Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 10:12 Quote
Why not convert to coil after that amount of money? Secus and smashpot are nearly the same price

Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 11:01 Quote
Noeserd wrote:
Why not convert to coil after that amount of money? Secus and smashpot are nearly the same price

Adjustability of air springs. 3 psi in a fork can be a lot of change on trail. Smashpot is heavy heavy too.

O+
Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 11:25 Quote
Noeserd wrote:

Weight and ease of adjustability are main factors but also interesting that the Owner of Vorsprung Steve has said on a couple different occasions that the Secus is his favorite product and what he personally runs. The smooth end stroke ramp up just works really well. Not the same system but this is one the reasons I really like dual positive air chamber systems like what you find in the Manitou, Ohlins and EXT forks.

Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 11:38 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
RMWB wrote:
newbermuda wrote:

And if you prefer your lyrik, just put it back on. no one is making you use a Zeb.

But if I don't have a big boy(girl) fork how will people know I slap?

Seriously though, I had a hard time balancing tokens/air-spring in my ZEB until I got a Luftkappe. That transformed the fork.

Gotta swing the Epeen.

I don't even have a trail bike anymore and I still have people fooled that I "slap"

You never stop reminding us you used to slap Razz

To give credit where credit is due:

Enduro ing

Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 11:41 Quote
Look at that throwback shot... he was just a lil cygnet back then.

Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 13:36 Quote
Circe wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
RMWB wrote:

But if I don't have a big boy(girl) fork how will people know I slap?

Seriously though, I had a hard time balancing tokens/air-spring in my ZEB until I got a Luftkappe. That transformed the fork.

Gotta swing the Epeen.

I don't even have a trail bike anymore and I still have people fooled that I "slap"

You never stop reminding us you used to slap Razz

To give credit where credit is due:

Enduro ing

I have to relive my past wannabe pro biker life somehow.

That bike got flogged soo hard. A few days later, I was doing dumped 360s and under flips on it because I didn't want to go get my DJ bike. lol

badbadleroybrown wrote:
Look at that throwback shot... he was just a lil cygnet back then.
10 years and 40lbs ago.. Haha

Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 14:58 Quote
Dougal over at MTBR will shit on a lot of products, but the Secus is the one thing he admits works really well.

I know people who've had coils, Luftkappe, Mezzer, Runt, and Avalanche Hybrids along with the Secus. The Secus is the only one that makes them really have to think hard about it (Secus + Tune) or the Avy Hybrid.

My buddy who bought the Avy Hybrid (Zeb) when it first landed in 2020 and preferred it over the Mezzer said the Secus (for which he rode on someone elses bike) would go on his next fork if it fit.

1) he liked that despite riding someone else bikes it only required changing air pressure in the parking lot.
2) tuning could be done by any suspension shop and Secus can be moved to another fork with appropriate footstud.
3) Air spring tuning could be done based on the track or ride conditions.

The only negative he listed was that you'd still have the tuning limitations of RS/FOX dampers. If they weren't your thing.

Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 15:16 Quote
The Avalanche guy is a dork

Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 16:44 Quote
Circe wrote:
are they still trying to tell people that open bath dampers are superior?

Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 21:50 Quote
Nobble wrote:
Circe wrote:

Yes sir.

Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 22:01 Quote
Circe wrote:
Nobble wrote:
Circe wrote:

Yes sir.
lol

Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 22:05 Quote
It’s kind of like the Cascade linkage guys “fixing” everything by making it MORE PROGRESSIVE

Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 23:54 Quote
Circe wrote:
It’s kind of like the Cascade linkage guys “fixing” everything by making it MORE PROGRESSIVE

My co-worker's Cascade caliper started leaking within a week. They sent him two new ones but now he's not sure about them anymore.

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 3:17 Quote
On the last SS SuperChunk SJ Evo, the Cascade link made the Coil shock better for me.

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 3:36 Quote
My '19 patrol also works better with their link.
For the faulty caliper: we've seen quite a few brands with malfunctioning parts and worse warranty process.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.023939
Mobile Version of Website