The 20" street thread

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
The 20" street thread
Posted: Oct 21, 2016 at 5:08 Quote
gingy-0 wrote:
DirtJumperYo wrote:
DirtJumperYo wrote:
What are your thoughts on the Kink Sxtn frame
Uh, it's a frame? What do you want to know about it?
How the company is (durability, customer service, warranties, etc) and also if anyone here has ridden this frame and their thoughts on it. My bad for not specifying

Posted: Oct 21, 2016 at 8:04 Quote
nwthumbs wrote:
real talk this is from a local. silva is petty as f*ck. some one will post something at a spot hes hit and then he'll do a throw back clip THE NEXT DAY. like yes we get it you have been riding for longer than some people in the game have been out of diapers get over yourself and get with the times.
He's my buddy so I can't even say a bad word about him. That guy knows Toronto inside and out better then anyone. He has guys literally hitting him up all the time saying take me here and he isn't even about that he just wants to ride.

Posted: Oct 21, 2016 at 8:56 Quote
Having seen it happen numerous times I'm not about to change my stance based on what some one has said on the Internet. I get he's your homie and shit but he's always on this passive aggressive throwing shade over abd clips that were only on insta. I'm not saying him as a rider or his knowledge of the city but I have an issue with some of the small things if you will.

Nuff of that tho. We could go back and forth all day about this kinda shit.

Want to try some different grips soon. Tried some stranger Quan's and they are ideal size wise (kinda skinny but decent length) how ever they are already tearing in a few spots. What's people's go to that may not be in the standard longneck/cult vans category that is softish/ skinny?

Posted: Oct 21, 2016 at 10:28 Quote
nwthumbs wrote:
Having seen it happen numerous times I'm not about to change my stance based on what some one has said on the Internet. I get he's your homie and shit but he's always on this passive aggressive throwing shade over abd clips that were only on insta. I'm not saying him as a rider or his knowledge of the city but I have an issue with some of the small things if you will.

Want to try some different grips soon. Tried some stranger Quan's and they are ideal size wise (kinda skinny but decent length) how ever they are already tearing in a few spots. What's people's go to that may not be in the standard longneck/cult vans category that is softish/ skinny?

S&M Hoder

Posted: Oct 21, 2016 at 10:55 Quote
I love my Merritt Crumlish grips but they suck if you ride with your hands right in as the smooth bit is pretty slippy. I ride with my hands in the middle so they work really well. And they wear slow but are soft.

Posted: Oct 21, 2016 at 19:24 Quote
crs-one wrote:
bigbrotherbmx wrote:
crs-one wrote:
There's probably more overlap between Harry main fans and animal customers than you think....scooter riders like Edwin grips too.
You shut your whore mouth

It's the truth. Considering Animal is currently pulling themselves back from the brink, we should all be happy that scooter riders are subsidizing this core BMX company because core BMX riders won't.
Yea i can agree with that.

Posted: Oct 22, 2016 at 8:10 Quote
nwthumbs wrote:

Yeah honestly! And I use to love the Kink Delta grips I haven't ran them in years though. They are super skinny and comfy but only last so long. The Dan Paley BSD grips also fall into that category.

Posted: Oct 22, 2016 at 22:29 Quote
raytheotter wrote:
bluntosaurusrex wrote:
raytheotter wrote:
I want to love Animal. I just wish they would step it up a little. If I build another bike over winter I'll support them as best I can but the options are a little limited. I need to pick up a javelin front hub anyway if I want to get their micropegs.

https://www.joemammacycles.com/products/nubs

you're welcome.... #Nubs NOS these were made in uber limited batches by Our pegless GOAT Silva before animal agreed to do it up for him... you wanna be a real OG run these and say f*ck you to animal....ralph shoulda let it die cause now they are just another catalog brand it feels like... plus there shit is way to over priced for what you get... that being said I love my javelin front hub, but if Animal had died it would have allowed for another company who has the funds to make good shit to step up which needs to happen IMO in the industry cause its seems like things are stagnating

They don't ship to the UK Cry

email them they might

Posted: Oct 27, 2016 at 21:56 Quote
nwthumbs wrote:
DLX has 13.75" CS's. plenty long enough.
youd think so but my buddy has a custom frame with 14.5 chainstays, some people just like em really long. also i filed the drop outs on my old bike to get the chainstay a little shorter, was more for the chain tension so i didnt have to worry about my chain raping my brake hardware. god damned chainstay brake mounts. Anyways some people do prefer longer cs then 13.75.

Posted: Oct 27, 2016 at 21:59 Quote
bluntosaurusrex wrote:
raytheotter wrote:
bluntosaurusrex wrote:

https://www.joemammacycles.com/products/nubs

you're welcome.... #Nubs NOS these were made in uber limited batches by Our pegless GOAT Silva before animal agreed to do it up for him... you wanna be a real OG run these and say f*ck you to animal....ralph shoulda let it die cause now they are just another catalog brand it feels like... plus there shit is way to over priced for what you get... that being said I love my javelin front hub, but if Animal had died it would have allowed for another company who has the funds to make good shit to step up which needs to happen IMO in the industry cause its seems like things are stagnating

They don't ship to the UK Cry

email them they might
ian christianson also did something similar though i think he ghetto rigged his own out of filed down bolts or some other bolt he modded if i remember correctly.

Posted: Oct 27, 2016 at 23:43 Quote
That is true. I'm out here on a custom 26" frame with 4 pegs and a free coaster with bmx spacinglol

Posted: Oct 28, 2016 at 7:39 Quote
Ask Ian if he's on Silva's nuts. He loooooooooves that question

Posted: Oct 29, 2016 at 9:31 Quote
crs-one wrote:
Ask Ian if he's on Silva's nuts. He loooooooooves that question

Hahaha oh boy

Posted: Oct 31, 2016 at 13:27 Quote
Today I realised I can't add steeze to my hops or go big I did a 1.3m hop and added the steeze and the force popped out my shoulder

I have to be a ledge nibbler

Posted: Nov 2, 2016 at 12:37 Quote
Besides killing the thread have you guys seen a lot of riders going back to cassette?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019538
Mobile Version of Website