Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
O+
Posted: Jan 12, 2023 at 15:09 Quote
That's the beauty of convertible full face helmets, can wear a helmet all the way up and have a full face for the descents. I know if I had a dedicated full face I would never want to wear it aside from park riding/shuttling.

O+
Posted: Jan 12, 2023 at 15:52 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
I have been running Shimano ME7 for the last 2 years. 1st pair cracked at the cleat and was covered under warranty and now my second pair has done the same.

Who makes a good "enduro" shoe that won't break on me and fit wide feet. Previously I had 5/10's and they were solid until the sole wore out but not sure about their latest offering.

Ive previously wore the ME7 as well, and also cracked the sole. I used a pair of 5.10 Hellcat pro's with success last season. They have a nice wide toe box, and seemed to work well for a Big dude

O+
Posted: Jan 12, 2023 at 15:59 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
I bought a fox proframe last year and I am trying to wear it on a more regular basis. I run hot and still find it uncomfortable to climb in compared to a half shell.

I picked up one of these to give it a shot since it is cheap. It does a really good job of holding the helmet for the climb so I will actually use it. The only issue is you need to make sure you have enough spacers for it to be above your stem.

https://thehafclip.com/collections/featured-products

Wow! that seems like a useful product.

Im in the same boat with my pro frame...Ill defiantly have to give it a go

O+
Posted: Jan 12, 2023 at 18:29 Quote
kmag76 wrote:
mtbman1980 wrote:
I bought a fox proframe last year and I am trying to wear it on a more regular basis. I run hot and still find it uncomfortable to climb in compared to a half shell.

I picked up one of these to give it a shot since it is cheap. It does a really good job of holding the helmet for the climb so I will actually use it. The only issue is you need to make sure you have enough spacers for it to be above your stem.

Yes! Another haf clip user. Was going to mention them..

Got one late last year and I use it all the time on the trail bike. Holds a helmet, pads, or jacket. Ideally I could use it to carry a trail bong too but idk yet...

O+
Posted: Jan 12, 2023 at 21:01 Quote
nubbs wrote:
kmag76 wrote:
mtbman1980 wrote:

Got one late last year and I use it all the time on the trail bike. Holds a helmet, pads, or jacket. Ideally I could use it to carry a trail bong too but idk yet...

That would be a sight to be seen! something like the old Syncros bar ends...That doubled as a trail pipe.

O+
Posted: Jan 12, 2023 at 21:31 Quote
kmag76 wrote:
nubbs wrote:
kmag76 wrote:

That would be a sight to be seen! something like the old Syncros bar ends...That doubled as a trail pipe.

Better to have it and not need it than to not have it and need it eh

Posted: Jan 13, 2023 at 2:08 Quote
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
My bag is just a bit too small to carry a full face. I've thought of doing this too as I usually pedal up nonstop, but there are definitely some trails that involve a bit of down followed by more climbing and I'm not hero enough to ride it lidless and dont' wanna take it off and strap it on again (sounds bad). The more I think about it, the crazier it seems enduro bike riders are riding with these beater lids on.

Working in a bike store I always found it very concerning that we were taking dudes who hadn't ridden a bike in 10+ years, sticking them on a 160 travel Trek Rail that made them feel invincible and we were sending them out the store with a half lid and some XC-weight knee pads.

Good luck out there bud

Posted: Jan 13, 2023 at 5:28 Quote
kmag76 wrote:

Maybe five years ago, I sent a pipe screen most of the way into my Maxle Stealth. That way you could load your loud through the Allen key end, and pull from the threaded end.

Posted: Jan 13, 2023 at 6:30 Quote
tom666 wrote:
My bag is just a bit too small to carry a full face. I've thought of doing this too as I usually pedal up nonstop, but there are definitely some trails that involve a bit of down followed by more climbing and I'm not hero enough to ride it lidless and dont' wanna take it off and strap it on again (sounds bad). The more I think about it, the crazier it seems enduro bike riders are riding with these beater lids on.

Working in a bike store I always found it very concerning that we were taking dudes who hadn't ridden a bike in 10+ years, sticking them on a 160 travel Trek Rail that made them feel invincible and we were sending them out the store with a half lid and some XC-weight knee pads.

Good luck out there bud

How else will we get input for the Friday Fails?

Posted: Jan 13, 2023 at 9:26 Quote
BenLow2019 wrote:
tom666 wrote:

Good luck out there bud

We're creating customers for Doctors and Dentists, knowing that money will surely come back to the bike industry

O+
Posted: Jan 13, 2023 at 12:12 Quote
tom666 wrote:
BenLow2019 wrote:
tom666 wrote:

Good luck out there bud

We're creating customers for Doctors and Dentists, knowing that money will surely come back to the bike industry

It's compassion for companies like Niner & Yeti.

Posted: Jan 13, 2023 at 14:54 Quote
If you aren’t gonna win the weight game, lose big.

O+
Posted: Jan 14, 2023 at 7:19 Quote
tomhoward379 wrote:
If you aren’t gonna win the weight game, lose big.

Nice! What’s the thickness on these?

Posted: Jan 14, 2023 at 8:29 Quote
3mm total iirc, but they’re the vented version, so there’s vents sandwiched betwixt two thinner surfaces.

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.037658
Mobile Version of Website