How to Download High Resolution Photos from Pinkbike

PB Forum :: Tutorials
How to Download High Resolution Photos from Pinkbike
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 19, 2013 at 10:23 Quote
mtbdude987 wrote:
sorry that didn't work and if i did i wouldn't be in original resolution anyways

it has worked for me and it is in the original resolution of the image.

Posted: Dec 19, 2013 at 12:47 Quote
If you like the pictures so much you can always ask the photographer for the original..

Posted: Dec 19, 2013 at 16:00 Quote
CraigLittle wrote:
mtbdude987 wrote:
sorry that didn't work and if i did i wouldn't be in original resolution anyways

well can you give me an example cause i tried everything and couldn't get it to work.

Posted: Dec 21, 2013 at 6:48 Quote
mtbdude987 wrote:
CraigLittle wrote:
mtbdude987 wrote:

well can you give me an example cause i tried everything and couldn't get it to work.

This is one of my images https://ep1.pinkbike.org/p4pb10224740/p4pb10224740.jpg and if i change it to https://ep1.pinkbike.org/p0pb10224740/p0pb10224740.jpg it will download it.

Posted: Dec 24, 2013 at 10:45 Quote
got it, perfect thank you.

Posted: Aug 4, 2014 at 14:17 Quote
Just a quick mid-year bump, works fine for me as CraigLittle outlined in his last post.

Thanks-

O+
Posted: Oct 18, 2014 at 22:45 Quote
This is awesome! Cheers to whoever found this out. If you don't mind me asking, how on earth did you discover that this worked? tup Salute

Posted: Feb 9, 2015 at 10:26 Quote
Sorry for the thread revival but I thought this might be of use to others.

I got tired of copying and pasting all this stuff in the URL to download pictures, so I made a simple bookmarklet to do it for me. All I do now is navigate to the picture I want to download and click the bookmarklet from my bookmarks bar.

To make the bookmarklet yourself, just make a bookmark and set the following as the URL:

javascriptFrown function () { var photoNum=window.location.pathname.split('/')[2];var url='https://ep1.pinkbike.org/p0pb'+photoNum +'/' +photoNum +'.jpg';window.open(url, '_blank'); } ())

Posted: Dec 27, 2015 at 6:23 Quote
blendo wrote:
Yeah, Pinkbike has changed it's URL structure recently, so this will no longer work.

it works y'all Smile

Posted: Sep 11, 2020 at 14:50 Quote
Still good in 2020 - about time something worked!

O+
Posted: Sep 2, 2022 at 6:18 Quote
blendo wrote:
How many times have you been looking at the POD and thought "damn, that would make a sick wallpaper", but even the highest resolution version available still looks stretched and pixelated on your 1080p widescreen monitor? Well, I am going to share a little trick for downloading high resolution photos off Pinkbike. Perfect for desktop wallpapers!

Whenever a photographer uploads a picture to Pinkbike, it is scaled down and then displayed on the site, but the original is still stored on the Pinkbike servers. To download the photo, all we have to do is make a URL that will take us to the high resolution photo.

Steps are as follows:

1. Choose a photo to download. (Must be an image with the # 1000000 or greater)
2. Type "lp1.pinkbike.org/p0pb" into your browsers URL bar followed by the photo # you wish to download, then "/", then the # again, and finally ".jpg"
3. Press enter and the photo should either load, or a message should pop up allowing you to download it.

To give you an example, your URL should look something like this: "lp1.pinkbike.org/p0pb(image #)/(image #).jpg"

A few things to keep in mind:
- This only works on images after 1000000. (Before this the original version was stored elsewhere)
- Not all photos have a high resolution versions available. Some photographers don't upload super high resolution version for various reasons.

If you have a Mac, I have automated this process, as well as added a few extra features with a dashboard widget I developed for Mac 10.4 or later.

Salute

FL
Posted: Jun 26, 2023 at 4:55 Quote
Been wanting to have this for years. And it was available here all the time =). Took me until 2023 to find it though. Thanks a lot.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017334
Mobile Version of Website