PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
22 inch wheels?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 8, 2012 at 16:49 Quote
Y'all seen this thing?

photo

photo

photo

S&M prototype. They had the rims made custom. They have tires Fit and Revenge tires coming soon. sh1t just got real!

I threw slam bars and a redneck stem on it. Thing is SICK!

Posted: Feb 9, 2012 at 12:19 Quote
Rad.

btw, for anyone interested, for more info on 22"s check out this thread:
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/f61/22-inches-love-feels-just-right-237841

22" tires, rims, and tubes:
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh138/upsetbmx/Velocity22rimsandtires--FOUR.jpg

Posted: Oct 30, 2012 at 22:04 Quote
Anyone on the left coast know where to get one? I totally want one!

Posted: Oct 31, 2012 at 9:11 Quote
best bet is searching USA's craigslist in different cities . A few of those S&M's will show up once in a while . I got one for a friend of mine after he rode my 24 and died to get a 22" because he has heard soo mny great things about them. He rides the trails with it all the time .

Posted: Oct 31, 2012 at 14:51 Quote
Shiny wrote:

They're on eBay right now. Just search for S&M Holmes 22 kit.

Posted: Oct 31, 2012 at 15:09 Quote
cmc4130 wrote:
Shiny wrote:

They're on eBay right now. Just search for S&M Holmes 22 kit.
Really Smile I was told they could rock 24" too is this true ? I wanted to put my wheels on my friends but I have not seen him since I got the 24"

Posted: Oct 31, 2012 at 16:08 Quote
i really can't convince myself there's a place on the market for these to really kick off though. 24" bmx has been around god knows how long, and 24" mtb geo is getting tighter and tighter. even some 26"'s feel like a bmx.... i love the idea, and i'd love to own an s&m again.... i just think it would make more sense for them to put more effort and thought into 24" bmx?

Posted: Oct 31, 2012 at 16:13 Quote
i did think about getting a custom 24" dirt bike for a bit.... you can change all the geo on them so that would feel a treat if you get it really tight i reckon

Posted: Oct 31, 2012 at 18:22 Quote
the only nightmare I see is if rims or tires are needed good luck. Its hard enough finding 26 and 24 proper wheels.

Posted: Oct 31, 2012 at 18:27 Quote
grumpysteve wrote:
i really can't convince myself there's a place on the market for these to really kick off though. 24" bmx has been around god knows how long, and 24" mtb geo is getting tighter and tighter. even some 26"'s feel like a bmx.... i love the idea, and i'd love to own an s&m again.... i just think it would make more sense for them to put more effort and thought into 24" bmx?

I still like 24" Bmx and love my DJ 26". What 22" does for me though is replace 20"s. After I got a 22" I simply did not want to ride 20" again. It's not a drastic difference, just enough to where you just go wow, this feels right! Kind of like if you had always ridden a 19"tt twenty and then someone let you ride their 21"tt twenty. It just fits better and you're not going back. !! That's just my opinion and I don't expect everyone else to agree--as long as theres an option for the people that want it, I think it's rad.

Posted: Oct 31, 2012 at 18:28 Quote
Caezar wrote:
the only nightmare I see is if rims or tires are needed good luck. Its hard enough finding 26 and 24 proper wheels.

S&M / Revenge sells rims and tires. And rumor is theyre coming out with a new tire as well. Faction also (supposedly) has a new tire about to come out.

Posted: Nov 1, 2012 at 1:13 Quote
Its a bit of a steep price to buy without trying it first. I wish I could have a go on one though.

Posted: Nov 1, 2012 at 7:00 Quote
I love the concept though. I feel like there are going to be a few older guys from the bmx scene that would be interested in this.

Posted: Nov 1, 2012 at 8:06 Quote
There are tons . Just the industry didn't think it was worth the investment . It may still catch on though .

The mtbmx seen took a long time to get popular but its now mane stream. 24 bmx is also really popular but the biggest complaint is the wheel hits your ass when pulling tricks .

24 and 26 mtb guys deal and know how to avoid. BMX guys looking for a bigger bike have issues but the 22" is perfect

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013761
Mobile Version of Website