Esi grips
Modified eclat wave headset
Alienation malice
Custom rim tape
Primo aneyelator v3 custom titanium bolts
custom seatpost and seat
KHE mac 2.3
Tubolito 2.0-2.4
nice thoughthe profile hubs could be swapped for lighter.

Far East cycles has a hub that’s like 220(edit: it’s actually sub 200) grams for the front and not sure what the profile magnetanium weigh but pretty sure easterns Reynolds cranks are like 24 ounces though no ti spindle option.

Also on “production” ti frame fork and bars it’s possible to hit sub 15 with brakes and pegs. Without pegs you can get a whole pound lighter than Ricky’s bike. Only custom bits you’d need would be ti bits for the rear hub.

Also there are composite seat/post combos that only weigh like 5-6 ounces for the whole setup, not sure what yours weighs but yeah decent off the shelf option.

Posted: Oct 7, 2019 at 8:24 Quote
Far East cycles is a flatland company isn't it? I don't know why you would be such a weight weenie that you'd run flatland parts for park/street when profiles are proven to hold up.

Posted: Oct 7, 2019 at 8:25 Quote
haro-rider-13 wrote:
Far East cycles is a flatland company isn't it? I don't know why you would be such a weight weenie that you'd run flatland parts for park/street when profiles are proven to hold up.
magnatanium cranks are either race or flatland cranks iirc

Posted: Oct 7, 2019 at 8:33 Quote
haro-rider-13 wrote:
profiles aren’t really proven to hold up.

And at the weight to size 165 it’s probably fine

As for the front hub

Most street and park companies void warranties on their hubs if you radial lace. Iirc flatland hubs are probably stronger in design at least on the hub shell.

Also that one dude from odyssey used their original race forks waaay back when and the first 36 hole rims laced up with only a fraction of the spokes and ride it for time fine.

All modern odyssey forks are based on race forks.

Profiles are a race crank. And hubs.

Magnetanium cranks are meant for junior riders and have a weight limit.

Z coaster was probably designed originally more as a flatland part since profile sponsors that one badass flatland oh and does deco.

Khe tires are technically flatland tires as well.

Hence the weird Mac sizing. Mac 1=1.75/85
Mac 1.5 =1.95 Mac2=2.25 and Mac2+ is like a 2.35-2.4

Mac 1 and 1.5 only ever came in a park casing for a long ass time. Not sure as of now but yeah. Ironically the dirt tires also used the same park/flatland casing. Wish those had used the street casing.

Posted: Oct 7, 2019 at 8:41 Quote
Oh Far East cycles also does some mountain bike coasters and a few non flatland riders run some of their parts.

Figured they were trying to brand out like odyssey did back in the day or khe. I mean odyssey started as a race company way back when. If I’m not mistaken khe started as a flatland company. The folding tires just got trendy with park rats then street riders during the weight whore era.

But yeah it’s probably fiiiine.

If not then there’s another hub that can get to a similar weight.

The ti cranks could be swapped with eastern Reynolds cranks and a bolt kit. Or a few other options.

But I mean.... carbon cranks on Ricky’s bike vs some flatland titanium cranks that are still in the ball part of a chromo set after all bolt tuning is done to the max. Oh and lifetime warranty helps Razz and with flat street getting more and more popular and a bunch of dedicated flatland parts holding up to that fine I’m pretty sure it’d be okay.

Plus one of the core dudes had the titanium hiddenburgs and used to do mad light street on his bike without them blowing up. And the eastern cranks while eastern are made of Reynolds so should be at least half okay.

Posted: Oct 15, 2019 at 21:12 Quote
thomasmore wrote:
brenteaton wrote:
thomasmore wrote:

I sometimes change my z coaster over to a cassette and ride it.

I would say the freenight is much closer to a freecoaster than it is to a cassette. The only reason is it like a cassette is because it has cassette like engagement while going forward.

I don't think you can use pedal pressure for fakie tricks and I don't think I would want to try as it might mess up the hub/pawls.
Haven't posted in here in a minute. Next time we ride I godda try that hub. That Brant Moore has made a wack of videos testing that hub out. Even made one comparing/ testing it to a z coaster and a demolition hub! I would recommend watching those before you spend the money or if your in this neck of the woods try it out on Thomas bike. Seems like there is a massive learning curve to this hub but once you figure it out your golden!

Did you not give it a spin when we rode last?
I don't think I even noticed was awhile ago. Meant to ask how the axle in that hub has held up.

Weight whores... I'd rather ride a part that's trust worthy last thing I want to do is die on something snapping.. everything is relatively light these days anyways I just don't see the point unless your a whipper who chuck's more then one around. Mtb jump bikes it makes sense to seeing as there heavier bikes to begin with.

Posted: Oct 17, 2019 at 16:57 Quote
brenteaton wrote:
thomasmore wrote:
brenteaton wrote:
Haven't posted in here in a minute. Next time we ride I godda try that hub. That Brant Moore has made a wack of videos testing that hub out. Even made one comparing/ testing it to a z coaster and a demolition hub! I would recommend watching those before you spend the money or if your in this neck of the woods try it out on Thomas bike. Seems like there is a massive learning curve to this hub but once you figure it out your golden!

Did you not give it a spin when we rode last?
I don't think I even noticed was awhile ago. Meant to ask how the axle in that hub has held up.

Weight whores... I'd rather ride a part that's trust worthy last thing I want to do is die on something snapping.. everything is relatively light these days anyways I just don't see the point unless your a whipper who chuck's more then one around. Mtb jump bikes it makes sense to seeing as there heavier bikes to begin with.

Haven't noticed any bending of the axle yet. I did see Brant's video on him bending his but his riding is very different then mine.
Ill do the occasional stall but no hard slamming down into a stationary move. At least with grinding the slide takes some of the impact away from straight down on the axle.

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 2:14 Quote
Your physics are wrong

Jussayin

Posted: Oct 24, 2019 at 19:47 Quote
After more than 10 months of work I’ve finally finished the bike!!! Came in at 13.24lbs. So happy it’s finally done. A lot of stress lifted off my shoulders. Still ran proper BMX BB and BMX cranks as well as full size 2.30 tires!

https://ibb.co/jGCy9mf

[url=https://ibb.co/jGCy9mf][img]https://i.ibb.co/wCnSZVg/24-D7-F246-063-A-41-F9-8242-3520-D263-CB01.jpg[/img][/url]

Posted: Oct 30, 2019 at 17:10 Quote
jespinal wrote:
Your physics are wrong

Jussayin

Do explain....

A stall puts all your force in one direction on the peg/axle.

A grind spreads that force and the fact that you are sliding means not all the force is translated directly into the peg/axle.

Posted: Oct 30, 2019 at 18:49 Quote
thomasmore wrote:
jespinal wrote:
Your physics are wrong

Jussayin

Do explain....

A grind spreads that force and the fact that you are sliding means not all the force is translated directly into the peg/axle.

Huh...not trying to butt in but. Even when you're sliding the pressure point is still gonna be the same as a stall...still the same point of contact and weight on the same area as a stall. One moving, one not but that doesn't change the weight distribution, force or point of contact? Not trying to sound rude but can you explain cuz I agree with Jes? Not sure what you're trying to explain I guess.

Posted: Nov 2, 2019 at 10:15 Quote
BigDaddyRatt wrote:
thomasmore wrote:
jespinal wrote:
Your physics are wrong

Jussayin

Do explain....

Huh...not trying to butt in but. Even when you're sliding the pressure point is still gonna be the same as a stall...still the same point of contact and weight on the same area as a stall. One moving, one not but that doesn't change the weight distribution, force or point of contact? Not trying to sound rude but can you explain cuz I agree with Jes? Not sure what you're trying to explain I guess.

Slam your heel straight to the ground.

Now slam your heel diagonally towards the ground with the same force somewhere that your foot will slide.

It won't feel like the same impact because you are not putting all your force in one direction.

Posted: Nov 2, 2019 at 11:08 Quote
Physics 101
Physics 101
Physics 101

Newtom disagrees with u

Ding dong your physics are wrong and I proved it mathematically

If you want me to go deeper into the explanations just ask, however this is physics 101

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021243
Mobile Version of Website