The 20" street thread

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
The 20" street thread
Posted: Dec 1, 2016 at 19:06 Quote
DandelionDan wrote:
Anyone know anything about Ceneca bmx? Noticed that they have 4.5" pegs for $10 and was wondering if they're worth buying.

Macneil's house parts brand kinda like mission for kink or salt for WTP

Posted: Dec 2, 2016 at 4:04 Quote
bluntosaurusrex wrote:
DandelionDan wrote:
Anyone know anything about Ceneca bmx? Noticed that they have 4.5" pegs for $10 and was wondering if they're worth buying.

Macneil's house parts brand kinda like mission for kink or salt for WTP

i thought macneil is dead? how long has this brand been going on for

Posted: Dec 2, 2016 at 4:24 Quote
Any tips on cabs to manuel?

Posted: Dec 2, 2016 at 9:17 Quote
jespinal wrote:
Any tips on cabs to manuel?
Slightly under-rotate the half cab and make sure your butt is low when you land in the manual.

Posted: Dec 2, 2016 at 21:41 Quote
I feel so stupid about the bag of tricks I have and can do but I still can't manual. I'm 23 years old and still can't get the concept down. Probably just doomed forever. Fml

Posted: Dec 2, 2016 at 21:46 Quote
bamfbmx wrote:
I feel so stupid about the bag of tricks I have and can do but I still can't manual. I'm 23 years old and still can't get the concept down. Probably just doomed forever. Fml
same boat here.

Although after like 5 years or something I am almost satisfied with my tables so I am probably just slow.

Posted: Dec 3, 2016 at 3:36 Quote
Same. I cant manual for shit. 31 and I doubt it will ever happen.

Posted: Dec 3, 2016 at 4:00 Quote
When you say you can't manual do you mean you can't manual one bike length or that you can't hold it for ten laps of the skatepark? I sometimes get them for about five parking spaces but usually about three. I wouldn't say I CAN'T manual, I'm just not very good at them.

Posted: Dec 3, 2016 at 4:29 Quote
I can manuel I am not that good at holding them

Also I am trying those damn falie wallrides and I want to figure them out I'll head out later today and smash myself against a wall for fun

Posted: Dec 3, 2016 at 4:30 Quote
I can sometimes manual like 7-8m out of a bank, and I have done a small deck manual like 10 times of 100 tries.

Posted: Dec 3, 2016 at 5:04 Quote
I can only get them flat and very occasionally out of a bank. Usually can't even get into one out of a bank. The top of the bank seems to squash them for me and I can't fight it.

Posted: Dec 3, 2016 at 9:07 Quote
I can manual literally as far as I want to, between tight spots, on high ledges, etc but it's the only trick I'm really good at, besides 180s and 360 tailtaps. I don't even ride with pegs at the moment, but I'll try to give tips.

1. Try manuals out of a 1 second nose manual. It helps me set my balance point for some odd reason. What I mean is, if you're trying to hop onto a manual pad with your rear wheel, try to do a steep 1 second nose manual and land straight on your back wheel from your front wheel. It basically forces your body into the perfect position to hold a manual forever, and gives you a minor speed/momentum boost.
2. I know everyone says this, but keep your body low and stay super relaxed. I can honestly say my mannys are better than quite a few people I've been watching online, because they try to keep their body high and pull the bike up. What you actually want is to keep your body low and pull the bike back towards you.
3. Put some low budget brakes on your bike and use some Salmon pads until you're comfortable. I know 'brakeless is the way, brakeless is life' for most of us but although I can manual without brakes I don't really think anyone should. Bailing from them isn't scary but you'll learn them way faster with them. I can stall a manual basically anywhere, anytime with my brakes.

As for out of, and into banks, you have to adjust your body position a lot when transtioning. Manualling uphill is pretty much risk free, as you'll loop out slower,n but manuals downhill are easier to get into, also easier to loop out ot.

Please don't respond with 'you use brakes, that's cheating' .Lots of people use brakes for manuals, but not everyone can hold them forever just because of their brakes.

Posted: Dec 3, 2016 at 9:16 Quote
My campus has 10x10 cement blocks all over the pathways so it's fun to go fast and see how many blocks i can manual. It helped me a lot because I started off struggling to get 2 and now i can do five regularly, my record is seven. It's also super fun to go as fast as your gearing will let you and see how far you can hop, I got two now if I'm geared out.

Posted: Dec 3, 2016 at 10:25 Quote
gotta kinda lock your arms and remember that your counter-balancing your front end with your ass. get too high hump the bars to drop, too low throw out that ass. and don't be afraid to throw some blood on the ground once in a while

Posted: Dec 3, 2016 at 11:07 Quote
I can power manny through rollers but i just seem to fall over sideways when doing it flat. Either infind the balance point and fall over side ways or i stay up right and loop/ drop it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014340
Mobile Version of Website