How to Download High Resolution Photos from Pinkbike

PB Forum :: Tutorials
How to Download High Resolution Photos from Pinkbike
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 7, 2012 at 19:01 Quote
How many times have you been looking at the POD and thought "damn, that would make a sick wallpaper", but even the highest resolution version available still looks stretched and pixelated on your 1080p widescreen monitor? Well, I am going to share a little trick for downloading high resolution photos off Pinkbike. Perfect for desktop wallpapers!

Whenever a photographer uploads a picture to Pinkbike, it is scaled down and then displayed on the site, but the original is still stored on the Pinkbike servers. To download the photo, all we have to do is make a URL that will take us to the high resolution photo.

Steps are as follows:

1. Choose a photo to download. (Must be an image with the # 1000000 or greater)
2. Type "lp1.pinkbike.org/p0pb" into your browsers URL bar followed by the photo # you wish to download, then "/", then the # again, and finally ".jpg"
3. Press enter and the photo should either load, or a message should pop up allowing you to download it.

To give you an example, your URL should look something like this: "lp1.pinkbike.org/p0pb(image #)/(image #).jpg"

A few things to keep in mind:
- This only works on images after 1000000. (Before this the original version was stored elsewhere)
- Not all photos have a high resolution versions available. Some photographers don't upload super high resolution version for various reasons.

If you have a Mac, I have automated this process, as well as added a few extra features with a dashboard widget I developed for Mac 10.4 or later.

Salute

Posted: Feb 7, 2012 at 19:27 Quote
If you guys want to give this trick a try, give it a go on this old POD. Using this hack you are able to download the full resolution of 3355 × 2224!

Many of the other previous PODs have similar resolutions.

Posted: Jan 1, 2013 at 20:40 Quote
This doesnt work anymore man :/ or ive done it wrong not too sure

Posted: Jan 1, 2013 at 21:04 Quote
Yeah, Pinkbike has changed it's URL structure recently, so this will no longer work.

Posted: Jan 1, 2013 at 21:08 Quote
blendo wrote:
Yeah, Pinkbike has changed it's URL structure recently, so this will no longer work.

Is there any other way of downloading high res pics off here then

O+
Posted: Aug 5, 2013 at 8:24 Quote
@kingstar101
Old thread, but yes there is an other way!

Posted: Aug 5, 2013 at 12:51 Quote
R0N1N wrote:
@kingstar101
Old thread, but yes there is an other way!

do tell then?

O+
Posted: Aug 13, 2013 at 10:09 Quote
It's very easy:

Paste the URL of the picture in your browser. It should look something like this:
ep1.pinkbike.org/p4pb9999999/p4pb9999999.jpg
Now edit this part:
ep1.pinkbike.org/p -->4-- pb9999999/p4pb9999999.jpg
The 4 into a 0!
ep1.pinkbike.org/p0pb9999999/p4pb9999999.jpg
Hit enter and your download will start...

Posted: Dec 16, 2013 at 17:37 Quote
Is there anyway that still works cause there are some amazing pictures i really want as a wallpaper?

Posted: Dec 17, 2013 at 2:14 Quote
mtbdude987 wrote:
Is ther anyway that still works cause there are some amazing pictures i really want as a wallpaper?

Right click the image and copy image url. Then paste it in the url bar and change the number after the first p to a 0 and click. enter. It should start download

Posted: Dec 18, 2013 at 18:08 Quote
sorry that didn't work and if i did i wouldn't be in original resolution anyways

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.082165
Mobile Version of Website