The 20" street thread

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
The 20" street thread
Posted: Jan 2, 2018 at 12:35 Quote
If you want to fanboy all over them i don't give a f*ck i told you why I know they are shady

I won't support them any time soon nor will support anyone shop who supports them

Posted: Jan 2, 2018 at 12:37 Quote
Let alone their sub par products they are taking away from the culture by being a direct purchase company going obly for the money, no jams no event nothing for the culture just a few frames here and there

Spencer foresman shit talked them and they sent him free shit to try and sush him

If you dare support mafia alright, change your profile pic because by supporting them you're killing the shops

Posted: Jan 2, 2018 at 14:05 Quote
jespinal wrote:
If you want to fanboy all over them i don't give a f*ck i told you why I know they are shady

Without any evidence

jespinal wrote:
I won't support them any time soon nor will support anyone shop who supports them

I never asked you to, I wouldn't expect you to.

jespinal wrote:
Let alone their sub par products they are taking away from the culture by being a direct purchase company going obly for the money, no jams no event nothing for the culture just a few frames here and there

A quick Google showed they did a jam that was free for BMX's:

https://www.adrenalinealley.co.uk/event/176/mafia-jam/

jespinal wrote:
Spencer foresman shit talked them and they sent him free shit to try and sush him

I don't know who this is, but I had a little look and he seems to be quite popular with an awful lot of posts, can you send me a link so I can read about what you're saying? Tbf if someone famous bad mouthed my products I'd send them some stuff so they can see it for themselves. But, they could have been buying silence, they do call themselves Mafia after all!

jespinal wrote:
If you dare support mafia alright, change your profile pic because by supporting them you're killing the shops

I suppose I do support them as I have purchased one of their products. But I won't be changing my profile pic as it is for my own company.

I didn't mean to cause any offence, I simply wanted to see some evidence of damage to these bikes so I know where to look.

I also own a few other bikes and have done the same thing with them, although with them a Google image search was enough to know where to look for potential issues (the seatstay bridge of my Transition Suppresssor for example)

Cheers,

Mat.

Posted: Jan 2, 2018 at 14:10 Quote
You came around asking for personal experience and you were given personal experience on it yet kept bloating about it.

Look up his youtube they trashtalk harry-f*ckarocka-main and his shit and a few videos later he gets a frame (look up it's where it's falls from the mega ramp at woodward)

Then again this is where I am failing to see why would anyone stand by them, I get it they're cheap, yet they're hi-ten pos, anyway, if you have a shop and you sell parts how would you feel if people stoped buying shit from you and went on to a direct seller? And if they threw a jam that's the first ever they have done.

I know many friends of mine support them and some of them are on this thread I just fail to see because, at least morally if you have a lbs you like you shouldn't buy from them.

Posted: Jan 2, 2018 at 14:11 Quote
justin99 wrote:
It's been a minute, but I finished up some fresh Weird & Revered content over on Dig. New video and article. Peep it mah dudes.

Take a minute to stop the shitshow and don't let this wonderful post get lost in the middle of a discussion, justin wrote a wonderful article, entertaining to read and the video was amazing I can't wait to cope their dvd

Posted: Jan 2, 2018 at 18:36 Quote
jespinal wrote:

This lol.

You already bought the bike. Go out and break it man if you cant dope go around and fight every anti mafia comment ever. Please. Other wise take the first hand experience (it was literally posted so many times. I dknt remember if pb can search through threads for keywords but just fkn check).

I like this pinkbike.
f*ck you dick.

Posted: Jan 2, 2018 at 19:20 Quote
Idk anything hi-ten is garbage lol literally I don’t care what brand people prefer but if it’s hi-ten it is complete and utter rubbish. No arguing that.

Posted: Jan 2, 2018 at 23:14 Quote
High Tensile Steel has a much lower Ultimate Tensile Strength and Yield Strength then Chromoly, this means it will bend easier as it doesn't spring back from flexing as well as Chromoly, it also means that if you stretch the material out, High Tensile will yield with less stretching than Chromoly, this means if you strain it it will crack sooner than Chromoly. As a material High Tensile is inherently weaker and will fail well before Chromoly.

Chromoly is used in roll cages, guns, gears, tools etc. for a reason. Its the best material to abuse again and again without it breaking.

Posted: Jan 3, 2018 at 2:23 Quote
I guess my assumption was a bit misguided. I thought your frame was cromo. Apparently though- even if it was it would've broken by now. I generally trust cromo frames either way. I have a super-old cromo (2011) Dartmoor ghetto 24" frame that I bought used and worn to sh*t and since then has been thrown and dropped and bailed from probably thousands upon thousands of times now, and it still has zero cracks or dents.

I saw that Spencer video a whole ago, and seriously wondered why Spence is throwing his frame off of a tower then bashing it with a sledgammer.

Posted: Jan 3, 2018 at 2:31 Quote
Sorry to double, but the options for non-Mafia frames is pretty legit, too. I bought an ALVX frame for under $300canadian. A lot of frames go cheap when the rider leaves the company, ex. Fit Benny, Stranger LZ. They also are cheap in general if you think of how long they usually last. A BSD Passenger frame should last most riders a few years of almost everyday use. Compared to mtb and road frames, we get off easy.

Posted: Jan 3, 2018 at 6:31 Quote
Even people not liking eastern hell for 459$USD you get full cro-mo and lifetime warranty

Posted: Jan 5, 2018 at 15:04 Quote
DIG dropped an interview with ralph sinisi in case anyone is interested

Posted: Jan 6, 2018 at 14:44 Quote
So bob scerbo dropped a pic on the gram trashtalking ralph for becoming industry and dehart and butcher comented supporting, so I'm guessing they'll leave animal pretty soon?

Posted: Jan 6, 2018 at 18:18 Quote
Isn’t Butcher more on the legend team than the pro team at this point anyway? They replaced his pegs with the Benny L pegs already.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.025185
Mobile Version of Website