The 20" street thread

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
The 20" street thread
| Next Page
Posted: Nov 18, 2019 at 7:45 Quote
Yeah I probably wouldn't want to run those pedals but other than that the bike is stunning. Your ad said you went through multiple trys to get the bars right, did you do them yourself or get them done by someone? Very cool build, wish I could afford it lol.

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 19:27 Quote
Its cool from a "it can be done" stand point but.......why? 20lbs is too light for a bmx, what you have is insanity!

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 21:30 Quote
Yeah for sure!! I did all the drawings myself on AutoCAD and I bought 22.2mm tubing all different thicknesses and brought them to a welder. I have about 7 of them left. Ended up settling with the strongest iteration, 2.0mm thick 587g model. Very little flex and extremely strong. Titanium isn’t the easiest to work with.

Also a 13lb bike is scary to ride. Bunny hopping could easily result in an accidental backflip

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 21:32 Quote
k-m-z wrote:
Its cool from a "it can be done" stand point but.......why? 20lbs is too light for a bmx, what you have is insanity!

Only reason why. Me and a friend where reading about a pros newest bike and it showed 18.20lbs. I have always loved titanium and told him I wanted to do better. But I just took everything to the extreme.

Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 3:16 Quote
AlienPrime wrote:
Yeah for sure!! I did all the drawings myself on AutoCAD and I bought 22.2mm tubing all different thicknesses and brought them to a welder. I have about 7 of them left. Ended up settling with the strongest iteration, 2.0mm thick 587g model. Very little flex and extremely strong. Titanium isn’t the easiest to work with.

Also a 13lb bike is scary to ride. Bunny hopping could easily result in an accidental backflip
I remember a chat with gabo dude the welder for altruiste bikes and the rise partymasters frames, he told me that for someone who hasn't welded bars before 4piece is the easiest and strongest way

Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 4:28 Quote
I had a hard time finding a welder that even did titanium welding

Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 8:32 Quote
[Quote="AlienPrime"]

mine weights the same.... in KGs.

Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 22:56 Quote
LOL! That’s fun!!

Question for everyone. Have you guys seen 25.4 handlebars and stems!!!?!

Posted: Nov 23, 2019 at 0:09 Quote
AlienPrime wrote:
LOL! That’s fun!!

Question for everyone. Have you guys seen 25.4 handlebars and stems!!!?!
Dude i ride with now and then has a 25.4 set up.

Posted: Nov 23, 2019 at 6:55 Quote
wrote:
[Quote="ajax-ripper”]
You notice a difference. This is the first I’ve seen with anything other than 22.2 for a long time. That’s been Bmx standard. Nice to see BMX industry is innovating Smile

Posted: Nov 23, 2019 at 9:16 Quote
wrote:
AlienPrime wrote:
[Quote="ajax-ripper”]
You notice a difference. This is the first I’ve seen with anything other than 22.2 for a long time. That’s been Bmx standard. Nice to see BMX industry is innovating Smile
Devin is really tough on bars and usually bends a set of 4 piece bars every year. So far these are still straight. That's all I have on them.

Posted: Nov 23, 2019 at 22:39 Quote
Gosh well with a problem I never knew people had, here Is the solution Smile

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016348
Mobile Version of Website