Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Jun 17, 2022 at 5:44 Quote
d-man wrote:
Vittoria Mezza have been on my Rail since last year, they are my go to tire. Was a Maxxis guy for years.
Mezza is cheaper, lasts longer and more grip for the win.

But it looks likea DHF/ Butcher

Posted: Jun 18, 2022 at 8:51 Quote

LOOK! Yet another SC frame with Fox suspension, AXS parts, and Maxxis tires. How unique...i mean ubiquitous. Dead Horse

Just built it yesterday, snapped a couple of night pics. Custom decals ordered for the downtube because the peachy orange does NOT match the Fox orange. And of course, Fox kashima does not match either as expected. Madder

Weighs in at a pubic hair over 34lbs.

Posted: Jun 18, 2022 at 9:02 Quote
I don’t like stickers. I peel them off from everything.

Especially shampoo bottles. I can’t have shampoo bottle in shower without peeling off all labels for that clean look. Same for all forks. No stickers.

Posted: Jun 18, 2022 at 9:07 Quote
Axxe wrote:
I don’t like stickers. I peel them off from everything.

Especially shampoo bottles. I can’t have shampoo bottle in shower without peeling off all labels for that clean look.

So what do you read in the bathroom when you don't have your phone with you?

Posted: Jun 18, 2022 at 9:52 Quote
People go to the bathroom without their phone?

Posted: Jun 18, 2022 at 9:59 Quote
Some people have kindles? Magazines? Newspapers!

Posted: Jun 18, 2022 at 14:42 Quote
It's hard to imagine that you could get a good wipe with a kindle, but what do i know?

Posted: Jun 18, 2022 at 22:12 Quote
moferenc wrote:
It's hard to imagine that you could get a good wipe with a kindle, but what do i know?

That’s what the bidet is for

Posted: Jun 21, 2022 at 3:37 Quote
riish wrote:
d-man wrote:
Vittoria Mezza have been on my Rail since last year, they are my go to tire. Was a Maxxis guy for years.

How do you find the compound hardness compares to Maxxis? The enduro Mazza looks quite good at 1160g for a 27.5x2.4.

I went from Mazza Enduro to Assegai DH last year, and on anything except dry and loose, I found the Mazza just as grippy.
It's a really good allrounder for me.
Had Mazza front and Martello rear, good tire combo for mostly hardpack, rocks and roots, with quite decent performance in the wet.
Martello is pretty close to Aggressor in performance, but I found it a little better in the wet.
Neither is as good as the aforementioned Maxxis tires in loose and dry conditions in my experience, but overall better for my conditions.
They also roll a lot faster.

Posted: Jun 21, 2022 at 10:30 Quote
Losvar wrote:
riish wrote:
d-man wrote:

How do you find the compound hardness compares to Maxxis? The enduro Mazza looks quite good at 1160g for a 27.5x2.4.

I went from Mazza Enduro to Assegai DH last year, and on anything except dry and loose, I found the Mazza just as grippy.
It's a really good allrounder for me.
Had Mazza front and Martello rear, good tire combo for mostly hardpack, rocks and roots, with quite decent performance in the wet.
Martello is pretty close to Aggressor in performance, but I found it a little better in the wet.
Neither is as good as the aforementioned Maxxis tires in loose and dry conditions in my experience, but overall better for my conditions.
They also roll a lot faster.

Sounds promising!
I decided in the end that I'll wear my way through the DH DHFs, a MM, a DH Assegai, and a e13 DH tyre I have in the workshop before buying more tyres.

At that point it'll be either the Mazzas if they're in stock anywhere, or a pair of DD DHR2s in Maxxterra back, Maxxgrip front.

Posted: Jun 22, 2022 at 15:42 Quote
Who makes the benchmark strongest 32h 27.5" rims out there? My nephew broke the stock rear wheel on his Status 160 and I'm thinking about lacing him up something better.

Posted: Jun 22, 2022 at 16:11 Quote
i feel like it's DT. a friend of mine has a stock E1900 wheelset that has at least 10k miles on it and he's beat the absolute shit out of them, a few broken spokes but the wheel is still rolling. I imagine one of the stronger FR rims would perform similarly.

Posted: Jun 22, 2022 at 16:42 Quote
seraph wrote:
Who makes the benchmark strongest 32h 27.5" rims out there? My nephew broke the stock rear wheel on his Status 160 and I'm thinking about lacing him up something better.

Strongest is fortus 30 afaik (not the sc version), quite heavy though

Posted: Jun 22, 2022 at 17:06 Quote
All finished and ready to ride

New bike day! Just finished the frame up build. Guesses on the weight?

Posted: Jun 22, 2022 at 17:12 Quote
Ok, but Frogs? On a modern bike?

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.022495
Mobile Version of Website