Assegai (Maxxgrip) last year while on a riding trip, ran it on my back wheel paired with a MM ultra soft front for a few months. Great tyre, gripped super well, but holy fck was it slow rolling.

The reason I asked about wet and slippy was the dual-compound Aggressor. Not sure how it holds up in those conditions?

Posted: Jun 15, 2022 at 12:45 Quote
d-man wrote:
Vittoria Mezza have been on my Rail since last year, they are my go to tire. Was a Maxxis guy for years.

How do you find the compound hardness compares to Maxxis? The enduro Mazza looks quite good at 1160g for a 27.5x2.4.

Posted: Jun 15, 2022 at 13:20 Quote
riish wrote:
I got given a worn DH casing Assegai (Maxxgrip) last year while on a riding trip, ran it on my back wheel paired with a MM ultra soft front for a few months. Great tyre, gripped super well, but holy fck was it slow rolling.

The reason I asked about wet and slippy was the dual-compound Aggressor. Not sure how it holds up in those conditions?

Aggressor isn’t great In the slop. Harder compound and small knobs make for sketchy, but fun, wet riding.

Dissector rolls great with more grip than Aggressor. Much better in mud also.

O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2022 at 13:23 Quote
I still want to try a Dissector Front, Aggressor Rear.

Posted: Jun 15, 2022 at 14:18 Quote
PHeller wrote:
I put some time on Rekon rear with Dissector front... worked pretty well honestly, just wanted a bit more grip so moved the Dissector to the rear and put the Assagai up front.

O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2022 at 15:36 Quote
riish wrote:
d-man wrote:

How do you find the compound hardness compares to Maxxis? The enduro Mazza looks quite good at 1160g for a 27.5x2.4.
I'd say it is a harder compound, Haven't broken any side knobs off.
The front has no signs of wear and the rear is starting to show some wear after 1500km of abuse.

Posted: Jun 15, 2022 at 15:39 Quote
PHeller wrote:

I had that setup on my Spur, was very very fun

Posted: Jun 16, 2022 at 4:52 Quote
d-man wrote:
riish wrote:
d-man wrote:

I'd say it is a harder compound, Haven't broken any side knobs off.
The front has no signs of wear and the rear is starting to show some wear after 1500km of abuse.

Sounds like it’s even harder than MaxxTerra then, at those wear rates.

Posted: Jun 16, 2022 at 5:28 Quote
PHeller wrote:

That's my current setup. Nothing to complain about.

O+
Posted: Jun 16, 2022 at 6:07 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
PHeller wrote:
I put some time on Rekon rear with Dissector front... worked pretty well honestly, just wanted a bit more grip so moved the Dissector to the rear and put the Assagai up front.

Dissector front, Rekon rear is the setup on my Tallboy and I love it (for certain conditions). Alot of fun and rolls along fast.
When the Rekon wears out I will probably start running Dissector front and rear and see how I like that.

O+
Posted: Jun 16, 2022 at 9:46 Quote
d-man wrote:

I've got them on my Arrival and they're rad for Kamloops or any dry riding. Longer lasting than Maxxis and similar grip (eg there is no grip in Kamloops). I will say that they definitely suck in the wet. That's where the biggest difference would be for me and where they sacrifice compared to Maxxis. Fine for me as we rarely ride in the wet, but if I lived on the coast it'd be a bit of a hard sell.

O+
Posted: Jun 16, 2022 at 10:39 Quote
clapforcanadaa wrote:
d-man wrote:

I've got them on my Arrival and they're rad for Kamloops or any dry riding. Longer lasting than Maxxis and similar grip (eg there is no grip in Kamloops). I will say that they definitely suck in the wet. That's where the biggest difference would be for me and where they sacrifice compared to Maxxis. Fine for me as we rarely ride in the wet, but if I lived on the coast it'd be a bit of a hard sell.

We've had a really wet spring this year which is not normal and I've been pretty happy with the performance.

O+
Posted: Jun 16, 2022 at 11:16 Quote
d-man wrote:
clapforcanadaa wrote:
d-man wrote:

We've had a really wet spring this year which is not normal and I've been pretty happy with the performance.

Well my opinion is opposite and we clearly can't have differing opinions... lol

O+
Posted: Jun 16, 2022 at 12:08 Quote
clapforcanadaa wrote:
d-man wrote:
clapforcanadaa wrote:

Well my opinion is opposite and we clearly can't have differing opinions... lol
All good to agree to disagree

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.060409
Mobile Version of Website