FVMBA All-Mtn Spring Race Series

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
FVMBA All-Mtn Spring Race Series
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Feb 6, 2012 at 19:39 Quote
FVMBA All Mountain Spring Series

We had a great season of racing last year. A lot of racers took in some inexpensive and fun low key racing. Over the five events we hosted, FVMBA learned what worked and what needed to be improved upon. We have also listened to the feed back from the racers, what they liked and wanted to see more of.

For 2012, Pinkbike.com and Avenue Body Shop are pleased to present the FVMBA All Mountain Spring Series.
FVMBA

This will be a point series again. Racers will collect overall series points in two XC races, two Super D races and one AM race. The XC races will be mass start events. The AM and Super D races will all be 1 min interval starts. Vedder will not have the 1.5km flat road travers. Riders with the skills and ability to handle what the Fraser Valley has to offer, will covet the FVMBA series trophies.
(last years trophies)

FVMBA

Day of registration entry fee at all the races will be $10/race. But we will be offering an early bird pre registration package from Feb 6th to Feb 19th through CCN.

Pre register here https://reg.ccnbikes.com/index.php/event/fvmba-all-mountain-spring-series

Every racer needs to have a Cycling BC license (UCI/Citezen/Club) and be a member of FVMBA. Both of these can also be purchased at http://www.ccnbikes.com Cycling BC licenses will not be sold on site.

Due to the venue restrictions and layout of our first race at Heritage Park in Mission, there will be a 125 rider cap. Pre registeration is strongly encouraged. Only the racers that race the first race and every other race will qualify for the Race Every Race category, as well as the One Bike to Rule them All category and the Overall Series Points. But this doesn't mean racer will be excluded from the rest of the series. All other venues will have unlimited entry. Again the rider cap is only because we are restricted to field size for the Heritage Park Venue.

Kintec will be offering some great incentives for everyone to keep coming out for the Race Every Race category. The top male and female winners in the Overall Points Series will win some great swag.

We have a sub category for the Race Every Race category. The One Bike to Rule them All category. Compete in every race on the same bike/wheels/fork and be entered in multiple draw prizes from Suspensionwerx, Suspension Therapy and Marx Conditioning.

Our sponsors were fantastic with their ample swag last year. This year is no different. Avenue Body Shop in Abbotsford will be presenting the $50 Crash Crash at each race as well as Podium Cash for the top five in the Male, Female and Junior categories. (min. 10 riders are need to field a category to be awarded top Podium Cash) There is $800 in cash to be divided up as Podium Cash for the Series. Pinkbike.com and SRAM will have a truck load of prizes along with the support from the Bear Mountain Challange and all the Valley's bike shops. Lifecyles, Wentings, Velocity, Cranky's and Pedal Sport.

All the prizes that these sponsors have donated will be awarded as draw prizes. So you dont have to be XC racer boy or a DH king to go home with swag. All you have to do is show your support for FVMBA, ride some killer trails, have FUN and you have a chance to win some cool stuff.

Visit http://www.fvmba.com for info on what we have been doing and for more on our All Mountain Spring Series.

Posted: Feb 6, 2012 at 20:58 Quote
Already signed up..... Pumped for this!!!

O+
Posted: Feb 7, 2012 at 21:14 Quote
any chance of getting the routes or trails names for each race. thanks

O+
Posted: Feb 7, 2012 at 21:50 Quote
I believe last year we posted a map a week or 2 before each race. I'm sure it'll be the same this year.

O+
Posted: Feb 7, 2012 at 23:54 Quote
The first race will be the same route at Heritage as last year.

Posted: Feb 8, 2012 at 8:45 Quote
Another great FVMBA event!!
Tuesday FEB 14th come on out to Abbotsford Agrifair Arena.
To show your support to the 4X racers and cheer them on.
This is the finals of the FVMBA 6 race series.
From our youngest racer 10 year old, Chillwacks Meaghan Carmicheal.
To Lady World Cup racer Commencials Micayla Gatto .
Good sportmanship and cheering crowds,come join in.

Anyone not wanting to race our spring series ,big Karma points for volunteering for it.
Gary

O+
Posted: Feb 8, 2012 at 14:52 Quote
Here is a little recap video from last years race's.

Views: 365    Faves: 1    Comments: 0

O+
Posted: Feb 9, 2012 at 15:56 Quote
dokk wrote:
I believe last year we posted a map a week or 2 before each race. I'm sure it'll be the same this year.

Thats cool but i dont know last years routes as i didnt race them.

O+
Posted: Feb 9, 2012 at 18:54 Quote
EyeofOneClothing wrote:
dokk wrote:

Thats cool but i dont know last years routes as i didnt race them.

Map is on the way. Our website guru is just putting the finishing touches on it. The Heritage and Bear maps should go up on Monday.

Posted: Feb 9, 2012 at 19:29 Quote
http://connect.garmin.com/player/67710349

It took a bit of digging on th FVMBA site but all the race maps from last year or there. All the courses will be the same except for Sumas. We will be releasing the maps 2 weeks prior to each event.

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2012 at 18:32 Quote
FVMBA trail gnomes are hard at work on the first race course of the season...Heritage Park.

Anybody remember the bike-swallowing mud pit of death last year at the intersection of Corrie's Corners and Gondola?
photo

It's been replaced with this:
photo

Here you can see the original line on the right and the new bridge and reroute to the left:
photo

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2012 at 19:31 Quote
Nice work Trail Crew!

O+
Posted: Feb 12, 2012 at 19:25 Quote
Here's our official Course Map for Heritage Park. Use in cojuction with the hand drawn map for pre ride refference.

FVMBA is proud to be partnering with Wentings (http://www.wentings.com) for the second year in a row for this course. Either for road or mountian, Wentings has always supported every aspect of cycling at the grassroots level. Dedicated shops like Wentings are the type of local shops that invest a lot of time, money and support to keep cycling & racing going in their community. If you're out pre riding next week or after the race on Feb 26th, stop in to say hi to Bruce, Bart & the guys and see what they have on the shop floor. Trek, Scott, Devinci, Brodie, BMC and Colnaglo are all represented.

Feb 26th - Race #1 Heritage Park XC, Mission - Mass Start

Registration is from 8am to 9:45am. Racing promply starts at 10am!

Heritage Park was chosen first and foremost because of the abundance of technical single track that's in that area. Apart from a .5km gravel pathway that will be used to separate the racers, this 12km race course is pretty much made up entirely of single track. Its a figure eight loop that uses a portion of the same climb for both laps but different descents will bring you back to the start/finish area. The trails are continuously moving, up and down. Twisting and turning. Technical bike handling will be a stronger asset for this race
Heritage Race Map

Course markings were tampered with last year. To avoid confusion and improper signage pointing riders in the wrong direction, the race course wont be officially marked till the day before the race.

For pre ride refference, print off the hand drawn map. Offical route is: Out and back on gravel path, then into Salamander. Right onto Glenn's loop and left up to Gondola at the "Y" intersection. After you climb Gondola for the first lap, take a right down Jacobs Ladder and follow this windy single track descent till you reach Salamander again. This time you will head back along Salamander to the start finish area. For your second lap, you will begin your ascent back up to Gondola from the bottom. At the top you will finish off your second lap with a rip down Cory's Corners and a quick dash along Salamander again in to the Finish Line.
Heritage Race Map

Posted: Feb 13, 2012 at 17:45 Quote
Just to clarify. The first race, Heritage Park, will be on Feb 26th. Registration is from 8am to 9:45. Racing starts promply at 10am!
A little confusion but Feb 6th was our date when Pre Registration opened.

Posted: Feb 13, 2012 at 22:30 Quote
So being a downhill racer I am still not super used to the idea of spending hours climbing in a race. Can anyone give me an idea of the typical amount of time each of these races would take? Im still trying to decide if this is something I want to travel to the mainland for. Thanks!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016984
Mobile Version of Website