trek remedy 8 question

Posted: Feb 17, 2012 at 18:34 Quote
wendtland wrote:
with the new wheels
got em in
oooohhhh yeaaaaaaaa,..VERY nice !!! Jealous here!!! Ive been thinkin bout tryin a set of Cobalts lately since they are offering more color combos as of late. what'd you pay for them? did you get a hook up and would rather not say because ya work in a shop?

Posted: Feb 17, 2012 at 18:37 Quote
That looks really good man! Props to ya!

Posted: Feb 18, 2012 at 4:24 Quote
a dude cut me a break from the classifieds on pinkbike. they are the 2012 iodine 2s.

Posted: Mar 25, 2012 at 20:20 Quote
Great thread guys, I just got a decent deal on a brand new leftover 2011 Remedy 8 (well I hope it was a decent deal, I paid $2,399.00 from local shop)? In any case I spent the last few days since getting the bike researching exactly how I'd convert my current 135mm x 5mm setup to the 142mm x 12mm setup, this thread was a huge help! I didn't realize I'd need to get the hardware from Trek (I've been searching multiple online retailers with no luck)!

Just to be clear guys, there is no way to convert my current M525 Dusters to the 12mm Maxle right, I need to get the conversion hardware, 12mm Maxle, and a new rear-wheel or rear-hub with 142mm x 12mm correct? Thanks for your help and time guys and especially thanks for clearing this issue up for me!

Last but not least, although my DH buddies have been giving me crap for picking this bike up I am absolutely loving it! I've never had so much fun on a bike before!

Posted: Mar 30, 2012 at 16:44 Quote
you will need a new wheel for the 142x12 conversion.

Posted: Apr 1, 2012 at 20:29 Quote
Thanks for your help and time, greatly appreciated!

Posted: Apr 3, 2012 at 12:49 Quote
Will the conversion to 142 from 135 work on older models? I have a 2010 Remedy and am hoping to do the same thing...

Posted: Apr 3, 2012 at 13:43 Quote
I'm not 100% sure but after doing some quick research through Trek's archive their Remedy line has an "ABP Race" dropout setup which I don't think is capable of converting to the 142mm x 12mm standard. From what I understand only the "ABP Convert" dropout styple is capable of being converted (at least with off the shelf parts) to a Maxle or other style solid axle.

Posted: Jan 12, 2013 at 8:13 Quote
Thanks "singletracker", you saved me a bunch of time looking for this info!
"TerminusAvid" you bring up a good point but I'm not sure of the answer, does anybody know for sure about "ABP Race" conversion?

Posted: Jan 12, 2013 at 9:41 Quote
Anyone near dexter can tell you if they can convert from Race to another style. The hardware is supposed to be switchable.

Posted: Jan 12, 2013 at 10:01 Quote
Just checked the diagram and parts list on that model and it cannot be made 142x12. Like Terminus Avid stated it would have to be the ABP Convert stays to do it. My suggestion,.. score a later model swingarm assy. and do the conversion. My Rem 7 only came 135x10 but quickly converted to 142x12 and noticed rear stiffness and overall accuracy of the bike benefited. I also went with an RS Revelation RLT Ti 120-150/15mmQR. When I drop the front to 120 it climbs and carves more on the xc side than AM. Up at 150 the bike has the more slack and long geo that it was designed for. My regular home trails have some good degree of climbing with tight single track that demanded an more "all purpose" bike.

Posted: Jan 12, 2013 at 13:40 Quote
blueeyedbiker68 wrote:
Just checked the diagram and parts list on that model and it cannot be made 142x12. Like Terminus Avid stated it would have to be the ABP Convert stays to do it. My suggestion,.. score a later model swingarm assy. and do the conversion. My Rem 7 only came 135x10 but quickly converted to 142x12 and noticed rear stiffness and overall accuracy of the bike benefited. I also went with an RS Revelation RLT Ti 120-150/15mmQR. When I drop the front to 120 it climbs and carves more on the xc side than AM. Up at 150 the bike has the more slack and long geo that it was designed for. My regular home trails have some good degree of climbing with tight single track that demanded an more "all purpose" bike.

Does anyone know what year the rear swing arm was changed on the Remedy?
Mine is a 2011/2012 so I should be good if I want to do the conversion but my buddy has an 08 or 09.
Thanks

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024382
Mobile Version of Website