Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 15:49 Quote
Bunny hops.... that’s 75% gone in a single move

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 16:52 Quote
PHeller wrote:
Hadley doesn't even have a website. STFU.

Yeah but you Google it, you find a forum thread from fifteen years ago, the number still works, and Suzanne still picks up and either sells you a hub/part or tells you absolutely anything down to the metal alloys used in each small part, off the top of her head. A website would be worse.

O+
Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 17:04 Quote
So then if we don't need fancy suspension stuff why buy fancy new suspension at all?

The whole market is just aimed towards telling us that something out there is better. If you point the finger at Avalanche, then you should do so for Vorsprung and Fox alike.

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 17:12 Quote
PHeller wrote:
So then if we don't need fancy suspension stuff why buy fancy new suspension at all?

The whole market is just aimed towards telling us that something out there is better. If you point the finger at Avalanche, then you should do so for Vorsprung and Fox alike.
Fox makes a product and iterates on their own designs.

Vorsprung has innovative and novel approaches to adding to the existing product that they back up with real-world riding and dyno testing.

Avalanche just tries to tell people that their suspension is shit and that Fox designed their shit all wrong and you should scrap your damper that Fox dumped a mountain of R&D money into and put your faith in some big headed clown from CT who's never managed to put a rider on a podium but runs a company that can't manage to find a high school kid to build them a real website... but it's definitely better than anything else out there.

Gosh, can't imagine why anyone has no issues with Fox or Vorsprung but laughs at Avy.

O+
Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 20:12 Quote
PHeller wrote:

Do they even still make hubs?

O+
Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 21:05 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
PHeller wrote:

Do they even still make hubs?

They sure do. Have set on my DH bike that I got a few months ago.

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 22:50 Quote
BTI has them in stock

O+
Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 23:11 Quote
TIL. What's the msrp on those bad boiz?

Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 5:50 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
PHeller wrote:

Fox makes a product and iterates on their own designs.

Vorsprung has innovative and novel approaches to adding to the existing product that they back up with real-world riding and dyno testing.

Avalanche just tries to tell people that their suspension is shit and that Fox designed their shit all wrong and you should scrap your damper that Fox dumped a mountain of R&D money into and put your faith in some big headed clown from CT who's never managed to put a rider on a podium but runs a company that can't manage to find a high school kid to build them a real website... but it's definitely better than anything else out there.

Gosh, can't imagine why anyone has no issues with Fox or Vorsprung but laughs at Avy.

Must be a North East Coast thing because plenty of riders out this way like his stuff. That said suspension has come a long way since 2010-2012. Stuff he did with that gen Boxxer was far better then stock.

Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 5:54 Quote
crs-one wrote:
PHeller wrote:

Yeah but you Google it, you find a forum thread from fifteen years ago, the number still works, and Suzanne still picks up and either sells you a hub/part or tells you absolutely anything down to the metal alloys used in each small part, off the top of her head. A website would be worse.

Their stuff lasts years, unlike those I-9 hubs

O+
Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 6:54 Quote
dchill wrote:
crs-one wrote:
PHeller wrote:

Their stuff lasts years, unlike those I-9 hubs

So true. Can't understand the hype with i9 still.

They can't last half a season without crapping out somehow.

Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 7:06 Quote
I9 s are the worst!

O+
Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 7:12 Quote
i cannot understand how people ride with those. I would quit biking if my bike sounded like that

O+
Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 8:29 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:

BTI has MSRP listed at $380 for rear and $199 for front.

Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 9:38 Quote
notsosikmik wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:

BTI has MSRP listed at $380 for rear and $199 for front.

Not terrible in the grand scheme of things, but you can still get a 350 rear for about $300. The Hadley is maybe a little more durable in the long run but not as common, so it would be harder to find a mechanic who knows how to work on it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.043916
Mobile Version of Website