The 20" street thread

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
The 20" street thread
Author Message
Posted: Jul 11, 2018 at 15:01 Quote
Nice article man! In the age of instagram clout it is difficult to build a bmx scene glad to see you're holding down your city!

I irganized a bbq jam in figueres for bmx day trying to do the same but smaller

Posted: Jul 11, 2018 at 19:18 Quote
jespinal wrote:
Nice article man! In the age of instagram clout it is difficult to build a bmx scene glad to see you're holding down your city!

I irganized a bbq jam in figueres for bmx day trying to do the same but smaller

That's sweet Jose. It's been a couple years since I've been involved in organizing jams. They are definitely a great part of BMX: Meet new people, give out prizes, and watch dudes send it.

Posted: Jul 27, 2018 at 10:02 Quote
Does anyone have any information about the flange sizing on a Macneil rockford?

Posted: Aug 7, 2018 at 1:25 Quote
I honestly totally forgot about MacNeil. Haven’t thought about that name in bmx in years. Whatever happened to them? They were a Canadian company right?

Posted: Aug 7, 2018 at 4:28 Quote
Didn't they drop their whole team, again

Or was it fox clothing?

Posted: Aug 7, 2018 at 12:03 Quote
They went under like 3/4 years ago. BMX is dead in Canada.

Posted: Aug 7, 2018 at 12:14 Quote
Yeah, when 3ride Toronto and transition out west both close at around the same time, you know the scene is struggling.

Fortunately for me,I have fun on bikes regardless of what the rest of the world/country is doing. Heck, I still ride a 20lb, 26" wheeled carbon xc bike, and have three bmxs, one dj, one street 24" bike, and I ride them all every day.

Even still, I think the scene is alright, it's just people buying stuff on danscomp rather than local shops. Factors like that can hurt the local MTB market, and destroy a small, niche market like BMX.

Can't completely say the scene is dead when it takes 30 minutes to get served at Harvester. Still love that shop, though

Posted: Aug 8, 2018 at 14:16 Quote
sherbet wrote:
They went under like 3/4 years ago. BMX is dead in Canada.

No they just changed hands 3 times.

They are still around and now owned by the company that owns Krusher BMX

Basically they seem like a Taiwanese catalog order company now though

Posted: Aug 8, 2018 at 14:47 Quote
bluntosaurusrex wrote:
sherbet wrote:
They went under like 3/4 years ago. BMX is dead in Canada.

No they just changed hands 3 times.

They are still around and now owned by the company that owns Krusher BMX

Basically they seem like a Taiwanese catalog order company now though

So just to recap, Macneil is dead.

Posted: Aug 8, 2018 at 22:22 Quote
sherbet wrote:
bluntosaurusrex wrote:
sherbet wrote:
They went under like 3/4 years ago. BMX is dead in Canada.

No they just changed hands 3 times.

They are still around and now owned by the company that owns Krusher BMX

Basically they seem like a Taiwanese catalog order company now though

So just to recap, Macneil is dead.

well they have a 2018 catelog with new product and I know of at least one shop booking their stuff so maybe just terminal cancer but not dead yet lol....

I think Chris Silva is still riding for them

Posted: Aug 10, 2018 at 0:45 Quote
I haven’t seen a McNeil part, even an ad, or any media about them in like 5-6 years so I’d say that’s beating a dead horse if anyone try’s to keep that name. Anyone watch Dennis Enarsons newest edit? That was straight up ridiculous. He’s so tatlented. 8-9 years ago I was riding down town Portland OR and he yelled across the street when I was riding that he really liked my jacket hahaha and that I reminded him of Albie Bennett.

Posted: Aug 13, 2018 at 11:44 Quote
bamfbmx wrote:
I haven’t seen a McNeil part, even an ad, or any media about them in like 5-6 years so I’d say that’s beating a dead horse if anyone try’s to keep that name. Anyone watch Dennis Enarsons newest edit? That was straight up ridiculous. He’s so tatlented. 8-9 years ago I was riding down town Portland OR and he yelled across the street when I was riding that he really liked my jacket hahaha and that I reminded him of Albie Bennett.
Haven't watched anything BMX wise in a minute but it's good to hear Dennis is still killing it. Always was one of my favourite guys to watch.

Posted: Aug 28, 2018 at 20:37 Quote
What's everybody up to these days?

Posted: Aug 28, 2018 at 23:34 Quote
Pretty much got my bmx to where I want it so I can stop dumping money in it and just learning tricks and thrashing it

Learnt switch crooks 180 last saturday

Posted: Aug 29, 2018 at 9:14 Quote
I haven't seen a bike in months.


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.024367
Mobile Version of Website