Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Author Message
Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 7:48 Quote
When resort riding, I have a definitive Bell curve where I get faster after 2 beers. This isn't a "I'm impaired so I think I am faster" thing.. I have actually tested this theory on the clock.

2 water beers or a single tall boy and I loosen up enough to let the bike move around more.

That's the hydration I am concerned about while riding.

Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 9:18 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
When resort riding, I have a definitive Bell curve where I get faster after 2 beers. This isn't a "I'm impaired so I think I am faster" thing.. I have actually tested this theory on the clock.

2 water beers or a single tall boy and I loosen up enough to let the bike move around more.

That's the hydration I am concerned about while riding.

I've tested, and validated this with skiing, mtb, and billiards. Results positive.

Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 9:29 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
nubbs wrote:
No protein powder here...

Smoke tons of weed and drink chocolate milk apré bike style. Welches gummies for snacks on the bike. Water filter helps keep cotton mouth at bay when riding for long periods.

Brooooo the welch’s are the best bike snack. I buy 40 packs of them at safeway for 9 bucks.
Also snickers bars are great, lots of sugar and a little protein. “bike snacks” get so expensive at a certain point.

The protein from about 3 peanuts lol

Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 10:43 Quote
dirtnapped wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:
Circe wrote:
Do you guys use protein powder?

Scratch recovery protein made a NOTICEABLE difference for me when I started/ do use it.

Only 8g of protein per serving though? Seems kinda low compared to others.

Over been using Built bars for a while now and like them.

I'm no nutritionist but it works for me as I'm not looking to get big. And I'm guaranteed I'm getting some protein in the 30min window before I get home. Use to use the Cliff Builder bars when I was climbing a ton but the hydration aspect wasn't as important climbing like it is post ride.

Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 11:04 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
SIS Rego is the best recovery drink if you're serious about recovery... skratch recovery is really lacking for recovery from a hard ride.

Big fan of it. the 40% discount I get helps with that too!

Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 22:48 Quote
Axxe wrote:
I like beer.

Favorite California brewed beers?

Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 22:54 Quote
nubbs wrote:
Axxe wrote:
I like beer.

Favorite California brewer beers?

One of my first brews when I was of legal drinking age was an Anchor Steam.

I should go track one down.. It's been a few years.

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 8:11 Quote
nubbs wrote:
Axxe wrote:
I like beer.

Favorite California brewed beers?

Alvarado street, phenomenal sours

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 9:08 Quote
nubbs wrote:
Axxe wrote:
I like beer.

Favorite California brewed beers?

Brewery X out of Anaheim. Lots of good stuff, including this 4th of July special. Merica!

Happy 4th y all

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 9:13 Quote
chunter wrote:
nubbs wrote:
Axxe wrote:
I like beer.

Favorite California brewed beers?

Alvarado street, phenomenal sours
phenomenal beer in general.

Top $$$ though.

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 9:24 Quote
Russian River, Lagunitas, Knee Deep, Humble Sea, Sante Adairus, Sierra Nevada, Lost Coast.

That’s the tip of the NorCal suggestions. Southern California, San Diego specifically, crushes the beer game. Stone, Ballast, Green Flash, all come from there.

Weirdly enough, I can enjoy all of the above and still like Coors light. Come at me.

O+
Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 9:25 Quote
humble sea is pretty good too. Fieldwork is good if you can find it. Lagunitas is solid and dependable, as is sierra nevada. Great Notion out of portland is my current favorite.

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 9:25 Quote
Circe wrote:
Russian River, Lagunitas, Knee Deep, Humble Sea, Sante Adairus, Sierra Nevada, Lost Coast.

That’s the tip of the NorCal suggestions. Southern California, San Diego specifically, crushes the beer game. Stone, Ballast, Green Flash, all come from there.

Weirdly enough, I can enjoy all of the above and still like Coors light. Come at me.

haha same

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 9:44 Quote
I definitely enjoy a higher quality beer but an ice cold beer is an ice cold beer and I am not going to complain about it.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.021191
Mobile Version of Website