Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Jul 6, 2022 at 19:17 Quote
Saddles are so much personal preference its hard to decide a best.

I like ergon saddles a lot but they’ve been very hard to get recently.

Not a fan of specialized saddles though, would try the power but been taking off the stock bridge saddles from all my specialized bikes.

Posted: Jul 6, 2022 at 19:54 Quote
chunter wrote:
Axxe wrote:
I found a Paul tensioner in my parts bin and converted my titanium hardtail into a single speed. It’s lighter now.

Bye bye old Transition TransAm single speed it served me well. Will make a college commuter bike for my daughter.

That’s awesome, make sure you get her a great lock!

I am old and fat so I went with 21t Kick Ass Cog rear and 32t elliptic front. I know. But local hills kinda steep. At least it ain’t a moped.

photo

Posted: Jul 6, 2022 at 20:18 Quote
Currently on Ergon and SQ Lab. Both nice. Always had happy cheeks on WTB also.

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2022 at 20:23 Quote
I quite like my Chromag Saddle.

Posted: Jul 6, 2022 at 21:23 Quote
WTB in the dirt... Fizik in the road.

Do not like Power saddles at all but was impressed with the Romin, been trying to find a Romin Evo Mirror for a couple months without luck.

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2022 at 23:52 Quote
I really like my Specialized Power Arc and Phenom saddles, annoyed the Power Arc doesn't come in Comp level so you need to shell out for Expert. Would be keen to try a Mimic saddle and also curious about Ergon and SQ Lab.

Underrated saddle is my Giant Contact Neutral - cheap and comfy. Had a Fizik for quite a while that I liked. Didn't love my Chromags or WTB, and hated Tioga.

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 7:33 Quote
I would like to suggest Fizic for the worst

O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 7:50 Quote
Currently rocking a fabric scoop, wtb volt and chromag trailmaster.

The wtb volt agrees with my butt the most

O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 8:08 Quote
SDG for lyfe my brothas and sistas

Fizik saddles are equivalent to bolting a hatchet to my seat rails and riding on top of railroad ties. Ruff.

O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 8:25 Quote
nubbs wrote:

Fizik saddles are equivalent to bolting a hatchet to my seat rails and riding on top of railroad ties. Ruff.

Thats how SDG seats feel to me.

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 8:42 Quote
Historically I've gotten on well with Ergon & bontrager saddles. Decided to try an SDG BA3 recently. I've got nothing but praise for that saddle, I'm finding myself much less sore in the days following a ride then I have previously.

O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 8:45 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
nubbs wrote:

Thats how SDG seats feel to me.

Have you tried any of the newer models?

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 9:11 Quote
Scott/Syncros Belcarra and Tofino are massively slept on.

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 10:15 Quote
nubbs wrote:

I ride Fizik for decades and my behind is intact. Toughen up.

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 11:29 Quote
Short friend is trying to buy a bike. They always have issues with saddles buzzing on small /extra small 29ers. Any recommendations for bikes you know don't have clearance issues with saddle buzzing at full bottom out? Or, if you'd prefer to throw a bike brand under the bus, this seems like a good place.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.046265
Mobile Version of Website