The 20" street thread

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
The 20" street thread
Posted: Jan 20, 2016 at 14:55 Quote
justin99 wrote:
I've got a new feature up on the Northern Embassy about my backyard. Fresh video and some narrative to go with it. Check it out.

Sweet read/viewing man! Always been jealous of your ramp set up!

Posted: Jan 21, 2016 at 5:31 Quote
justin99 wrote:
I've got a new feature up on the Northern Embassy about my backyard. Fresh video and some narrative to go with it. Check it out.
can always trust Justin to bring in the heat tup tup tup

Posted: Jan 21, 2016 at 7:06 Quote
That backyard is crazy. Gunna make something like that one day when my parents get property.

Posted: Jan 21, 2016 at 9:12 Quote
Hatebreeder wrote:
Urbaniste wrote:
Acebmx... Think I got the last set though, after I ordered they didn't show up on their site anymore

Cool. I hope you get them. Me and some buddies have ordered from them before. I have received the wrong parts, wrong colors and been given the run around about parts not being in stock. I hope your experience is different than ours.

Definitely did not get them. Got an email after like a week saying they were sold out. Now they're trying to offer me a substitution 4 pc bar, but they haven't told me what... Probably just get my money back.

Edit: Voided the order. They wanted to give me some Salt bars that were absolutely nothing like Big Fours. Found Big Fours at Jenson USA and ordered those instead.

Posted: Jan 21, 2016 at 11:55 Quote
Hey guys, off topic, but I'm going to be traveling to Cambodia soon and I want to bring my bike with me... I've watched videos of how to pack it into a golf bag or whatever but I'm more concerned about them losing my bike or not letting me bring it, because I know they want you to use those expensive bike boxes or whatever but I'd rather not pay for that.

Any tips? Should I just lie to them and say its golf equipment? Will they even ask?

Anything is appreciated thanks

Posted: Jan 21, 2016 at 13:53 Quote
Urbaniste wrote:
Hatebreeder wrote:
Urbaniste wrote:
Acebmx... Think I got the last set though, after I ordered they didn't show up on their site anymore

Cool. I hope you get them. Me and some buddies have ordered from them before. I have received the wrong parts, wrong colors and been given the run around about parts not being in stock. I hope your experience is different than ours.

Definitely did not get them. Got an email after like a week saying they were sold out. Now they're trying to offer me a substitution 4 pc bar, but they haven't told me what... Probably just get my money back.

Edit: Voided the order. They wanted to give me some Salt bars that were absolutely nothing like Big Fours. Found Big Fours at Jenson USA and ordered those instead.
that is messed. 3 ride has messed up my order before but nothig like that...

Posted: Jan 21, 2016 at 14:08 Quote
ChrisNop wrote:
Hey guys, off topic, but I'm going to be traveling to Cambodia soon and I want to bring my bike with me... I've watched videos of how to pack it into a golf bag or whatever but I'm more concerned about them losing my bike or not letting me bring it, because I know they want you to use those expensive bike boxes or whatever but I'd rather not pay for that.

Any tips? Should I just lie to them and say its golf equipment? Will they even ask?

Holiday in Cambodia?

Make sure you dress in black.

Posted: Jan 21, 2016 at 16:46 Quote
Urbaniste wrote:
Hatebreeder wrote:
Urbaniste wrote:

Dude that's a shittiest thing ever. I'm sorry dude.

Posted: Jan 21, 2016 at 16:52 Quote
ChrisNop wrote:

They usually don't ask. So yeah, don't bring it up if you don't have to.

On occasion the clerks will ask to look in your bag. Best to put clothes and packing materials on top so they don't see the bike underneath. The clerks usually don't take the time to actually search through it thoroughly.

I've yet to come across a clerk familiar enough with airline policy to realize they're supposed to charge you more though. With that being said, if they ask what's in the bag it's best to be honest. However, when asked the question I usually say something along the lines of "Oh, yeah. I have a bunch of clothes, some gifts, and some bike parts in there."

Some other tips:
1) Make sure you put your tools in your checked bag. The biggest rookie mistake you can make is putting them in your carry-on. That's just asking for trouble at security.
2) Don't be overweight and pack smart. 50 pounds is the limit for most airlines.
3) Put your "heavier" items like jeans or cameras in your carry-on (I use a backpack).
4) If you're tight for space/weight, hang your helmet off your backpack.
5) Wear a hoody on the day you go to the airport just in case you need to put stuff in the pockets or tie a jacket around your waste for weight savings.
6) Make sure you put something through the drop-outs of your frame (wooden block, old hub, etc.). Rear triangles bend way too easy without a wheel in them.

And have fun in Cambodia. Sounds like a rad trip.

Also, thanks for the feedback on the video/article guys! Salute

Posted: Jan 21, 2016 at 18:27 Quote
bigbrotherbmx wrote:
Urbaniste wrote:
Hatebreeder wrote:

Meh, it's just bars. Least I have a genuine set of Scerbos to enjoy Smile ...My wife found Big Fours on Jenson and ordered them, but they don't have them, they said they will get them though it'll just take some time so hopefully I'll see them eventually...

Posted: Jan 21, 2016 at 18:59 Quote
Urbaniste wrote:
bigbrotherbmx wrote:
Urbaniste wrote:

Meh, it's just bars. Least I have a genuine set of Scerbos to enjoy Smile ...My wife found Big Fours on Jenson and ordered them, but they don't have them, they said they will get them though it'll just take some time so hopefully I'll see them eventually...
I just mean the luck in general. Horrible advertising. Why not Craigslist (ha, Americans).

Posted: Jan 21, 2016 at 19:02 Quote
Urbaniste wrote:
bigbrotherbmx wrote:
Urbaniste wrote:

You have Scerbos? got pics?

Posted: Jan 21, 2016 at 20:57 Quote
thaigiang wrote:
Urbaniste wrote:
bigbrotherbmx wrote:

Woah. You no remember? Noob as f*ck.

Posted: Jan 22, 2016 at 3:49 Quote
thaigiang wrote:
Urbaniste wrote:
bigbrotherbmx wrote:

Yeah, there are a few in my albums.

photo

Posted: Jan 22, 2016 at 8:18 Quote
Urbaniste wrote:
thaigiang wrote:
Urbaniste wrote:

Yeah, there are a few in my albums.

photo

hell yeah those are awesome

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.028439
Mobile Version of Website