Stumpjumper Evo as do it all bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Stumpjumper Evo as do it all bike
Posted: Oct 18, 2016 at 9:43 Quote
giantstp1 wrote:
.So I'm about to a buy either a 2017 stumpjumper 27.5 or enduro 27.5. I'm leaning a bit more towards the stumpjumper because the enduro might be a bit overkill for most of my trails at 170/170mm. I was looking at the frame only option for the stumpjumper and do a build with it, maybe 160mm front fork? Would a 160mm fork void the frame warranty since it comes stock with a 150mm fork? Let me know your opinions on these two bikes. Still haven't ruled out the enduro just yet. I'm choicing specialized to support my shop and getting a real good deal

afaik specialized is cool (read: frame guarantee not void) with an increase of fork travel of up to 10%

Posted: Oct 21, 2016 at 15:55 Quote
The 160 fork on a stumpy would be perfectly fine. Also, are you set on a 2017 for a frame up build? You can get a 2016 frame for considerably less right now as long as your size is still available at specialized.

Posted: Oct 22, 2016 at 8:08 Quote
Just got my bike back with a new Topaz/Bike yoke conversion. Any recommendations to setup the shock?

Posted: Nov 4, 2016 at 15:01 Quote
@steveperry no experience with the topaz unfortunately, looking very good though!

Just posting an update to mine:

Rock Shox Lyrik RC2DH
Rock Shox Monarch+ RCT3
Drivetrain sram X0 (except front derailleur)
Shimano Saint Brakes 203/180
Pacenti DL28 rims (23mm inner width) on switch evo hubs 1700g
Maxxis Minion 42a 2.5 up front, 60a 2.5 in the rear
45 stem Superstar Components
Truvativ Boobar 780/30

Newest addition are Saint brakes and the cockpittoo which sort of completes my project. Thinking of selling it and maybe switching to an Enduro..

Posted: Nov 7, 2016 at 13:36 Quote
donch15 wrote:
I just put a 150mm Pike with the 51mm offset on mine. Rides amazingly, but you're going to want to upgrade your shock to a monarch plus to match the performance of the Pike once you ride it.
Stumpjumper Evo 29

Hey, this is my first post - this is a great forum with lots of good stuff!

I got interested by the above upgrade - I'm thinking similarly about my 2014 Stumpy FSR Comp 29: either upgrading it or getting entirely new bike with slacker head angle (such as Enduro 29 for instance). The upgrades to fork/shock as in the pic make a lot of sense - definitely an improvement to the suspension.

But what about geometry? Will head angle get slacker considerably? Right now I got 69deg, I wish for at least 1deg slacker... What about seat angle? It will probably get slacker too, pushing me a bit to the back which would affect climbing position.. I know that fork will get longer so theoretically both angles should change, but I don't know how to calculate it even approximately, esp. that a different shock would be installed as well..

Other than that - would you go for that upgrade or rather sell the bike and get a new one?

Cheers!

Posted: Nov 10, 2016 at 4:30 Quote
i saw one for sale in buy and sell the carbon frame was price at 1500 euro for 2015 model.. is it worth it?

Posted: Nov 16, 2016 at 9:26 Quote
My Stumpy coming along quite well. I've been riding it for a while and just can't bring myself to terms to sell it.

2012 Stumpjumper Evo FSR

2012 Stumpy Evo

Posted: Dec 11, 2016 at 7:03 Quote
Hey guys

My 2012 stumpjumper came with that standard pf30 crankset that I now want to swap out. I really like the 1x11 SLX from shimano though. It's very affordable and looks great! It uses a different spindle diameter of 24mm. I want to mount a bottom bracket from hope that fits my frame, but has an internal diameter of 24mm.

Has anyone done this before? The hope bottom bracket would have a total width of 96.5mm. Will the shimano crank fit?

Thanks!

Posted: Dec 12, 2016 at 4:11 Quote
ArneDeVylder wrote:
Hey guys

My 2012 stumpjumper came with that standard pf30 crankset that I now want to swap out. I really like the 1x11 SLX from shimano though. It's very affordable and looks great! It uses a different spindle diameter of 24mm. I want to mount a bottom bracket from hope that fits my frame, but has an internal diameter of 24mm.

Has anyone done this before? The hope bottom bracket would have a total width of 96.5mm. Will the shimano crank fit?

Thanks!

I have xt in 2013 which is same. Wheels manufacturing do an outboard bb which will directly convert to fit shimano. I have it. Very ckean solution.

Posted: Dec 12, 2016 at 6:22 Quote
Has anybody made the transition from a stumpjumper evo 26 to capra?
Impressions on pedal and descents?

Posted: Dec 12, 2016 at 7:25 Quote
Thanks for your reply!
I am mainly concerned about that 96.5mm because that's a dimension that is nowhere to be found at shimano. What is the total with of your bb? Or what is the axle length of the shimano cranks?

Thanks!

EpicStormer wrote:
ArneDeVylder wrote:
Hey guys

Thanks!

I have xt in 2013 which is same. Wheels manufacturing do an outboard bb which will directly convert to fit shimano. I have it. Very ckean solution.

Posted: Dec 12, 2016 at 9:02 Quote
Hope do a Press Fit bottom bracket that fits directly in to the Stumpy frame and takes Shimano 24mm cranks. There is absolutely no need for adaptors or any messing. The Hope BB is a bit pricey but it's fit and forget. I had one in mine for 12 months and when I sold the frame the bearings were spinning like they were new.

All the info you need is on this chart

http://www.hopetech.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/BB-Selection-Table_Iss-5_09-2015.pdf

ArneDeVylder wrote:
Thanks for your reply!
I am mainly concerned about that 96.5mm because that's a dimension that is nowhere to be found at shimano. What is the total with of your bb? Or what is the axle length of the shimano cranks?

Thanks!

EpicStormer wrote:
ArneDeVylder wrote:
Hey guys

Thanks!

Posted: Dec 14, 2016 at 2:49 Quote
ArneDeVylder wrote:
Thanks for your reply!

Thanks!

EpicStormer wrote:
ArneDeVylder wrote:
Hey guys

Thanks!

I don't know the measurement but it is straight fit and forget. This is the one i have http://wheelsmfg.com/bottom-brackets/pf30-outboard/pf30-outboard-bottom-brackets/pressfit-30-to-outboard-bottom-bracket-for-24mm-cranks-shimano-w-angular-contact-bearings-black.html
I have faith in both Hope and Wheels mfc. Im sure either will serve you well. Check my photos on my profile you'll see my bike dripping with Hope and recently wearing the xt crank. Cant see the bb but it's in there and working fine. Either will do the trick.

Posted: Feb 16, 2017 at 4:27 Quote
Hi guys,
I am thinking about building up a 2013 Stumpjumper FSR Expert Evo 29 frame. I am 16 and about 185cm tall. The frame I am interested in is an XL. I currently ride a 29er Jamis Durango xc bike that is a 21 inch frame size, same as the XL Stumpy. The bike fits me well after I put a shorter stem on it as it is quite long. Do you think the Stumpy will fit me with a short stem? Do you have any recommendations for the build? The budget would be around 2200 Euros. If you have any parts that could fit the build, please feel free to send me a message!????????

Posted: Feb 17, 2017 at 2:23 Quote
nikoxc1058 wrote:
If you have any parts that could fit the build, please feel free to send me a message!????????

Pike
Monarch plus
4-piston brakes (Guide, Zee, Hope)
dropper post
wheels with wide rims (30ish internal width) (look up Superstar Components, 500USD should buy you a decent one around 1900 grams)

add a decent drivetrain (XT or GX) and things like stem/bar/pedals/whatnot and you've got your budget spent, hope i didn't miss anything important

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.029217
Mobile Version of Website