Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
O+
Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 11:16 Quote
Just take the token out. im running two tokens and the recommended PSI in my zeb and use about 90% of my fork travel pretty regularly but ive only bottomed it in extreme/out of the ordinary circumstances, which is when you should be bottoming.

And if you prefer your lyrik, just put it back on. no one is making you use a Zeb.

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 11:32 Quote
morewhitenoise wrote:
sweet, ill just keep that missing 20mm travel in reserve for when i HTF off a 20ft drop after gaining 50kg of weight Rolleyes

I died. Lol

People love the Zebb. There might be something wrong with your fork.

I LOVE my 38. I’ve only fully bottomed it out a few times and each time, it was beyond terrifying. You know those OMG am I going to ride those out situations? Other then that, I usually have a little left in reserve on most rides.

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 11:46 Quote
I think 2022 models with new air spring, damper, buttercups, etc will need more sag. Which means less air.

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 19:28 Quote
I went down to 1 token in my 38 from 4 when I reduced the travel to 160 and still only use full travel in ohh shit moments.

O+
Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 21:30 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
I went down to 1 token in my 38 from 4 when I reduced the travel to 160 and still only use full travel in ohh shit moments.

This is the only time I use full travel as well and I think that is how it should be.

Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 4:25 Quote
Circe wrote:
morewhitenoise wrote:
sweet, ill just keep that missing 20mm travel in reserve for when i HTF off a 20ft drop after gaining 50kg of weight Rolleyes

I died. Lol

People love the Zebb. There might be something wrong with your fork.

I LOVE my 38. I’ve only fully bottomed it out a few times and each time, it was beyond terrifying. You know those OMG am I going to ride those out situations? Other then that, I usually have a little left in reserve on most rides.

This is why i asked, im confused to find them so bad in stock form given what i've read and past experience on the Lyrik being so good.

Not sure why people are struggling to understand why not bottoming your fork after a week of some of the most extreme riding accesible to me is a bad thing....!

Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 5:47 Quote
newbermuda wrote:

And if you prefer your lyrik, just put it back on. no one is making you use a Zeb.

But if I don't have a big boy(girl) fork how will people know I slap?

Seriously though, I had a hard time balancing tokens/air-spring in my ZEB until I got a Luftkappe. That transformed the fork.

Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 7:48 Quote
I lol’d…

I have 2 big boy forks, and I definitely do not slap.

Fml

Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 8:02 Quote
I legit only bought that fork to look cool on this forum thread....

O+
Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 8:13 Quote
RMWB wrote:
newbermuda wrote:

Seriously though, I had a hard time balancing tokens/air-spring in my ZEB until I got a Luftkappe. That transformed the fork.

Im a little luftkappe curious. It's reversible right?

Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 8:42 Quote
It's reversible but doubt you will remove it after using it lol

Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 8:51 Quote
RMWB wrote:
newbermuda wrote:

Gotta swing the Epeen.

I don't even have a trail bike anymore and I still have people fooled that I "slap"

Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 9:23 Quote
Noeserd wrote:
It's reversible but doubt you will remove it after using it lol

Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 9:27 Quote
RMWB wrote:
newbermuda wrote:

I read on the vorsprung site that with the Luftkappe you may have an issue reaching full travel when it’s used on long travel forks. I haven’t used one but I’ve heard the Secus is supposed to be really good though, as is the DSD Runt.

O+
Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 9:35 Quote
Luftkappe is really good bang for the buck but I think the Diaz runt or the Vorsprung Secus are the best mods for the Zeb. But also increasingly expensive as they get better. Vorsprung Secus($350) > Diaz Runt($225) > Luftkappe ($145)

Depends on what you are really looking for though. Luftkappe is good for increasing initial stroke suppleness but is not nearly as good for mid/end stroke as the Secus or Runt. Where the runt does not really improve initial stroke but really improves overall spring curve by making it overall more linear like a coil with not as harsh of a ramp up at the end. The Secus really is the best in my opinion and improves everywhere by making the curve very linear with nice end stroke ramp up but is also the most expensive.

Secus

Runt

Luftkappe

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.022030
Mobile Version of Website