Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Jul 25, 2022 at 3:02 Quote
riish wrote:
It does narrow down frame selection a bit, but I don’t think I’d ever put down money for a high-end bike that uses a trunnion mount or a yoke.

There’s enough good options out there with regular shock mounting where you don’t have to deal with shock loading or potentially poor manufacturing tolerances. Especially if you plan on keeping the frame + shock for a couple years.

My thoughts exactly.

Posted: Jul 25, 2022 at 3:26 Quote
Santa Cruz making the best frames at the moment? They are about the only mainstream brand that seem to have all their shit sorted?

It’s absolutely mad that people are defending $5k frames that eat shocks.

Posted: Jul 25, 2022 at 3:54 Quote
^^^^^^^ (+1000)

Posted: Jul 25, 2022 at 5:23 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:
Santa Cruz making the best frames at the moment? They are about the only mainstream brand that seem to have all their shit sorted?

Regardless of how they ride Santa Cruz has always been very consistent with good design and quality control. Also, Warranty is top notch.

Posted: Jul 25, 2022 at 5:25 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:

Outside of the discussion on whether they make the nicest riding bikes or not, I’ve been so impressed with the build quality and longevity of mine that I’d happily drop the money on another SC frame tomorrow, even with their price increases.
For topics sake, I’ve had the same Fox RC4 on my Nomad since I bought it, 6.5 years ago. Can confirm it doesn’t eat shocks.

Posted: Jul 25, 2022 at 6:02 Quote
Only downside of santas i've seen is their clear coat is extremely soft. I have 3 friends with glossy paints and all the bikes are full of micro scratches

Posted: Jul 25, 2022 at 7:01 Quote
Noeserd wrote:
Only downside of santas i've seen is their clear coat is extremely soft. I have 3 friends with glossy paints and all the bikes are full of micro scratches

that happens to all bikes with glossy clear coats.

Rocky Mountain is making great frames right now as well.

Posted: Jul 25, 2022 at 9:14 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
notsosikmik wrote:
I do have a Trust fork on my Hardtail currently. lol

Honestly great forks for a certain type of rider.

Yeah for how ugly those things are its really not a terrible performer on certain terrain. definitely wasnt for me

They are also bankrupt.

Posted: Jul 25, 2022 at 9:30 Quote
IIRC specialized bought the patent to make a fork

Posted: Jul 25, 2022 at 9:33 Quote
IDC how well they ride, those forks are HIDEOUS! Facepalm

Posted: Jul 25, 2022 at 9:42 Quote
fredro wrote:
IDC how well they ride, those forks are HIDEOUS! Facepalm

But are they ubiquitous? Wink

Posted: Jul 25, 2022 at 9:43 Quote
They are definitely NOT ubiquitous…., just hideous!

Posted: Jul 25, 2022 at 9:45 Quote
Axxe wrote:
newbermuda wrote:
notsosikmik wrote:
I do have a Trust fork on my Hardtail currently. lol

Honestly great forks for a certain type of rider.

Yeah for how ugly those things are its really not a terrible performer on certain terrain. definitely wasnt for me

They are also bankrupt.

Big Stanchion infiltrated and sabotaged them because they were afraid of the future. Wake up sheeple.

Posted: Jul 25, 2022 at 10:35 Quote
fredro wrote:
They are definitely NOT ubiquitous…., just hideous!

Linkage forks are garbage & make any bike look like a pig.

Posted: Jul 25, 2022 at 11:17 Quote
crs-one wrote:
Axxe wrote:
newbermuda wrote:

They are also bankrupt.

Big Stanchion infiltrated and sabotaged them because they were afraid of the future. Wake up sheeple.

lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.037661
Mobile Version of Website