The 20" street thread

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
The 20" street thread
Posted: Apr 3, 2015 at 19:53 Quote
AlMasonbmx wrote:

Treated mysef for Easter leave
Glad you're bringing the bike to base. It looks dope. Hopefully more insta clips from you.

Posted: Apr 3, 2015 at 21:18 Quote
yo13bo wrote:
the proper straya method is a whipper snipper motor with a second chain going to the non drive side of the hub, with a sprocker bolted on somewhere. bodge the job as much as you can and make sure your brake calipers are barely working and loose as all hell. you must have found said bike on the side of the road or in a tip.

the best thing I've seen is a crossbow on there, which is a prohibited weapon, so that kid may be up for a $10 000 fine just for owning one now lol selling a prohibited weapon is probably even worse.

Crossbows prohibited? Not here haha #murica.

Posted: Apr 3, 2015 at 21:33 Quote
yo13bo wrote:
the proper straya method is a whipper snipper motor with a second chain going to the non drive side of the hub, with a sprocker bolted on somewhere. bodge the job as much as you can and make sure your brake calipers are barely working and loose as all hell. you must have found said bike on the side of the road or in a tip.

the best thing I've seen is a crossbow on there, which is a prohibited weapon, so that kid may be up for a $10 000 fine just for owning one now lol selling a prohibited weapon is probably even worse.
Crossbows are illegal in Australia?

Posted: Apr 3, 2015 at 21:51 Quote
Only in NSW. Go to the NT and you can buy them just as easily as alcohol.

Do not get me started on weapons laws, they make no sense. If you are lucky enough to be granted a class D licence, which is impossible unless you cull vermin from a helicopter, and are able to own a semi automatic rifle, you cannot use a rifle that has been designed or used by a military force. 2 guns can have identical fire rate, caliber, muzzle velocity, length, weight etc. but if one has been used by any military force it is illegal, while the other you can register.

Posted: Apr 4, 2015 at 5:48 Quote
bigbrotherbmx wrote:
AlMasonbmx wrote:

Treated mysef for Easter leave
Glad you're bringing the bike to base. It looks dope. Hopefully more insta clips from you.

Thanks dude! There's a dope skatepark in the city that I get to go to on the weekends so hopefully ill be spending a lot of time there!

Posted: Apr 4, 2015 at 6:03 Quote
Lol, generally in North America you can own whatever you want as long as it's not full auto. Even if you have a BAR or like a Thompson if it's disabled you can have it. Nevermind that any gun firing from an open bolt is very easy to convert back to full auto, but yeah, it's like a 10year prison sentence if you aren't licensed. City laws regarding discharge of firearms are pretty strict, depending on where, but in the country you can spend the afternoon blowing away old K cars with .50cal rifles in your backyard if you want.

Posted: Apr 4, 2015 at 6:04 Quote
Idk what it is here in Canada but the real important thing is, indeed, crossbows and they are legal here so that is all that really matters.

Posted: Apr 4, 2015 at 6:31 Quote
Urbaniste wrote:
Lol, generally in North America you can own whatever you want as long as it's not full auto. Even if you have a BAR or like a Thompson if it's disabled you can have it. Nevermind that any gun firing from an open bolt is very easy to convert back to full auto, but yeah, it's like a 10year prison sentence if you aren't licensed. City laws regarding discharge of firearms are pretty strict, depending on where, but in the country you can spend the afternoon blowing away old K cars with .50cal rifles in your backyard if you want.

it still amazes me that you can legally own an anti materiel rifle in the states. seriously, who needs an M82 for backyard shooting? lol

Posted: Apr 4, 2015 at 6:55 Quote
Depends how big your backyard is Razz

Posted: Apr 4, 2015 at 7:42 Quote
yo13bo wrote:
Urbaniste wrote:

it still amazes me that you can legally own an anti materiel rifle in the states. seriously, who needs an M82 for backyard shooting? lol

Interesting fact is, there are a fair amount of civilian firearms that are better in quality and overall function than military models, due to the military insistence on most weapons being required to be all metal construction, so they miss out on a lot of what can be done with polymers and such.

And to answer that question, no one needs an M82, they just want it and can have it lol . I guess it's the price we pay for having a shitty health care system.

Posted: Apr 4, 2015 at 10:05 Quote
Well boys I miss my bike, sold her months ago and got a car. HAvnt posted in so long but I see some familiar names still going on here.

Posted: Apr 4, 2015 at 11:58 Quote
Creegz wrote:
I don't understand why people constantly change parts, or cars or something like that.

Built my bike and kept it, someone wanted to trade seats and posts with me, i asked them why, all they said "i want a new one". And I've got a friend who has 9 cars.....doesn't drive any of them, 3 don't run anymore because of how long they had been sitting and now he's looking at buying another.

Bmx parts and cars are entirely different. I own 5 cars right now. 1 doesn't run and his mostly disassembled. 3 others aren't road legal. And they other is my daily driver. Collecting cars is a different ball game. If you have somewhere to store them, why not?

Posted: Apr 4, 2015 at 13:43 Quote
I just feel it's a lot. Then again, I have moved a lot, so out of necessity I don't retain a lot of stuff.

Posted: Apr 4, 2015 at 14:23 Quote
Well I guess I'm not ready for hopping down 5 stairs yet... Thought I broke my shin

Posted: Apr 4, 2015 at 15:40 Quote
Creegz wrote:
I just feel it's a lot. Then again, I have moved a lot, so out of necessity I don't retain a lot of stuff.

But if you're into older or rare cars or do any racing, parts are either rare, expensive and often both so they end up sitting, or you end up with blown up donor cars, usually saving money. Not to mention like nozz said you often end up with cars that aren't legal to drive. Or if you know what you're doing, you can fix em and flip em.

It does require space but there's nothing wrong with it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011571
Mobile Version of Website