The 20" street thread

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
The 20" street thread
Posted: Aug 1, 2015 at 8:06 Quote
Ok and what about the salt junior brake pever would it be like a mono lever or a shorter break lever ?

Posted: Aug 1, 2015 at 13:53 Quote
It is amazing how biking gets you to know people I've met 4 dudes in less than a week who ride bikes they are all amazing people I met a crazy dude from montpellier today

Posted: Aug 1, 2015 at 16:07 Quote
Not to get sentimental, but all my closest friends I've met through riding and I hope they will visit me if I go to uni and I can show them all these new spots :')))

Also, tonight's session ended well, I landed a really sketchy 180 In which I had to basically foot plant another 180 turn to recover my terrible weight positioning, but a few minutes later I tried again and half cabbed out Big Grin

Posted: Aug 1, 2015 at 22:20 Quote
Honestly I find most people who don't ride or skate or at least snowboard/ski are just not as fun.
Normal people are usually just not the same, they don't understand that almost dying from speed wobbles is better than any day at the beach.

Posted: Aug 1, 2015 at 22:34 Quote
I feel you on that. I just chill with skaters and bikers. People that are scared to get bloody or fall on there ass In general are no fun. Get out of the house and have some fun. Don't sit there and pick your ass all day Yolo.

Posted: Aug 2, 2015 at 4:35 Quote
I'm sorry but those last two statements are more lame than the people you're talking about! I only have 1 friend who rides but that doesn't mean my other friends or anybody else who doesn't ride is lame....we find all kinds of shit to get into. Yes...I've met a lot of cool people because of riding but I ain't judging cuz you ain't on a 20"! My wife don't ride or skate and she's not lame at all...stupid comment fellla's, especially after a lot of us get pissed off for being judged cuz of our bikes!

Posted: Aug 2, 2015 at 5:23 Quote
80% of my social circle doesn't ride bikes Yet they are still my friends, their idea of a day out? Sitting on their asses at the beach my idea? Ride all day and then jump to the sea, yes I party with them and spend time with them but they are more likely to sit on their asses at a pub than doing something

Posted: Aug 2, 2015 at 6:00 Quote
All I'm saying is...don't judge people! My best friend of over 12 years hasn't been on a 20" since he was a kid and he's the coolest person I've ever met...he's my dude. Had I not got to know him because of the fact he doesn't ride a bike, I would've missed out on some of the best times of my life. That being said...my non riding friends don't sit on there asses and drink all day either, they just don't ride bmx.

Posted: Aug 2, 2015 at 7:42 Quote
I'd rather chill with people who wanna have fun an ride. Not saying all people who don't ride are not cool or fun but I would rather spend my days riding and having fun instead of doing something else like going to the beach as Chris said. I'm sitting here with a head injury jealous that all my friends are out having fun riding.

Posted: Aug 2, 2015 at 7:51 Quote
I get it...but that wasn't really my point.

Posted: Aug 2, 2015 at 8:15 Quote
I got your point I gave you mine.

Posted: Aug 2, 2015 at 8:28 Quote
Look...I'm not trying to start shit over the interweb. I'm 43 in 2 weeks...been around for awhile and all I'm saying is you're gonna miss out on some really cool people if you wanna judge...period! I'm now heading out to go four wheeling with my riding friend and most of my non riding friends. I guess we'll be sitting on our asses cuz we'll be on four wheelers and yeah...we gonna be drinking some beers and smoking like a forest fire. Not trying to be shitty so I hope no one takes it that way! Bad day ahead of me...lol!

Posted: Aug 2, 2015 at 8:41 Quote
Not a fight bro just trading points of few on life. I think atv an dirt bikes are riding IMO and are a blast have fun. I started riding bmx because I lived in the city and couldn't dirt bike much unless I was at my cousins house. He passed away of a brain tumour 2 years ago. He was probs the closest thing I will have to a older bro. He would of loved to be riding the dirt bikes but legit couldn't for 5 years. He was a blast to talk to funny as f*ck an sat on his death bed making jokes. I got his bandana rapped up on my bars so he's always riding with me. Beer

Posted: Aug 2, 2015 at 8:48 Quote
That's probably one of the coolest things...the bandana! Sorry about your friend and sorry if I took the previous the wrong way and sounds like you know what I was getting at. I'm out...four wheelers and the outdoors are calling me, time to answer. Hope everyone has a good a day as I'm about to.

Posted: Aug 2, 2015 at 8:52 Quote
One last thing. I got my Grandfather's date of birth and passing tattooed on my knuckles cuz he was the only Dad I had growing up...so I completely understand the brother thing for you!
R.I.P. to everybody's loved ones. Peace

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018408
Mobile Version of Website