The 20" street thread

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
The 20" street thread
Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 16:26 Quote
Ben-S wrote:
It was but I run over glass every time I ride and just haven't dealt with it yet. I might order Aitkens or Comp IIIs for it
Aitkens are so f*cking legit

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 19:29 Quote
Aitkens are the ugliest sick tire out there

Edit: Ugliest God tier tire out there

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 21:59 Quote
Metro-Gnome wrote:
I think it's a bit of a personal thing. Personally I'll try to get my weight back and carve back with the lean to straighten if I'm falling to try and stabilize...but in the end like Jesp said you have to at some point countersteer left to straighten.

What you should do next is try to learn half cabs and switch cabs. Not just to get out of falling out in fakie but to eliminate the fear of falling. Tricks/skills aren't just about skill, they're about how comfortable you are attempting them. If you can coast fakie without fear of tipping you'll never put your feet down. I've been damn near horizontal on flat without dabbing.

I have a problem where I fall off to the back and to the side whenever im trying to fakie. I cant balance at all and im not sure if im steering in the right direction. When i fall to the right and i turn left, I still just fall off to the back with my bars turned to the left. Its the most frustrating thing ever because ive been trying to get long fakies for several months

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 22:59 Quote
Are you talking about cassette or coaster? It's really a completely different technique for me btw the 2.

On a cassette, you need to be going fast enough to scrub a bit of speed backpeddling. That was why I emphasized being comfortable. The more comfortable you are, the faster you go, so you can scrub as much or as little speed as you want depending on how much pedal pressure you apply.

On a coaster it's easier to coast fakie for obvious reasons, but you have less control over your speed so you have to just try to stay as calm and centered as possible. Everyone's individual body and technique is going to be a bit different, but generally I go way faster when I hop into fakie on a coaster, and gain more speed from the hop than I would with a cassette, because of pedal pressure scrubbing.

I should add that it takes literally everyone a long time to get fakies down to an exact science. Several months isn't a really abnormal amount of time to get them. You're probably almost there. One thing I remember doing wrong was I would lean too much hopping into fakie so I would land in a lean. I find I get more consistent long fakies if I take off straight, land straight. I barely carve 180s at all most of the time. You only want to carve hard and lean a bit (with a coaster) if you're trying to half cab or full cab immediately after landing.

It's really hard to give advice without seeing what you're doing wrong, but if your falling consistently you're either leaning too much, over rotating or both. Figure out which one you're doing and make adjustments.

Posted: Jun 21, 2017 at 3:11 Quote
I just jersey hop that bitch, I aint no pro

Posted: Jun 21, 2017 at 14:48 Quote
I hate my freecoaster.

Posted: Jun 22, 2017 at 4:08 Quote
ollieeddie wrote:
I hate my freecoaster.
send it my way I'll post a cassette yours

Posted: Jun 22, 2017 at 5:53 Quote
ollieeddie wrote:
I hate my freecoaster.

what are you running? I have a federal one which works pretty well. Do you hate it or it is just broke?

Posted: Jun 22, 2017 at 12:58 Quote
They can be finiky bastatd at times. Which reminds me I still need to pester the store I ordered bearings for mine from

Posted: Jun 26, 2017 at 16:58 Quote
I'm running the Federal V3. I bought it thinking it'd be cool for fakies (which it is) but that's all I enjoy about it. As soon as pay day hits the bank I'm switching back to a cassette.

Posted: Jun 27, 2017 at 3:04 Quote
My offer still stands lol

Posted: Jun 27, 2017 at 7:24 Quote
Mines hurtin as well can has lol

Posted: Jun 27, 2017 at 16:33 Quote
fml my flybikes frame uses this weird springhanger brake system where the traditional mounts are replaced, however as I bought my frame off a complete bike I don't have such a thing

[L=http://www.flybikesbmx.com/#!/products/manual-springhanger-brake]http://www.flybikesbmx.com/#!/products/manual-springhanger-brake[/L]
anyone knows if any other brand makes something similar or I just have to get one of those?รง

Posted: Jun 28, 2017 at 16:02 Quote
Tcu youtube channel hasn't uploaded shit in over a month

Nojumper is still going because he opened a crowdfunding

Adam is for the culture

Posted: Jun 28, 2017 at 22:46 Quote
You still watch that rubbish?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.028433
Mobile Version of Website