O+
Posted: Dec 19, 2022 at 8:54 Quote
lubed nipples with linseed oil. #keepinitoldschool

O+
Posted: Dec 19, 2022 at 9:17 Quote
[Quote="Circe"]
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
Circe wrote:
Next we argue about spokes then nipples?

nipples rarely make me wanna fight.

Just wait till we get to spoke prep treatment.

Twenty6ers4life wrote:
Circe wrote:

whatever gets it to stay in there properly

Posted: Dec 19, 2022 at 10:18 Quote
Circe wrote:

Sapim Lasers are present on all the bikes that I 360. 32h 2x on three of the wheels in question, 36h 3x on one.

I tell everyone to do brass nipples because it's just the smarter choice, but don't look too close at a few of my bikes.

Posted: Dec 19, 2022 at 14:13 Quote
crs-one wrote:
I tell everyone to do brass nipples because it's just the smarter choice, but don't look too close at a few of my bikes.
Lol, this is me as well.

O+
Posted: Dec 19, 2022 at 15:13 Quote
You can't batch your purple anno bits with brass.

Posted: Dec 19, 2022 at 20:05 Quote
Free the nipple.

Posted: Dec 19, 2022 at 22:34 Quote
Normally I use linseed oil, but recently I've been applying DT Spoke Freeze after the wheel is laced, but before I add any spoke tension. So far so good.

Oh and brass Squorx nipples for my high end builds, regular brass for everything else. Unless the customer is deliberately trying to save weight, then I'll use alloy. Alpine III spokes for e-bikes and heavier riders, Comp/Comp Race for everything else. 32h 3x unless otherwise noted.

Posted: Dec 20, 2022 at 0:07 Quote
Does DT still make the supercomp spokes? My current wheels are ex471’s on 240s with supercomp front, comp rear and pro lock brass nipples. Thought it might add a little compliance with the thinner spokes. Haven’t seen them for sale in a few years though.

Posted: Dec 20, 2022 at 1:45 Quote
seraph wrote:
Normally I use linseed oil, but recently I've been applying DT Spoke Freeze after the wheel is laced, but before I add any spoke tension. So far so good.

Oh and brass Squorx nipples for my high end builds, regular brass for everything else. Unless the customer is deliberately trying to save weight, then I'll use alloy. Alpine III spokes for e-bikes and heavier riders, Comp/Comp Race for everything else. 32h 3x unless otherwise noted.

How very practical and not exciting of you.

No pizzazz? Alternating blue and red nipple? Twisted spokes?

Posted: Dec 20, 2022 at 8:53 Quote
Axxe wrote:
seraph wrote:

It's all about the Snowflake front wheel

Posted: Dec 20, 2022 at 9:44 Quote
Axxe wrote:
seraph wrote:

No, I work at a bike shop. Customers don't appreciate pizzazz. They want a solid wheelset that's not going to fail on them, and I want to keep my job.

O+
Posted: Dec 20, 2022 at 12:30 Quote
I'd pay for more pizazz if I could afford it.

Posted: Jan 2, 2023 at 8:15 Quote
Does anyone know the cable pull or derailleur ratios for the trp stuff? I'd love to get the DH7 derailleur shifting across a reduced 12s cassette, but it's based on 11-speed spacing.

Posted: Jan 2, 2023 at 12:55 Quote
I wonder if you could put a short cage on an Eagle derailleur. Semenuk runs an AXS Eagle derailleur with an X01 DH cage. To me that means you might be able to run the same cage on a regular Eagle derailleur.

O+
Posted: Jan 2, 2023 at 13:39 Quote
seraph wrote:
I wonder if you could put a short cage on an Eagle derailleur. Semenuk runs an AXS Eagle derailleur with an X01 DH cage. To me that means you might be able to run the same cage on a regular Eagle derailleur.

That would be nice. i have an Enduro frame that id like to set up as a park bike that i would like to have axs on.

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.027227
Mobile Version of Website