Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Jun 26, 2022 at 10:01 Quote
Anyone here ride with 100% glasses? I got a secondhand set a while back that came with a clear lens and a 14% VLT gold lens. I'm finding the gold lens only really works for road rides on bluebird days, or ski touring.

What VLT should I aim for when getting a lens for trail riding in sunny/variable conditions? 100% has a 24% and a 52% lens that I'm tossing up between.

Posted: Jun 26, 2022 at 11:55 Quote
I would go 52 or photochromic, if exists

Posted: Jun 26, 2022 at 20:24 Quote
riish wrote:
Anyone here ride with 100% glasses? I got a secondhand set a while back that came with a clear lens and a 14% VLT gold lens. I'm finding the gold lens only really works for road rides on bluebird days, or ski touring.

What VLT should I aim for when getting a lens for trail riding in sunny/variable conditions? 100% has a 24% and a 52% lens that I'm tossing up between.

I love my speedtraps, I use the photochromic almost year round here in the PNW, only on the brightest days do i swap in the red mirror or the blue mirror lenses I have for them. the photochromic is perfect when you go in and out of shaded areas a lot, its adjusts a lot faster than transitions prescription lenses in my experience

Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 0:26 Quote
Thanks for the help!

Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 3:19 Quote
52 would complement what you already have. Still got the gold one for sunny days, 52% one for less bright days

Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 11:24 Quote
Trying some new Contis.

Trying some new Conti tires that got dropped off. Super sticky rubber, like can hear it peeling against the floor when riding around the shop. 1205g confirmed weight. 2.4. Going to the lift on Sunday so hopefully these are dope.

Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 12:01 Quote
Hell yes. Love the 1200g tires

Wanting to try those out this season maybe. Got to feel the new new at sea otter and they legit!

Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 13:26 Quote
Did you get Intend to sell you a used shock?

Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 13:41 Quote
Tsoxbhk wrote:

This guy bought it, didnt fit his frame, and he actually lived a couple towns over from me so i just met up with him in person. A little bummed about the anodizing but oh well.

Posted: Jun 30, 2022 at 7:39 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
Tsoxbhk wrote:

This guy bought it, didnt fit his frame, and he actually lived a couple towns over from me so i just met up with him in person. A little bummed about the anodizing but oh well.

What size??? 210x55? gimme gimmee haha

Posted: Jun 30, 2022 at 8:41 Quote
nubbs wrote:
newbermuda wrote:
Tsoxbhk wrote:

230x65, im waiting on some spacers so i can run it on my altitude but i may just try it out beforehand and hope for the best. You can have first dibs when im done with it haha, too bad the spire is trunnion

I will say in terms of weight game, it is noticeably lighter than the Float X, so i'd be interested to get it on a scale

Posted: Jun 30, 2022 at 9:19 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
nubbs wrote:
newbermuda wrote:

230x65, im waiting on some spacers so i can run it on my altitude but i may just try it out beforehand and hope for the best. You can have first dibs when im done with it haha, too bad the spire is trunnion

I will say in terms of weight game, it is noticeably lighter than the Float X, so i'd be interested to get it on a scale

Ahhh dang it haha.

Ya fk it and just bolt it up! Looks like alien suspension shit man.

Posted: Jun 30, 2022 at 10:53 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
Tsoxbhk wrote:

With the absolute shit communication Intend has, I wouldn't run their products if they were free.

Posted: Jun 30, 2022 at 11:18 Quote
Not really worried about that, i have other shocks to use when this one needs servicing and last time fox had my X2 it took them 3 months to return it, so its not like the big guys are any better.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020917
Mobile Version of Website