The 20" street thread

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
The 20" street thread
Author Message
Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 5:07 Quote
Wow, cheers man! Beer
Rides pretty damn good from the short amount of time I have had on it so far. Did my first hop barspin clean and immediately knew I could get used to this thing. Big Grin

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 6:29 Quote
Hi everyone. I am new to this forum. I like riding my BMX and it is great I found this community Smile

Posted: Jun 27, 2019 at 9:33 Quote
Footage from our DVD premiere and jam back in May:

Views: 91    Faves: 0    Comments: 0


And photo gallery on DIG too.

Posted: Jul 14, 2019 at 8:31 Quote
Swapping my old Iron Horse for a Mothership with a Coaster/pegs next week, fuuuuck aye man hoping I can get back into the kids bikes like that shit was fun lol

Posted: Jul 21, 2019 at 17:19 Quote
Kieran-Young wrote:
Swapping my old Iron Horse for a Mothership with a Coaster/pegs next week, fuuuuck aye man hoping I can get back into the kids bikes like that shit was fun lol
How does one ride a “bike”

Posted: Jul 21, 2019 at 20:23 Quote

What is the value of:
Fly Bikes Lago frame
Cinema 333 wheelset
Eclat Pulse rear hub
Eclat front hub
Eclat tires
Eclat pivotal seatpost
Cult pivotal seat
Cult bars
Cult Sect V4 Investment Cast forks
Cult chain
Salt Plus topload stem
Salt Plus sprocket
Fiction Savage headset
Primo cranks
BSD pedals
ODI grips

Posted: Jul 21, 2019 at 20:55 Quote
I'll give you about a ps3 with 5 games and you pay shipping

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 3:12 Quote
bobomix001 wrote:

What is the value of:
Fly Bikes Lago frame
Cinema 333 wheelset
Eclat Pulse rear hub
Eclat front hub
Eclat tires
Eclat pivotal seatpost
Cult pivotal seat
Cult bars
Cult Sect V4 Investment Cast forks
Cult chain
Salt Plus topload stem
Salt Plus sprocket
Fiction Savage headset
Primo cranks
BSD pedals
ODI grips

Generally BMX used prices are all over the place(wear and tear, bent bars, etc,). Highest 11,1200, lowest 550.

Main places I'd inspect are headtube (make sure there is no wiggle when you push the steerer against the headtube) and dropouts and BB for cracks. Bars, rims on a used basically expect to be not perfect but decent, and any random cranks are fine as long as there's no pinch bolt. I literally have 5 brands of BMX cranks on 5 different bikes rn and can't tell the difference.

Posted: Jul 26, 2019 at 10:39 Quote
Yo fam freenight just posted a video explaining their f*ckery

I really want one now

Posted: Jul 30, 2019 at 7:15 Quote
jespinal wrote:
Yo fam freenight just posted a video explaining their f*ckery

I really want one now
deffs one of the more interesting coasters. Up there with the prototype seshin coaster a few of the weird obscure Japanese coasters and the g coaster.

Free night one seems to be a lot less complicated as far as manufacturing though.

If it rolls as smooth as a nankai and is as reliable as a decent khe style coaster it’ll be worth it there alone. I don’t think they’ll end up as smooth as the nankai but I’m hoping.

Posted: Jul 30, 2019 at 11:19 Quote
I am super interested in the Freenight. I am trying to decide between a Freenight or a Tall Order cassette for a new rear wheel.

Posted: Jul 31, 2019 at 15:32 Quote
core-macneil-rider wrote:
jespinal wrote:
Yo fam freenight just posted a video explaining their f*ckery

I really want one now
deffs one of the more interesting coasters. Up there with the prototype seshin coaster a few of the weird obscure Japanese coasters and the g coaster.

Free night one seems to be a lot less complicated as far as manufacturing though.

If it rolls as smooth as a nankai and is as reliable as a decent khe style coaster it’ll be worth it there alone. I don’t think they’ll end up as smooth as the nankai but I’m hoping.

So I have been riding the hub on and off for about 3 months now and so far I have not had any issues with it.

There is an initial learning curve to riding with it because of how the design works.

The faster you are going when you get into a fakie the less likely you are to have the hub engage.

Sometimes if you do a hop to fakie on a steep bank or quarter, your body naturally will somewhat make you pedal slightly forward which will begin to engage the hub causing it not able to get into the freecoaster mode. If you do a quick back pedal you are all clear to coast.

If you are doing a decently fast fakie you basically have unlimited slack until you are going forward again. You can basically be going fakie while pedalling forward and it does not engage.

Being able to have cassette like engagement all the time when going forward is really nice for tech lines where you need to be able to get that little crank in. That is where it beats a hub like the z coaster because with the z coaster you have to disengage the hub and then you have that slack regardless of if you are going fakie or not.

I currently have three coasters that I switch between from time to time. The wethepeople helix v2, the z coaster and the planetary coaster from freenight. I would say this last month I have been exclusively riding the planetary coaster and am really enjoying it.

Anyways there is my take on the coaster. If anyone in Ontario is from the GTA and wants to give it a test hit me up on instagram @_tcmore and maybe we can get a session in. I live on the Scarborough/Pickering border.

Beer

Posted: Jul 31, 2019 at 16:02 Quote
thomasmore wrote:
core-macneil-rider wrote:
jespinal wrote:
Yo fam freenight just posted a video explaining their f*ckery

I really want one now
deffs one of the more interesting coasters. Up there with the prototype seshin coaster a few of the weird obscure Japanese coasters and the g coaster.

Free night one seems to be a lot less complicated as far as manufacturing though.

If it rolls as smooth as a nankai and is as reliable as a decent khe style coaster it’ll be worth it there alone. I don’t think they’ll end up as smooth as the nankai but I’m hoping.

So I have been riding the hub on and off for about 3 months now and so far I have not had any issues with it.

There is an initial learning curve to riding with it because of how the design works.

The faster you are going when you get into a fakie the less likely you are to have the hub engage.

Sometimes if you do a hop to fakie on a steep bank or quarter, your body naturally will somewhat make you pedal slightly forward which will begin to engage the hub causing it not able to get into the freecoaster mode. If you do a quick back pedal you are all clear to coast.

If you are doing a decently fast fakie you basically have unlimited slack until you are going forward again. You can basically be going fakie while pedalling forward and it does not engage.

Being able to have cassette like engagement all the time when going forward is really nice for tech lines where you need to be able to get that little crank in. That is where it beats a hub like the z coaster because with the z coaster you have to disengage the hub and then you have that slack regardless of if you are going fakie or not.

I currently have three coasters that I switch between from time to time. The wethepeople helix v2, the z coaster and the planetary coaster from freenight. I would say this last month I have been exclusively riding the planetary coaster and am really enjoying it.

Anyways there is my take on the coaster. If anyone in Ontario is from the GTA and wants to give it a test hit me up on instagram @_tcmore and maybe we can get a session in. I live on the Scarborough/Pickering border.

Beer

Sounds dialed.

Everything new has a learning curve heard the same about the z coaster.

Weight price and feature wise it seems to set a new bar.

Might have to see if we can set up a ride, would love to give it a try but pretty sure it’ll be my next hub regardless.

You ever ride port union?

Posted: Aug 1, 2019 at 5:05 Quote
core-macneil-rider wrote:
thomasmore wrote:
core-macneil-rider wrote:
deffs one of the more interesting coasters. Up there with the prototype seshin coaster a few of the weird obscure Japanese coasters and the g coaster.

Free night one seems to be a lot less complicated as far as manufacturing though.

If it rolls as smooth as a nankai and is as reliable as a decent khe style coaster it’ll be worth it there alone. I don’t think they’ll end up as smooth as the nankai but I’m hoping.

So I have been riding the hub on and off for about 3 months now and so far I have not had any issues with it.

There is an initial learning curve to riding with it because of how the design works.

The faster you are going when you get into a fakie the less likely you are to have the hub engage.

Sometimes if you do a hop to fakie on a steep bank or quarter, your body naturally will somewhat make you pedal slightly forward which will begin to engage the hub causing it not able to get into the freecoaster mode. If you do a quick back pedal you are all clear to coast.

If you are doing a decently fast fakie you basically have unlimited slack until you are going forward again. You can basically be going fakie while pedalling forward and it does not engage.

Being able to have cassette like engagement all the time when going forward is really nice for tech lines where you need to be able to get that little crank in. That is where it beats a hub like the z coaster because with the z coaster you have to disengage the hub and then you have that slack regardless of if you are going fakie or not.

I currently have three coasters that I switch between from time to time. The wethepeople helix v2, the z coaster and the planetary coaster from freenight. I would say this last month I have been exclusively riding the planetary coaster and am really enjoying it.

Anyways there is my take on the coaster. If anyone in Ontario is from the GTA and wants to give it a test hit me up on instagram @_tcmore and maybe we can get a session in. I live on the Scarborough/Pickering border.

Beer

Sounds dialed.

Everything new has a learning curve heard the same about the z coaster.

Weight price and feature wise it seems to set a new bar.

Might have to see if we can set up a ride, would love to give it a try but pretty sure it’ll be my next hub regardless.

You ever ride port union?

Port Union park is my local. Usually there at least once a week.

I've got nothing bad to say about the z coaster either though. I've never had a problem with it aside from finding guards that work half decent with it since the hub spacing is a little weird.

Posted: Aug 1, 2019 at 7:15 Quote
thomasmore wrote:
core-macneil-rider wrote:
thomasmore wrote:


So I have been riding the hub on and off for about 3 months now and so far I have not had any issues with it.

There is an initial learning curve to riding with it because of how the design works.

The faster you are going when you get into a fakie the less likely you are to have the hub engage.

Sometimes if you do a hop to fakie on a steep bank or quarter, your body naturally will somewhat make you pedal slightly forward which will begin to engage the hub causing it not able to get into the freecoaster mode. If you do a quick back pedal you are all clear to coast.

If you are doing a decently fast fakie you basically have unlimited slack until you are going forward again. You can basically be going fakie while pedalling forward and it does not engage.

Being able to have cassette like engagement all the time when going forward is really nice for tech lines where you need to be able to get that little crank in. That is where it beats a hub like the z coaster because with the z coaster you have to disengage the hub and then you have that slack regardless of if you are going fakie or not.

I currently have three coasters that I switch between from time to time. The wethepeople helix v2, the z coaster and the planetary coaster from freenight. I would say this last month I have been exclusively riding the planetary coaster and am really enjoying it.

Anyways there is my take on the coaster. If anyone in Ontario is from the GTA and wants to give it a test hit me up on instagram @_tcmore and maybe we can get a session in. I live on the Scarborough/Pickering border.

Beer

Sounds dialed.

Everything new has a learning curve heard the same about the z coaster.

Weight price and feature wise it seems to set a new bar.

Might have to see if we can set up a ride, would love to give it a try but pretty sure it’ll be my next hub regardless.

You ever ride port union?

Port Union park is my local. Usually there at least once a week.

I've got nothing bad to say about the z coaster either though. I've never had a problem with it aside from finding guards that work half decent with it since the hub spacing is a little weird.

I used to hit that park pretty regularly, sweet little set up.

Z coaster seems dialed as well, but the free night is lighter and cheaper.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021193
Mobile Version of Website