The 20" street thread

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
The 20" street thread
Posted: Dec 3, 2016 at 12:17 Quote
The piece of wisdom that unlocked manuals for me was "pull up as slowly as possible" I got consistent manuals within probably a few rides of applying that advice.

When you're riding along flat ground, just lean back as slowly as humanly possible, and you'll find your balance point that way. From there, hop manuals, drop manuals, etc all fall into place fairly easily. I'm far from amazing at manwells but that got me on the right track.

Posted: Dec 3, 2016 at 15:22 Quote
crs-one wrote:
The piece of wisdom that unlocked manuals for me was "pull up as slowly as possible" I got consistent manuals within probably a few rides of applying that advice.

When you're riding along flat ground, just lean back as slowly as humanly possible, and you'll find your balance point that way. From there, hop manuals, drop manuals, etc all fall into place fairly easily. I'm far from amazing at manwells but that got me on the right track.

Holy shit, this actually helped so much. Just gave it a go and it's definitely easier to find your balance point. This and looking 10m in front or so and it's a lot easier.

Posted: Dec 3, 2016 at 15:26 Quote
I rode with this tweaker dude once who was really good, (like air tailwhips good) and he could manual super far and consistently but he kept his legs almost straight and pulled his arms in with his chin super close to the bars.

To this day I've never seen someone who can actually manual like that.

Posted: Dec 4, 2016 at 6:36 Quote
Not exactly on the Manual topic but I picked up a set of the Cult Vans tires for my BMX and while inspecting it noticed the "Made in Thailand" on it. Dammit I really gotta find the Vee factory.

Posted: Dec 4, 2016 at 10:50 Quote
Does anyone know of a steel bash guard? Keep wearing mine down Frown

Posted: Dec 5, 2016 at 5:19 Quote
Awwww yiss I just scored this for my bmx

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://cdn.wallapop.com/shnm-portlet/images?pictureId=117133119&pictureSize=W640

Posted: Dec 5, 2016 at 12:47 Quote
Such og. Much rad. Many stoked.

Posted: Dec 6, 2016 at 13:09 Quote
I've been riding bmx for about 5 months and I was just wondering what tricks I should have down in that time frame.

Posted: Dec 6, 2016 at 14:00 Quote
Nothing specific at all. Besides hops. Some shit will come to you easier than other stuff for sure.
Nose 180s are good to learn. Throw on some pegs and learn feebs and double pegs. Other than that imo you'll just pick up on other stuff eventually.

Posted: Dec 6, 2016 at 15:39 Quote
What he said ^^ and just find a cool crew of guys to ride with. Riding with people that push me to try stuff has always helped me out a lot.

Posted: Dec 6, 2016 at 15:49 Quote
Go watch Daniel Sandoval and just do what he's doing

Posted: Dec 6, 2016 at 23:13 Quote
If you're going to ride park then I'd say you should have learned to drop in and how to pump around transition. 180s in banks and maybe 180s to disaster in banks. Learn how to get into a manual, even though it will take a while to learn to hold it.

Posted: Dec 7, 2016 at 9:10 Quote
gingy-0 wrote:

yeah that's a good start, you may also want to include what Garret Reynolds and Sean Burns is doing as well

Posted: Dec 7, 2016 at 21:15 Quote
SqueekyEnterprises wrote:
gingy-0 wrote:

yeah that's a good start, you may also want to include what Garret Reynolds and Sean Burns is doing as well

Reference Mike Aitken pre his crash for how to make style... and Ruben just search Ruben and Bmx go do it now

Posted: Dec 8, 2016 at 5:20 Quote
https://vimeo.com/177190242

Just saw this thing thats pretty much the Z-Coaster from Profile but this is made from Far East Cycles.... hmmmmmmmm

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.022656
Mobile Version of Website