Gyro? Or no?

Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 30, 2012 at 16:33 Quote
Hey I am not sure whether or not to put a detangler on my new DJ I am building. I plan to do tailwhips and barspins but I am not sure if it would be worth it to buy a gyro or just rock a long cable. Help please!

Posted: Jan 31, 2012 at 7:19 Quote
Hydraulic gyro or cable?

Atomlab make this

http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Atomlab-Pimp-Twister-Disc-Brake_26774.htm?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Product_Search&utm_campaign=Froogle02

Posted: Feb 1, 2012 at 0:48 Quote
well if you are not planning to do more than 2 bars or whips in a set . then no. Practice brake less till you get use to it . Then run a longer cable . A lot of pain in the ass working on a gyro setup and they usually become very tedious in the future to maintain proper braking . Now if you do run more than 3 bars and multi whips . look into the dartmoor set up or a odyssey gtr . Hydro setups in the states are rare since the new hardware has not been released yet and te atomlab if you find one did not work very well . The straightline is suppose to be fab . But that is what they claim and only pro's have it now

Posted: Feb 15, 2012 at 18:49 Quote
Caezar wrote:
well if you are not planning to do more than 2 bars or whips in a set . then no. Practice brake less till you get use to it . Then run a longer cable . A lot of pain in the ass working on a gyro setup and they usually become very tedious in the future to maintain proper braking . Now if you do run more than 3 bars and multi whips . look into the dartmoor set up or a odyssey gtr . Hydro setups in the states are rare since the new hardware has not been released yet and te atomlab if you find one did not work very well . The straightline is suppose to be fab . But that is what they claim and only pro's have it now
cool thanks!

Posted: Feb 29, 2012 at 10:15 Quote
Keep your eyes peeled on a release announcing our collaboration with Cane Creek. We got together and will release a custom headset that will be spec'd on a few key bike brands that will hold your Hydro in place.

It is only on Montgomery/Semenuk/McCaul/Groves/Berrecloth's bikes right now but stepping into production soon so you can get one too. Costs and stuff to follow but regardless of what system you try and run, keep room on the steer tube for them, at least 1inch.
Greg

Posted: Mar 1, 2012 at 16:07 Quote
Straitline wrote:
Keep your eyes peeled on a release announcing our collaboration with Cane Creek. We got together and will release a custom headset that will be spec'd on a few key bike brands that will hold your Hydro in place.

It is only on Montgomery/Semenuk/McCaul/Groves/Berrecloth's bikes right now but stepping into production soon so you can get one too. Costs and stuff to follow but regardless of what system you try and run, keep room on the steer tube for them, at least 1inch.
Greg

quick question, are you able to run them on internal headset or standard

Posted: Mar 30, 2012 at 12:18 Quote
Straitline wrote:

Greg
Oh that should be cool! I will look for that and leave room!

Posted: Apr 13, 2012 at 17:01 Quote
Sorry guys, so hard to be everywhere at once, I never saw any of these.

Basically just think ahead, keep 1 inch plus a few mm's on the steertube. We are biting our tongues for a bit but we will launch a system with Cane Creek that will hold our Hydro onto the bike. Montgomery/ McCaul/Semenuk all have the systems but i'm not ready with the hydros for sale yet, so buying time until gen 3 comes out.

Most likely Jumpship June 22-24 we'll go live!
https://vimeo.com/37651559
Greg

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.013455
Mobile Version of Website