Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Author Message
Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 23:18 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
seraph wrote:
Double post...

Losing the weight game. 30 lbs 14 oz. Still not terrible but probably the heaviest mid-travel bike I've ever had. Added 2.5 MaxxGrip Assegai front and 2.4 MaxxTerra DHR II rear. Also new Deity seat clamp, valve caps, and spacer kit, and new I9 valves.
New rubber new seat collar new valves and caps new headset spacers and new grips. 30 lbs 14 oz. Oh and new bottle.

How tf is this 30 lbs
i have a maxxgrip assegai on my s5 and im running full GX and its 27 lbs.

Coil fork conversion, AXS dropper and derailleur are heavier than regular cable models probably, wheels aren't exactly featherweight. My Tallboy 4 was 27 lbs but it was running single ply Rekon 2.6s and 1500g wheels.

Posted: Aug 13, 2022 at 7:53 Quote
This looks eerly like the old stumpjumper

link


Posted: Aug 13, 2022 at 8:06 Quote
That is the old Stumpjumper. Exactly.

Posted: Aug 13, 2022 at 8:22 Quote
seraph wrote:
That is the old Stumpjumper. Exactly.
no swat door

Posted: Aug 13, 2022 at 8:24 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Nice!! I am down. I have nothing to contribute at this time.

Posted: Aug 13, 2022 at 9:29 Quote
Still kills shocks.

Posted: Aug 13, 2022 at 10:31 Quote
Noeserd wrote:
This looks eerly like the old stumpjumper

link


It litterally says Stumpjumper in the product description. I know China is a who different rhelm of IP rights and patents.. But Specialized doesn't f*ck around. I wonder how long before they get this taken down?

Posted: Aug 13, 2022 at 12:04 Quote
Buy them while you can!

Posted: Aug 13, 2022 at 12:08 Quote
did the stumpy ever use a 190x40mm shock? I thought it was 190x42.5

This seems a bit more like a copy your homework but change a few numbers.

That teal color is gorgeous though.

Posted: Aug 13, 2022 at 12:45 Quote
Nobble wrote:
did the stumpy ever use a 190x40mm shock? I thought it was 190x42.5

This seems a bit more like a copy your homework but change a few numbers.

That teal color is gorgeous though.

New ones are 190x45, that's all I know.

Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 6:24 Quote
Found a sick deal on a secondhand SB130 frame with a DPX2. Thinking about throwing the parts from my 29” hardtail on it to have a short travel trail bike, as a compliment to my Nomad. How do they ride, and would you recommend it?

Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 17:46 Quote
Noeserd wrote:
This looks eerly like the old stumpjumper

link


Specialized needs to learn how to paint a frame from these guys.

Posted: Aug 15, 2022 at 12:07 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
seraph wrote:
Double post...

Losing the weight game. 30 lbs 14 oz. Still not terrible but probably the heaviest mid-travel bike I've ever had. Added 2.5 MaxxGrip Assegai front and 2.4 MaxxTerra DHR II rear. Also new Deity seat clamp, valve caps, and spacer kit, and new I9 valves.

Still 13lbs lighter than my last SJ. lol

43lb SJ?????? Eek Eek Eek Eek Eek

Posted: Aug 15, 2022 at 12:09 Quote
arphia wrote:
Noeserd wrote:
This looks eerly like the old stumpjumper

link


Specialized needs to learn how to paint a frame from these guys.

You mean like this?

Posted: Aug 15, 2022 at 22:14 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
seraph wrote:
Double post...

Losing the weight game. 30 lbs 14 oz. Still not terrible but probably the heaviest mid-travel bike I've ever had. Added 2.5 MaxxGrip Assegai front and 2.4 MaxxTerra DHR II rear. Also new Deity seat clamp, valve caps, and spacer kit, and new I9 valves.

Still 13lbs lighter than my last SJ. lol

43lb SJ?????? Eek Eek Eek Eek Eek

SJ Evo alloy..

41.9 if I remember correctly. Lol

Z1 coil
Bomber CR
DH wheels and tires with Cushcore
Diety bar and stem
Zee cranks and brakes

Then I carried a tube/pump/c02/plug kit on the bike

It was a park only bike.. It did over 250k of descending and it climbed less than 250ft.. Litterally the bar was a 25ft vertical climb and I went up there 8 or 9 times.. I litterally never climbed it on dirt.. Lol


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.029952
Mobile Version of Website