Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 4:58 Quote
"Just remove the volume spacer...."ah shit

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 5:49 Quote
morewhitenoise wrote:

The last time I had the symptoms you describe, it was air buildup in the lowers. Could try sliding a ziptie down there and seeing if it releases any air?

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 11:35 Quote
riish wrote:
morewhitenoise wrote:

The last time I had the symptoms you describe, it was air buildup in the lowers. Could try sliding a ziptie down there and seeing if it releases any air?

I think sram is going to court with fox over that one, definitely not the issue.

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 13:53 Quote
Open bath dampers aren't necessarily what makes Avy cartridges superior, it’s that they are proven tech from a variety of different suspension backgrounds that are relatively easy to tune.

GRIP2 is semi-open but they muck it up with VVT and others do the same with preloaded shimstacks.

I think part of the reason I like my Mezzer so much is the damper is relatively simple and not preloaded.

The same buddy who has experience on these setups agreed: “Mezzer with Secus might be the best of both worlds.” Although he admitted the reverse arch wasn’t his favorite and the Zeb was stiffer beyond 160mm.

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 14:15 Quote
PHeller wrote:
Open bath dampers aren't necessarily what makes Avy cartridges superior, it’s that they are proven tech from a variety of different suspension backgrounds that are relatively easy to tune.

GRIP2 is semi-open but they muck it up with VVT and others do the same with preloaded shimstacks.

I think part of the reason I like my Mezzer so much is the damper is relatively simple and not preloaded.

The same buddy who has experience on these setups agreed: “Mezzer with Secus might be the best of both worlds.” Although he admitted the reverse arch wasn’t his favorite and the Zeb was stiffer beyond 160mm.

I'm not sure if you've ridden it, but VVC is clever and works awesome.

O+
Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 15:05 Quote
Circe wrote:
PHeller wrote:

I'm not sure if you've ridden it, but VVC is clever and works awesome.

Interesting to see Steve from Vorsprung talk about it and evaluate with data from dyno.

Starts talking about the damper specifically at 13:41

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 9:17 Quote
Even Steve likes it! Dyno shows it works.

I'm not going to link the Avalanche site because its so bad.

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 9:45 Quote
Anyways - Vorsprung Secus is what you want. It's cool. It works. It's adjustable.

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 10:33 Quote
Circe wrote:

Have you ever owned or ridden anything done by Craig at Avalanche???

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 12:35 Quote
dchill wrote:
Circe wrote:

Have you ever owned or ridden anything done by Craig at Avalanche???

nah, because that sites makes it look like you gotta send in Spanish silver via carrier pigeon

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 13:18 Quote
Extralite's website is the same way.

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 15:17 Quote
Hadley doesn't even have a website. STFU.

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 15:24 Quote
Honestly, it's more professional to just have no website than it is to have the shitshow web design avalanche has going on... if you're trying to sell me your engineering prowess, you sure as f*ck better be able to figure out wix/weebly/squarespace or some other service that literally every other small business owner on the planet can figure out. It's either laziness or incompetence, neither of which is a good look.

...and count me in the camp that's ridden their work several times and never been impressed.

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 15:32 Quote
That website does look like I am buying moto parts from the 90's while also being in the 90's. I would say that if you cannot get current suspension to work for you out of the box it is not the suspension it is you. I would assume this same person that gets customs suspension spends more time on forums than actually riding. Most stuff is so good for 99.9% of folks these days.

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 15:46 Quote
Tsoxbhk wrote:
That website does look like I am buying moto parts from the 90's while also being in the 90's. I would say that if you cannot get current suspension to work for you out of the box it is not the suspension it is you. I would assume this same person that gets customs suspension spends more time on forums than actually riding. Most stuff is so good for 99.9% of folks these days.

This 100%... on facebook and reddit, I constantly see people asking if they should swap forks or shocks or get their shit tuned, and they can never answer a simple "what is it that you dislike about how it's riding now, and what do you want it to do differently" question, they just wanna buy cred that their skills can't get them.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.034119
Mobile Version of Website