Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Aug 7, 2022 at 13:11 Quote
Since when is aero a thing in DH?

Posted: Aug 7, 2022 at 13:44 Quote
You never seen DH runs from the lycra era...?

Posted: Aug 7, 2022 at 17:42 Quote
My wife just likes me in tight pants.

Not gonna lie.. I kinda like tight pants too

Posted: Aug 7, 2022 at 19:28 Quote
Circe wrote:
When did people stop wearing shorts in World Cup DH?
Wasn’t it around the time One Industries launched the Vapor gear and people realized that MTB pants could be more than just moto pants with long legs?

That was the first time I ever wore pants for DH.

Posted: Aug 7, 2022 at 20:36 Quote
I'm hoping to see shorts come back soon.

If it keeps getting warmer and warmer they will come back.

But pants are the best still. The fancy NF #BClocdawgmadesickness pants have been very goooooood.

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 0:26 Quote
TibZ wrote:
Since when is aero a thing in DH?

Since people wanted to win?

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 5:20 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
My wife just likes me in tight pants.

Not gonna lie.. I kinda like tight pants too

You just like them because they make your pecker look bigger.....Big Grin

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 8:54 Quote
QQ - anyone on 23' Zebs?

I did a week in the alps, 4-6hrs riding a day and struggled to get full travel out of them even running ~half reccomended air pressure.

im about 90kg in gear and running 50-60psi (recommended) feels good on the small stuff but way too firm on the chunkier hits, even with compression wound right out.

Everything ive read says they come with 1 volume spacer installed stock. Should I just go down to 0?

Am i missing anything? seems odd given the stock lyrik works so so well for me.

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 9:10 Quote
I have ‘22 Zeb and I’m running way below recommended psi. I also removed all tokens. Feels great on the trail, but I rarely bottom out or come close to using all the travel on big hits. Might drop psi even more and zero out on compression. I’m pretty light (150lbs) and don’t go too big or too fast.

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 9:23 Quote
yeah remove the token.

i had the '21 select version it recommended me something like 80 psi and i barely used 55-60 and still got %20 sag

it rides extremely high in travel and bottoming out is like impossible, never been able to fully bottom it out despite running as low as 45 psi and im 110kg (242lbs) kitted

this is the video of me using 45 psi, there were still few mm of travel left unused

Views: 101    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 9:56 Quote
I don't think bottoming out should be the goal of suspension tuning.

If it feels good, ride it.

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 10:33 Quote
PHeller wrote:
I don't think bottoming out should be the goal of suspension tuning.

If it feels good, ride it.

when you're riding full blown double black downhill runs and still have 20mm of unused travel left, theres a problem.

Makes upgrading to a 180mm fork pointless, and if i cant fix it ill be putting my 170mm Lyrik ultimates back on!

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 10:38 Quote
Yup. Im with Pheller.

Achieving full bottom out is not a goal to have when setting up a fork. Or for any normal mtb ride in your area. Ideally you almost never use full travel on a good fork setup.

A bottom out bumper inside a fork lower is ~5mm thick depending on the fork. The force alone to fully squish a fork bumper is quite a lot for some riders.

That being said this season the less volume spacers the better in the 38 I have the better it's been.

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 11:06 Quote
sweet, ill just keep that missing 20mm travel in reserve for when i HTF off a 20ft drop after gaining 50kg of weight Rolleyes

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 11:13 Quote
morewhitenoise wrote:
sweet, ill just keep that missing 20mm travel in reserve for when i HTF off a 20ft drop after gaining 50kg of weight Rolleyes

Yeah that's totally what I am saying.. 200 psi in all the forks..

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.021909
Mobile Version of Website