PB Forum :: BMX (20")
The 20" street thread
Posted: Jun 17, 2018 at 6:47 Quote
raytheotter wrote:
BigDaddyRatt wrote:
raytheotter wrote:
Yeah check my Cult pics

Nice. Fairly easy process?

Yeah. Make sure you degrease your frame really well, keep fingerprints off it etc.

If you want a streak free process put the solution in a spray bottle. I hadn't done it before and sponged it on so ended up with streaks.

It's also not going to go that deep blue black colour as there isn't enough carbon in 4130.
It looks great though in the flesh.

Got it...thanks for the tips! I'll post pics if I decide to do it, I definitely want the streaked look! Thanks again

Posted: Jun 17, 2018 at 8:08 Quote
SolarLonsky wrote:
jespinal wrote:
So my brand new stolen talon cranks have developed vertical play after a few months any fix to this like adding a bit of grease or in case the warranty doesn't come through should I just say f*ck it and jb weld it?

They are 48 spline right? I've ended up putting loctite in my 48 spline cranks after play developed.
Blue loctite?

Posted: Jun 17, 2018 at 8:35 Quote
jespinal wrote:
SolarLonsky wrote:
jespinal wrote:
So my brand new stolen talon cranks have developed vertical play after a few months any fix to this like adding a bit of grease or in case the warranty doesn't come through should I just say f*ck it and jb weld it?

They are 48 spline right? I've ended up putting loctite in my 48 spline cranks after play developed.
Blue loctite?
Yea, I put it on the splines and the bolts. Not really an ideal situation but it worked for me.

Posted: Jun 17, 2018 at 8:54 Quote
Loctite makes a bearing gap-filler that would make more sense. It would be a super permananent solution though, so beware.

Posted: Jun 17, 2018 at 11:18 Quote
The other side is just fine I will try to get some spacers and a thinner dustcap to get more spline into the crank if that doesn't help and the warranty still doesn't come thru I will just try with bkue loctite first

Posted: Jun 19, 2018 at 10:14 Quote
Gawd dayum y’all. It’s been a minute.

Posted: Jun 19, 2018 at 10:56 Quote
Metro-Gnome wrote:
Loctite makes a bearing gap-filler that would make more sense. It would be a super permananent solution though, so beware.

Nope, can definitely be removed. Use the stuff pretty often on higher end road and mtb bottom bracket shells. If you smacked the arm at an angle it'd probably break it free.

Posted: Jun 19, 2018 at 17:29 Quote

I haven’t ridden any street this year at all. I’ve just been cruising this thing. Good to see some action in this thread again, been a while

Posted: Jun 19, 2018 at 23:08 Quote
CRC want me to send them the crankset fpr further inspection and then they will decide if they replace it or not, like, brother I live in Spain and you are asking me to dismantle my bmx at the beginning of the season?

I'll start with loctite

Posted: Jun 20, 2018 at 6:44 Quote
Ben-S wrote:

I haven’t ridden any street this year at all. I’ve just been cruising this thing. Good to see some action in this thread again, been a while
It just needs some brakes now!

Posted: Jun 20, 2018 at 10:40 Quote
jespinal wrote:
CRC want me to send them the crankset fpr further inspection and then they will decide if they replace it or not, like, brother I live in Spain and you are asking me to dismantle my bmx at the beginning of the season?

I'll start with loctite

Getting it replaced tho would solve your problems?

I mean ya keep f*cking with it and dealing with it being garbage.

Or buy quality cranks.

Posted: Jun 20, 2018 at 11:21 Quote
Well this is my first time with these cranks previous ones we eastern that lasted for like 5 years

Posted: Jun 20, 2018 at 12:27 Quote
justin99 wrote:
Ben-S wrote:

It just needs some brakes now!

Yeah if I can find the mounts I’ll throw brakes on

Posted: Jul 11, 2018 at 11:09 Quote
Hey buds. I've got new content over on Dig. Peep it if you're interested:

https://digbmx.com/dig-this/citified-weird-and-revered

Posted: Jul 11, 2018 at 15:01 Quote
Nice article man! In the age of instagram clout it is difficult to build a bmx scene glad to see you're holding down your city!

I irganized a bbq jam in figueres for bmx day trying to do the same but smaller

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.026065
Mobile Version of Website