Powered by Outside

SANTA CRUZ RIDERS! This is our time to be heard!

PB Forum :: USA - West
SANTA CRUZ RIDERS! This is our time to be heard!
Previous Page | Next Page
O+
Posted: Jan 31, 2012 at 21:50 Quote
Hey everybody, recently rangers have been cracking down riders at UCSC. They are also about to start ticketing at Henry Cowell as well. I am going to start a petition in the next few days. We should contact our elected officials, and try to work something out. What is every bodies opinion on this? This is very important to me and we can make this happen! You can discuss your opinions about this subject here and I will continue working on this project throughout the next week.

Posted: Feb 1, 2012 at 11:40 Quote
RyanSimonovichVidZ wrote:
Hey everybody, recently rangers have been cracking down riders at UCSC. They are also about to start ticketing at Henry Cowell as well. I am going to start a petition in the next few days. We should contact our elected officials, and try to work something out. What is every bodies opinion on this? This is very important to me and we can make this happen! You can discuss your opinions about this subject here and I will continue working on this project throughout the next week.

You should work with Mountain Bikers of Santa Cruz on this. http://www.mbosc.org/about-us/contact/

Posted: Feb 1, 2012 at 16:07 Quote
not sure if there is much i can do besides dropping a signature, not too familiar with this kind of stuff- just in it for the ride but keep us updated if there is anything any of us can do. thanks

O+
Posted: Feb 1, 2012 at 21:17 Quote
I started a Facebook page if anyone is interested. I will be starting a petition soon. I will also be talking to some locals and organizations for support. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Legalize-Mountain-Biking-in-Santa-Cruz-County/315234258527343?sk=wall

FL
Posted: Feb 8, 2012 at 21:15 Quote
erik2k10 wrote:
Kinda of silly to crack down riders in the Upper Campus area when in the long term the school wants TO EXTEND THE CAMPUS in the same spot! I'm sure nature would rather have the bikers.

See the plan (pg65-66):
http://lrdp.ucsc.edu/Final2005lrdp/2005LRDP(LRDP).pdf

Seriously. For such a "pro nature" town it sure it crazy how many outdoor activities are either illegal or regulated. It's getting to the point where you can't ride anywhere in SC without being in a designated fenced in area or risking a fine.

It's just odd to me out anti-mtb SC is. That's probably why we have such ripper DJ riders coming out of the area. If you want to ride you better be able to step up to post office or the polo grounds... etc. Because you're not gonna get to ride single track.

FL
Posted: Feb 8, 2012 at 21:17 Quote

Keep us posted on how this is going or what I can do to help. They've been cutting back on places legal for us to ride for the last 20 years.

Guess it's more important to feel good about driving your prius around and having trails to walk on. Like there's not enough place to walk. Grrrrrrr.

Posted: Feb 12, 2012 at 18:47 Quote
Hit me up I'm down. I'm a huge mountain bike advocate and local. I'd be willing to help

Posted: Sep 8, 2012 at 13:43 Quote
Hey man great idea. Im down to help if you need it just let me know

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013000
Mobile Version of Website