Mud! Why?

Posted: Jan 15, 2008 at 11:47 Quote
At the beginning of the season I clean the bike very well with mild car soap and water. Then I apply a car polish (Nu-Finish) to the entire frame. When the bike gets muddy I wait for it to dry then use water to remove it as best as I can. I don't worry about the small nooks and cranys until the end of the season. As long as the frame looks decently clean I'm Smile if I must I can take the whole thing apart and clean it extra-well, but usually not.

Posted: Nov 14, 2008 at 13:10 Quote
just spray it off with a hose then soap it down then spray again then dry it off with a rag then lube it.

Posted: Nov 14, 2008 at 14:29 Quote
Whoa gravedigger!!!!

Posted: Nov 14, 2008 at 14:40 Quote
in the summer i threw my bike in my pool. probably wasn't the best thing for it... but i made sure to wash the chlorine off with the hose after.

my mom wasn't impressed, the pool was muddy for like 2 weeks lol .

Posted: Nov 14, 2008 at 14:50 Quote
just wondering, is it still bad on your crank and bb if u have sealed bearings?

Posted: Nov 14, 2008 at 15:01 Quote
what the easiest way to clean your tyres? im making a small street video sonn and it would look mint if they were clean lol

Posted: Nov 14, 2008 at 15:58 Quote
Nzide wrote:
what the easiest way to clean your tyres? im making a small street video sonn and it would look mint if they were clean lol

take them off the bike and give them a good spraying with the hose to get the muck off. see if your dad has like on of those Armor-All tire shiners, will make your tires look like new. or just buy one, can't see them being over $20.

Posted: Nov 15, 2008 at 1:06 Quote
dont have any money lol and if i do get money i would buy somethin else (new stem etc) Smile

Posted: Nov 15, 2008 at 6:00 Quote
Nzide wrote:
hair brush!!

Posted: Nov 15, 2008 at 6:43 Quote
KingHardTail wrote:
At the beginning of the season I clean the bike very well with mild car soap and water. Then I apply a car polish (Nu-Finish) to the entire frame. When the bike gets muddy I wait for it to dry then use water to remove it as best as I can. I don't worry about the small nooks and cranys until the end of the season. As long as the frame looks decently clean I'm Smile if I must I can take the whole thing apart and clean it extra-well, but usually not.
Same. It's a mountain bike, not a Ferrari. I try to keep the chain lubed, but other than that my bikes don't need too much attention. Up-side of living in a hot, dry environment I guess.

Posted: Nov 15, 2008 at 6:50 Quote
Nzide wrote:
Actually now that I think about, I know the answer to this question: Riding in snow. Ride it through snow, then once the snow packs onto the tires knock it off. My tire came so clean last year they looked brand new again, it was actually a little shocking.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015081
Mobile Version of Website