Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 9:48 Quote
Double post...

Losing the weight game. 30 lbs 14 oz. Still not terrible but probably the heaviest mid-travel bike I've ever had. Added 2.5 MaxxGrip Assegai front and 2.4 MaxxTerra DHR II rear. Also new Deity seat clamp, valve caps, and spacer kit, and new I9 valves.
New rubber new seat collar new valves and caps new headset spacers and new grips. 30 lbs 14 oz. Oh and new bottle.

Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 10:38 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Tsoxbhk wrote:
That website does look like I am buying moto parts from the 90's while also being in the 90's. I would say that if you cannot get current suspension to work for you out of the box it is not the suspension it is you. I would assume this same person that gets customs suspension spends more time on forums than actually riding. Most stuff is so good for 99.9% of folks these days.

This 100%... on facebook and reddit, I constantly see people asking if they should swap forks or shocks or get their shit tuned, and they can never answer a simple "what is it that you dislike about how it's riding now, and what do you want it to do differently" question, they just wanna buy cred that their skills can't get them.

My fork doesn't use all of its travel, to a point where I lower the air pressure by half then it just sits too low so that the compression damping effectively does nothing. Maybe I just need to get used to a stiffer fork and accept its just never going to be buttery smooth. Or rebuild it and make sure there isn't something faulty.

Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 11:21 Quote
morewhitenoise wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Tsoxbhk wrote:
That website does look like I am buying moto parts from the 90's while also being in the 90's. I would say that if you cannot get current suspension to work for you out of the box it is not the suspension it is you. I would assume this same person that gets customs suspension spends more time on forums than actually riding. Most stuff is so good for 99.9% of folks these days.

This 100%... on facebook and reddit, I constantly see people asking if they should swap forks or shocks or get their shit tuned, and they can never answer a simple "what is it that you dislike about how it's riding now, and what do you want it to do differently" question, they just wanna buy cred that their skills can't get them.

My fork doesn't use all of its travel, to a point where I lower the air pressure by half then it just sits too low so that the compression damping effectively does nothing. Maybe I just need to get used to a stiffer fork and accept its just never going to be buttery smooth. Or rebuild it and make sure there isn't something faulty.

I had that happen on an open bath fork when some seals leaked oil into lowers. I have had that happen on an air spring fork with negative air chamber when something got gunked up. Nothing that disassembly and inspection and some spare parts can't fix.

O+
Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 11:21 Quote
seraph wrote:
Double post...

Losing the weight game. 30 lbs 14 oz. Still not terrible but probably the heaviest mid-travel bike I've ever had. Added 2.5 MaxxGrip Assegai front and 2.4 MaxxTerra DHR II rear. Also new Deity seat clamp, valve caps, and spacer kit, and new I9 valves.
New rubber new seat collar new valves and caps new headset spacers and new grips. 30 lbs 14 oz. Oh and new bottle.

Still 13lbs lighter than my last SJ. lol

O+
Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 11:22 Quote
morewhitenoise wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Tsoxbhk wrote:

I would do that first, then maybe rent a shock wiz to get it dialed in. And if that doesn’t work, I’d look into a Runt or Secus. I also would want to be getting full travel out of my suspension. I typically will use 80-90% of my travel on most rides and full travel on occasion at the bike park or big fast hits, drops and chunky stuff.

Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 11:23 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Tsoxbhk wrote:

15-20 years ago I have had many cases when I just could not make suspension behave the way I like. Within last 10 years, pretty much any reasonable default feels good enough. Just tweak things a bit.

Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 11:46 Quote
seraph wrote:
Double post...

What water bottle is that? Looks cool.

Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 11:52 Quote
Dope Spesh! Like that color..Drool

Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 12:13 Quote
riish wrote:
seraph wrote:
Double post...

It's a Deity. I also got the matching t-shirt.
photo

Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 12:44 Quote
seraph wrote:
notsosikmik wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:
TIL. What's the msrp on those bad boiz?

BTI has MSRP listed at $380 for rear and $199 for front.

Not terrible in the grand scheme of things, but you can still get a 350 rear for about $300. The Hadley is maybe a little more durable in the long run but not as common, so it would be harder to find a mechanic who knows how to work on it.

they are not hard to work on at all. Not as simple as a 240 but I would say easier then a King

Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 12:48 Quote
fredro wrote:
Dope Spesh! Like that color..Drool
+1

That's a rad bike.

O+
Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 13:49 Quote
30lbs is about right for an all-air, little bit of carbon, real tire equipped - trail bike.

...but it also sets the standard that something less burly and with less travel should be lighter, and something with more travel and more suspension should weigh more.

Although that isn't always the case.

Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 14:13 Quote
PHeller wrote:
30lbs is about right for an all-air, little bit of carbon, real tire equipped - trail bike.

...but it also sets the standard that something less burly and with less travel should be lighter, and something with more travel and more suspension should weigh more.

Although that isn't always the case.

The fork is coil, actually.

O+
Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 18:52 Quote
seraph wrote:
Double post...

How tf is this 30 lbs
i have a maxxgrip assegai on my s5 and im running full GX and its 27 lbs.

Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 22:48 Quote
seraph wrote:
riish wrote:
seraph wrote:
Double post...

It's a Deity. I also got the matching t-shirt.
photo

Looks cool! Seems like it’s only available on the US Deity store though. Oh well!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.044289
Mobile Version of Website