The 20" street thread

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
The 20" street thread
Posted: May 2, 2017 at 2:00 Quote
I knew you could do it. Now, you already know how to hop into manny's, lol. Bonus trick by association.

Posted: May 2, 2017 at 5:38 Quote
slbmx wrote:
newfie-rides wrote:
crs-one wrote:
Business 2 was dope
patiently awaiting the DVD release.. Hella wish I could have went to the premiere
When can i buy dvd.

Posted: May 2, 2017 at 9:36 Quote
bigbrotherbmx wrote:
slbmx wrote:
newfie-rides wrote:
patiently awaiting the DVD release.. Hella wish I could have went to the premiere
When can i buy dvd.
When you been working so much that you realize you missed the Toronto premiere Facepalm

Posted: May 2, 2017 at 10:26 Quote
newschooler wrote:
incognitodude wrote:
definitely start like its a manual; arms rigid, weight your hips over the back to lift the front wheel, then the hopping motion should be what puts your bars to the waist (the hop is just like if the bike wasn't there), and then you level the bike by pushing the bars forward and pulling in the knees... (don't just pull back on the bike then hump your bars thinking that's going to lift it if there's no lip to throw you)

I really recommend trying it over obstacles like skateboards stacked on their sides with the boards locked between the trucks so that you can test your height via number of boards, then you can start trying to 180 over them if you get a little ballzy

but if you seriously want to start pushing progression you need to find some riding buddies and not be afraid to leave a little blood on the concrete... when you ride with people that have varying skill sets and levels it really pushes you to ride "outside the box" by trying new even seemingly dumb things that will push your bike control above and beyond and you'll have a great time along the way

overall it's always going to be incredibly difficult to coach someone over the internet

So I went out and tried using my hips to lift the front end and this is what I got:

In essence, I should be using my arms and hips to lift the front wheel right? Normally I would rely on using my arms to pump my hips back, but by actively using my hips and arms to get my weight backwards, it seems that I may have learned how to properly hop.

Hell yeah looks dope my dude, practice makes perfect now bro.
Look for skate parks and dirt parks in your area to play around at too, as well as any bank, ledge, stair set, or in general fun looking obstacles to practice random things on. I really recommend getting started on your fakie game if you haven't already and get a little rotation practice with things like 180's and if you don't have much experience with either you can work wall pushes(just like it sounds ride into a wall at a moderate speed and as the front tire contacts lift the rear off the ground and push your weight backwards) to practice your fakie game and find a nice bank to practice airing and rotating back into it for 180 practice without the fakie... eventually going to have to dive in and ballz out though so be prepared and one of the most important things is to figure out how best to bail from certain tricks without hurting yourself... but on the other hand you have to commit...

and an important note is that your head and hips dictate a lot of what the bike is going to do so your already on the right path there...

Posted: May 2, 2017 at 17:58 Quote
bigbrotherbmx wrote:
slbmx wrote:
newfie-rides wrote:
When can i buy dvd.
Right now. Smile

Posted: May 2, 2017 at 18:08 Quote
justin99 wrote:
bigbrotherbmx wrote:
slbmx wrote:
When can i buy dvd.
Right now. Smile
Ian I love you save me a copy till this Thursday payday, I gotta buy a pay as ya go card lol f*ckin Google never helped me worth shit tryna find the dvd before lol when was it released on the site?

Posted: May 3, 2017 at 0:45 Quote
Shipping is more expensive than the dvd itself, I'd pay fullprice for a digital download, maybe Ian can come through and help a brother out?

Posted: May 3, 2017 at 5:27 Quote
brenteaton wrote:
bigbrotherbmx wrote:
slbmx wrote:
When can i buy dvd.
When you been working so much that you realize you missed the Toronto premiere Facepalm

R o u g h

At least you copped a dvd though. cant wait to see this shit.

Posted: May 3, 2017 at 22:11 Quote
lettusdude wrote:
Yea, takes all kinds to make the world go round. I find it much easier to unclip than to pull shoes from the strap, and I feel I get more power as I can pull with my whole shoe rather than just what is strapped. I have a lot of trouble flipping a strapped pedal around and getting my foot in. Clipless it is mindless for me. As for casual clipless shoes, I'm currently wearing these DZR shoes.
photo

I dislike the look of the bright plastic looking roadie shoes, and they are awful for walking in.
I know Five Ten make a good looking clipless shoe as well I'll try once my current shoes wear out.

I'm a big fan of my teva pivots

Posted: May 3, 2017 at 22:18 Quote
jespinal wrote:

Nothing clap behind the back at 10.30 and held it for AAAAGES that was focking beast
Can we start a go fund me to fix big boys hair

Posted: May 4, 2017 at 23:47 Quote
bikeordie2772 wrote:
lettusdude wrote:
Yea, takes all kinds to make the world go round. I find it much easier to unclip than to pull shoes from the strap, and I feel I get more power as I can pull with my whole shoe rather than just what is strapped. I have a lot of trouble flipping a strapped pedal around and getting my foot in. Clipless it is mindless for me. As for casual clipless shoes, I'm currently wearing these DZR shoes.
photo

I dislike the look of the bright plastic looking roadie shoes, and they are awful for walking in.
I know Five Ten make a good looking clipless shoe as well I'll try once my current shoes wear out.

I'll have to loo into those as well. Shoes I can clip in for my commute, but also be at work or hang out while being comfortable and looking casual are what I am after.

Posted: May 5, 2017 at 8:59 Quote
ive had the cleat rip out a set of chrome and RZR casual clipless shoes. im sticking to proper shoes myself. to each their own tho.

Posted: May 6, 2017 at 6:27 Quote
bikeordie2772 wrote:
lettusdude wrote:
photo

I got sold on a pair of Tevas back in 2013 because the girl at the demo booth was hot as f*ck and man I regret those shoes so much, I'm 99% sure my dad jacked them and he hated them too lol.

Edit: Mines were just reg flat pedal shoes so yea kinda unrelated

Posted: May 11, 2017 at 22:08 Quote
My DZR shoes have lasted all last summer commuting and are still going. They have the general wear and tear you'd expect from a shoe, but the cleat is fine. They desperately need new laces though...

Speaking of commuting, I touched base with the boys at FBM and pulled the trigger on one of these fine beasts. They seem to be made to order, and John from FBM has been communicating with me every step of the way.

photo

I had a custom FBM BMX frame welded up in 2009 and absolutely loved it. I rode it until 2013 when it was stolen. I've been riding a Fit frame purchased from my local shop since. It'll be nice to say I'm riding an FBM again. Everything that company does is purely for the sport. While I could get a mass produced frame and fork for much cheaper of equal quality, I like to support the little guys. FBM definitely flies the DIY flag, which is why I love 'em. I can not express how much this company values customer service and how much you should support them.

Posted: May 12, 2017 at 8:33 Quote
lettusdude wrote:
My DZR shoes have lasted all last summer commuting and are still going. They have the general wear and tear you'd expect from a shoe, but the cleat is fine. They desperately need new laces though...

Speaking of commuting, I touched base with the boys at FBM and pulled the trigger on one of these fine beasts. They seem to be made to order, and John from FBM has been communicating with me every step of the way.

photo

I had a custom FBM BMX frame welded up in 2009 and absolutely loved it. I rode it until 2013 when it was stolen. I've been riding a Fit frame purchased from my local shop since. It'll be nice to say I'm riding an FBM again. Everything that company does is purely for the sport. While I could get a mass produced frame and fork for much cheaper of equal quality, I like to support the little guys. FBM definitely flies the DIY flag, which is why I love 'em. I can not express how much this company values customer service and how much you should support them.
100%

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.021694
Mobile Version of Website