The 20" street thread

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
The 20" street thread
Posted: Mar 14, 2017 at 16:53 Quote
brenteaton wrote:
I would rather see him with a brand he would be with for life rather then joining a joke brand for a payday. Hes arguable in my top 5 fav riders of all time. I just love how he does everything switch just as good as regular if not better.

I really don't think he has a regular direction lol.

I don't know about the payday thing. I think when you have been in the street scene for that long you have to start looking for an endgame. Getting some quick cash while you're still at the top of your game is pretty smart.
Especially when a lot of the old school street icons seem to end up with no money.

Posted: Mar 16, 2017 at 12:33 Quote
Maintenance a bmx brake? lol

Posted: Mar 16, 2017 at 13:32 Quote
raytheotter wrote:
brenteaton wrote:
I would rather see him with a brand he would be with for life rather then joining a joke brand for a payday. Hes arguable in my top 5 fav riders of all time. I just love how he does everything switch just as good as regular if not better.

I don't know about the payday thing. I think when you have been in the street scene for that long you have to start looking for an endgame. Getting some quick cash while you're still at the top of your game is pretty smart.
Especially when a lot of the old school street icons seem to end up with no money.

Exactly this. I imagine hes in his 30s now so it makes total sense to try and cash in while you still can. My biggest problem with Mafia bikes is not the bikes but their brand image. Im a graphic designer by day and their brand, website and whole identity feels like someone spent 5mins doing on a come down. Cult, WTP, United and so on just feels way more polished. it drives me mad!

Posted: Mar 16, 2017 at 13:35 Quote
joepuddle wrote:
raytheotter wrote:
brenteaton wrote:

Exactly this. I imagine hes in his 30s now so it makes total sense to try and cash in while you still can. My biggest problem with Mafia bikes is not the bikes but their brand image. Im a graphic designer by day and their brand, website and whole identity feels like someone spent 5mins doing on a come down. Cult, WTP, United and so on just feels way more polished. it drives me mad!

Kids like that vector graphic logo look. Subtle design is lost on 10 year olds.

Definitely designed in 5 minutes though lol

Posted: Mar 16, 2017 at 14:26 Quote
Has anyone seen matty ray's edit? The way he throws the b'a gave me aboner

Posted: Mar 16, 2017 at 14:40 Quote
sorry to jump over your last post dude but anyone see Foley's latest vlog. I know its just a normal video for him but hes just so dam smooth!

Posted: Mar 16, 2017 at 14:42 Quote
Riding like Foley would make my whole life worthwhile.

Posted: Mar 16, 2017 at 14:43 Quote
I've never taken a true look at Mafia's products until now.

I didn't think there were companies still producing bikes with one piece cranks...

Posted: Mar 17, 2017 at 10:57 Quote
scrippsranchDJ wrote:
Maintenance a bmx brake? lol
lube cables and clean pads and rims regularly

Posted: Mar 17, 2017 at 16:47 Quote
I swapped to 28-9 from 25-9 my whole life. Rolling towards this gap I always throw dumped 3's over, do the same amount of pedals, hit it and realize I'm like 12ft in the air and just think oh f*ck oh f*ck oh f*ck and over rotate 90 degrees and hit and it throws me off but I did a cool ninja roll and came out perfectly fine until the next day my whole left side that hit first was so damn sore haha. I gotta get used to more speed but I love it so much. I should've switched to this gearing long ago lol.

Posted: Mar 18, 2017 at 10:03 Quote
raytheotter wrote:
Riding like Foley would make my whole life worthwhile.

Totally dude. Its how I think I ride when im just cruising around hitting little ledges and rails but the reality is very different.

Posted: Mar 18, 2017 at 10:44 Quote
I paid the price for trying to learn abubacas kn a kerb with a not-so-well working brake

I busted the shit outta my ass

Posted: Mar 18, 2017 at 13:06 Quote
Anyone can recomend a decent brake set? Or it might be my lever idk but I REALLY want to learn abubacas

Posted: Mar 18, 2017 at 13:07 Quote
crs-one wrote:
I feel your pain broski. This is why abubacas on waxed ledges are a bad idea.
I'll keep that in mind damn

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.031538
Mobile Version of Website