Orange Patriot owners club

PB Forum :: Other
Orange Patriot owners club
| Next Page
Posted: Oct 21, 2017 at 1:06 Quote
ianevans1983 wrote:
Moorey wrote:
Hey all just purchased, yet to collect my 7th orange, but only 2nd patriot. It's a 7+, just having trouble identifying the year. 03 or 04? Reckon there should be graphics on swingarm to help, but sadly not.
Any thoughts?
Cheers in advance.
I owned a 2003 patriot 7+ and it had a silver swing arm but the same rear shock. on the bb the year is normally stamped before the frame number
Yeah, cheers. Haven't eyeballed it yet, and won't see it for a few months. Will know for sure when I check BB.

Posted: Nov 29, 2017 at 13:50 Quote
Hi can anyone help and tell me the steerer length for a large size 07 patriot cheers.

Posted: Mar 14, 2018 at 3:29 Quote

Currently building this bad boy, was going to sell but decided not to. Anyone know for any Totems or what the max travel front wise on these is? It's the 07/8 model I believe.

Posted: May 15, 2018 at 4:45 Quote
Adzmast3r wrote:

Currently building this bad boy, was going to sell but decided not to. Anyone know for any Totems or what the max travel frontwise on these is? It's the 07/8 model I believe.

I believe the max travel on those was listed as 180mm I could be wrong though I know my patriot was 170mm max

Posted: Jul 24, 2018 at 15:40 Quote
Hi guys new to the orange owners club brought my self a patriot this evening hope you guys can help me identify which one it is and when she was like to have been built ...
Always wanted one as a kid so super happy i finally got one let me know what you think

Posted: Aug 12, 2018 at 12:00 Quote
New here but in need of an 04 7+ swingarm asy 7+ came with a sub5 swingarm fitterld

Posted: Jan 4, 2019 at 19:43 Quote
Ok quick question, would a 7+ swingarm fit a 66 front end?

Posted: Jan 22, 2019 at 5:48 Quote
jimbomodder wrote:

From what I know the 7+ was a longer travel so I think the mounts and sizing of the swing was different so would not fit.

Posted: Feb 6, 2019 at 15:57 Quote
So got this a couple weeks ago a Patriot 66 Not sure about the year but the bike still handles well.

https://ibb.co/TWF0CNd

Posted: Feb 7, 2019 at 6:02 Quote

I've wanted an Orange for years but never had the opportunity... well all that's changed! I picked up this 2005 Patriot 66 from eBay for £275!! I'm so pleased with it and it rides even better than I thought it would. Some bikes seem to age very quickly whereas the old Patriots still feel great (it's entirely possible that my opinion is based on never having ridden a full sus before!).

I haven't done anything to it yet but it's due a full service, including forks and shock. Current parts are:

Orange Patriot 66 frame
Fox 36 forks
Hope Pro2 hubs
Panaracer Cinder 2.25 tyres
Hope headset
Hope mini mono brakes
Full XT drivetrain
Shimano DX pedals
Eastern Monkey bars
Eastern stem
SDG saddle

Plans for upgrade:
Dropper post - if possible with this awkward seatpost size!
Wider bars
Wider/stronger rims (don't know why the rear rim has a machined breaking surface but the front doesn't?!)
Possibly replace some parts of the drivetrain, but the gears are running OK at the moment so I'm tempted to leave them alone.
And then just ride it!

Posted: Feb 10, 2019 at 14:49 Quote
wonkle wrote:
jimbomodder wrote:

From what I know the 7+ was a longer travel so I think the mounts and sizing of the swing was different so would not fit.
managed to find 7+ swingarm so that's now fitted, just needs a full respray now

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.031262
Mobile Version of Website