Stumpjumper Evo as do it all bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Stumpjumper Evo as do it all bike
Posted: Mar 9, 2012 at 23:33 Quote
I will chime in as I just got done sadly posting my evo frame for sale...but this is/was one of the most fun and responsive bikes I have ever ridden. I got it as a "fun" trail/xc bike and it lived up to it in every way. I've switched back to riding my bigger bikes now,but would recommend the evo for anyone looking to earn the climbs and hold fast coming down. Flowy singletrack opend up is where I had the most fun.

Posted: Apr 1, 2012 at 9:27 Quote
Just ordered the exact same bike you have, should be here Tuesday! I'm very excited! Big Grin

Posted: Apr 2, 2012 at 14:40 Quote
Niceee bike man!,

I have a stumpy 2010 expert... i did exactly the same thing.. Answer pro tapers DH and a shorter 60mm stem, and i swapped the talas for a float, so much more plushh! so nicee!!

Have u been enjoying it?

O+
Posted: Apr 2, 2012 at 14:46 Quote
New stumpjumper fsr evo carbon

Just got mine and love it so far specialized have listened and the spec is pretty much what i want out the box which i cant say for any other bikes.

O+
Posted: Apr 2, 2012 at 14:51 Quote
^ Beautiful, beautiful bike. I love my 2011 and the 2012 is even better. I can't begin to imagine how rad the carbon version is...

Posted: Apr 2, 2012 at 15:39 Quote
freddy-b wrote:
Niceee bike man!,

I have a stumpy 2010 expert... i did exactly the same thing.. Answer pro tapers DH and a shorter 60mm stem, and i swapped the talas for a float, so much more plushh! so nicee!!

Have u been enjoying it?
Yeah I love it. Been riding it everywhere and it just handles everything great. Thinking about putting a 36 talas on it. Would rather have the float but unfortunately it only comes in white which will look bad.

Posted: Apr 2, 2012 at 16:02 Quote
derekdirtrider wrote:
freddy-b wrote:
Niceee bike man!,

Have u been enjoying it?
Yeah I love it. Been riding it everywhere and it just handles everything great. Thinking about putting a 36 talas on it. Would rather have the float but unfortunately it only comes in white which will look bad.

who cares about looks? hehe...

a talas is better on the climbs.. but it doesn't have as much plush... are u thinking about a 160mm 36?

Posted: Apr 2, 2012 at 17:10 Quote
freddy-b wrote:
derekdirtrider wrote:
freddy-b wrote:
Niceee bike man!,

Have u been enjoying it?

who cares about looks? hehe...

a talas is better on the climbs.. but it doesn't have as much plush... are u thinking about a 160mm 36?
I gotta have my stuff matching, and yeah the 160mm 36

Posted: Apr 2, 2012 at 19:00 Quote
how does the comp 2012 do on Jumps and drops?

Can this be a light park bike?

Posted: Apr 2, 2012 at 19:05 Quote
I haven't really done too many jumps and only a couple small (3ft max) drops. But it seems burly enough and I haven't bottomed it out yet. I'm pretty light though (145 lbs)

Posted: Apr 5, 2012 at 13:49 Quote
Damn! Love that bike, was lookin at one of these for trail duties as I already have a 250, couldn't stump up enough cash to buy the evo so I am building up a bandit with a 150mm fork but after seeing those pics I'm wondering if I should have held out for the evo!

Posted: Apr 5, 2012 at 14:39 Quote
Picked up my evo on Tuesday and going to take it to Woburn tomorrow for its first ride, cant wait!
Going to need to change the stem I think tho as I got it in XL it came with quite a long stem Frown

Posted: Apr 6, 2012 at 16:10 Quote
derekdirtrider wrote:
I haven't really done too many jumps and only a couple small (3ft max) drops. But it seems burly enough and I haven't bottomed it out yet. I'm pretty light though (145 lbs)

U havent bottomed out yet :O u must run the rear on rly high psi... its an amazing bike, no doubt about that!

How would you compare it to the giant reign? do u think its better ?

Posted: Apr 6, 2012 at 19:28 Quote
freddy-b wrote:
derekdirtrider wrote:

U havent bottomed out yet :O u must run the rear on rly high psi... its an amazing bike, no doubt about that!

The reign is my buddy's I'm helping him sell so I can't comment on how that rides. I just have the rear shock auto sagged and the fork is on the recommended settings. I got a 36 160 talas on the way though. Pretty stoked for that.

Posted: Apr 7, 2012 at 15:57 Quote
derekdirtrider wrote:
freddy-b wrote:
derekdirtrider wrote:

The reign is my buddy's I'm helping him sell so I can't comment on how that rides. I just have the rear shock auto sagged and the fork is on the recommended settings. I got a 36 160 talas on the way though. Pretty stoked for that.

niceeee! u are gonna have a hell of a beast bike to ride on!!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.028811
Mobile Version of Website