Stumpjumper Evo as do it all bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Stumpjumper Evo as do it all bike
Posted: Feb 22, 2017 at 10:03 Quote
EpicStormer wrote:
I don't know the measurement but it is straight fit and forget. This is the one i have http://wheelsmfg.com/bottom-brackets/pf30-outboard/pf30-outboard-bottom-brackets/pressfit-30-to-outboard-bottom-bracket-for-24mm-cranks-shimano-w-angular-contact-bearings-black.html
I have faith in both Hope and Wheels mfc. Im sure either will serve you well. Check my photos on my profile you'll see my bike dripping with Hope and recently wearing the xt crank. Cant see the bb but it's in there and working fine. Either will do the trick.

Yup I have the same BB in both my Enduro 29 Expert and SJ Evo 29 Expert and it's fantastic. Much better solution than PF. All you have to do is slide both cups in, thread them together, set the seals over the bearings, thread the included spacers on the crank spindle, then install the crank.

Posted: Feb 26, 2017 at 15:18 Quote
djdrail wrote:

EVO-er

10mm crown race installed... also swapped out the air shaft on my Pike 150mm... now at 160mm.

Totally different bike now. Minimal sacrifice in climbing for a huge gain on the descents... slacker HA really makes this bike feel like my old 2006 Enduro, but it weighs 7lbs less. BB also sits a hair higher but the bike still rails in the corners and feels planted on the trail... no BB knocks or pedal strikes on my local trails today which is a big improvement over my old bike. This thing is perfect now... nothing left to do but ride it...

Whip

djdrail wrote:
10mm Headset Race
Specialized Part Number: #S152500001 (Canadian Part No.)
$12 CAD

The 10mm spacer/race should fit 26 inch Stumpy EVOs from 2012 to 2014 and provide an additional 1/2 degree HA. Throwing in a 160mm fork for the additional 1/2 degree will slacken my 2014 out to 66 degrees.

I ordered mine today... will report back here later...

GoRideYoBike wrote:

You can use the spacer that comes on the new Stumpjumper Evo 650B. It is meant to raise the front end and slacken the HA since they used the 29er front triangle on the 650b bike.

Your local specialized dealer should be able to order one up for you.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://brimages.bikeboardmedia.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Specialized-Stumpjumper-650B-Headset-CrownRace-Spacer.jpg

What website did you order the crown race spacer from? The only one I can find charges 25$ for shipping. Do you have the link for it?

Posted: Apr 3, 2017 at 15:33 Quote
Geo325ti wrote:
Has anybody made the transition from a stumpjumper evo 26 to capra?
Impressions on pedal and descents?

Yep. Totally different bikes. SJ evo is a rapid trail bike. Capra is a DH beast, slower up, waaay faster down as long as it's steep/rough.

Posted: Apr 5, 2017 at 1:30 Quote
TallTomT wrote:
Geo325ti wrote:

Yep. Totally different bikes. SJ evo is a rapid trail bike. Capra is a DH beast, slower up, waaay faster down as long as it's steep/rough.
Yeah,after 3,5 months of riding Capra,i have the exact same thoughts.

So here are the main differences that i have found on these 2 bikes.
Capra has trained my legs to get stronger and having the same/better pedaling power uphill (but it is a pain in the ass going up with this bike) and its the definition of straight line on downhill,it will go over everything...But with all this,i feel that i am loosing the sense of fun and playfulness on trails that i've learned and loved with Stumpi

Maybe an aggressive trail bike such as new Stumpy,Jeffsy or Bronson would be better for my kind of riding,or i should buy also a trail bike,because the other is a true beast...pfff,confused :p

Posted: Apr 6, 2017 at 2:09 Quote
Geo325ti wrote:
TallTomT wrote:
Geo325ti wrote:

Yeah,after 3,5 months of riding Capra,i have the exact same thoughts.

So here are the main differences that i have found on these 2 bikes.
Capra has trained my legs to get stronger and having the same/better pedaling power uphill (but it is a pain in the ass going up with this bike) and its the definition of straight line on downhill,it will go over everything...But with all this,i feel that i am loosing the sense of fun and playfulness on trails that i've learned and loved with Stumpi

Maybe an aggressive trail bike such as new Stumpy,Jeffsy or Bronson would be better for my kind of riding,or i should buy also a trail bike,because the other is a true beast...pfff,confused :p

Yeah, the Jeffsy is basically a stumpy, geometrywise and it's a great thing. I did in fact sell my evo for one, can let you know how they compare as soon as i get mine..

Posted: May 14, 2017 at 3:35 Quote
Does anyone know what the geo would be on a stumpy comp evo 2013 29 with the 26 evo link? also does anyone have one of these I could buy because I'm assuming specialized doesn't have any anymore

Posted: Aug 29, 2017 at 14:23 Quote
Long shot...but here goes

2012 26" Stumpy EVO.

Looking at a DVO Topaz with clevis, which is a 48mm stroke shock vs 51 for the EVO.

Anyone know how much travel i would be losing by using a shorter stroke shock?

Posted: Aug 29, 2017 at 21:01 Quote
panaphonic wrote:
8.8mm

thank you

Posted: Aug 30, 2017 at 8:35 Quote
Full Carbon Mountain Bike made by PSYBIE.
How about this bike?

Posted: Sep 1, 2017 at 19:39 Quote
I have a 2014 stumpjumper evo expert and it has made me a much better rider than I was before I purchased this bike. I would suggest that you fork out the dough and get on that puppy!

Posted: Sep 2, 2017 at 11:34 Quote
Who's stumpy evo 29 size L handles like a barge?

Posted: Nov 25, 2017 at 10:49 Quote
greglikesspecialized wrote:
Who's stumpy evo 29 size L handles like a barge?
I am 5' 9 1/2" and I ride an extra large and I think it handles quite well. It can be a bit slow in corners, but if you corner really aggressively it's not really bad. To be quite frankly honest sometimes my stumpy feels a bit twitchy in wide corners because of how steep it is

Posted: Dec 13, 2017 at 13:31 Quote
SOS i need the bearing sizes for a 2014 stumpjumper comp front and rear wheels, I even called specialized and they wouldn't give me the sizing as they don't consider these hubs to be rebuildable
-freeflite bikes in atlanta georgia

Posted: Dec 13, 2017 at 14:09 Quote
The-mnt-life365 wrote:
SOS i need the bearing sizes for a 2014 stumpjumper comp front and rear wheels, I even called specialized and they wouldn't give me the sizing as they don't consider these hubs to be rebuildable
-freeflite bikes in atlanta georgia

I was unable to determine with a search whether or not the comp wheelset uses the rebadged DT swiss 240s, but that's all i've seen in the 2013-2016 range wheelsets - the rear is a rebadged DT 240s (same bearings and axles), and the front is a Specialized-specific design that does not appear to be serviceable (at least not intentionally).

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023474
Mobile Version of Website