The 20" street thread

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
The 20" street thread
Posted: Apr 25, 2021 at 8:58 Quote
Kieran-Young wrote:
Real street bois don't give a f*ck about hub shells/bearings/chains/casettes/etc.

Send that shit and let the steelies make them rails sing my G.
This guy f*cks

Posted: Apr 28, 2021 at 3:12 Quote
Legit the reason I never made the switch to plastic, I enjoy the feeling of them and the sound. Goddamn. Also the same reason I like a loud hub on my MTB and a straight pipe exhaust on my shitbox. I like being obnoxious lol.

Posted: Apr 28, 2021 at 3:51 Quote
I love the sound but plastics make life so much easier, plus you don't get the bitching when you're grinding on parks and such with skaters claiming MeTaL PeGZZzzz HuRt rAiLz SkAtE or DiE FGT

Posted: Apr 30, 2021 at 1:38 Quote
AlienPrime wrote:
I’m working on a bike with a brand new Eclat Tibia on it. Tried everything. Crank puller, penetrating oil for days and even rubber mallet to the back of crank arms. Will not budge.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Penetrating oil is for rust. It won't help a lot with stuck parts. I'm delicately taking my rusty exhaust apart at 4am, so I'm an expert at this at the moment. I've also had super rusty BB bearings that I actually had to cut out of frames, and crankarms that seemed to rustweld to the spacer behind it... If you haven't solved this in 7 days I feel obligated to help. Spray canned air directly at the spindle until it frosts over, and if it's a hollow axle even better. Get that Frost in there. Then, as quickly as you can, thread the crank puller and try again with the largest wrench you can find. Or, thread a junk bolt with the same threads as the crank bolt and smack it with a hammer when it's cold. Alternately, you could try torching the base of the crankarm until it's red hot then try a crank puller with over mitts on. Ive dealt with enough of these that I even know from your explanation that you'll struggle with this.

Hammer will never work UNLESS you put the frame in a vice. The impact of the hammer is getting absorbed by the frame and reverberating and vibrating through it. When you try to do that you're basically playing a gigantic orchestra triangle. The force of the hammer needs to go directly to the crankarm or spindle in an extremely isolated way. The lifehack way of doing this is to put the frame on the edge of the sturdiest table you can find. Hell, ideally you want an anvil or something solid and immovable. Then put the edge of the frame on the edge of the table and strike down on the spindle with a spare/garbage/scrap crankbolt that so threaded into the spindle. This was the only thing that worked when those mid BB bearings were seized in one of my frames. One side this worked the other I had to cut out for access to even try this trick. It always works, though. If you need more explanation pm me. Not sure if I'm good at explaining but I am very good at fixing, solving mechanical issues. It's actually my job in a way and I've been building my own BMX/dj bikes for almost 20 years

The

Posted: May 2, 2021 at 6:06 Quote
Here’s my savage that takes a worse beating than your mom and never skips a beat.
Roast it idgaf

Posted: May 2, 2021 at 22:50 Quote
Yo dudes what happened to drew b? Saw a vid of him showing his motor skills in his left hand
Frown very sad to see man this sport sucks

Posted: May 3, 2021 at 12:35 Quote
He had a nasty crash but kept it on the hush

Posted: May 4, 2021 at 15:30 Quote
pedalpusher01 wrote:
Roast it idgaf

Spoken like someone who gives a f*ck.

Looks like a complete. Nothing special but nothing ugly

Posted: May 4, 2021 at 16:01 Quote
shoefanu wrote:
pedalpusher01 wrote:
Roast it idgaf

Nah not really. Built this bike to how I like it. So if someone says they don't like something about it they can ship me new parts or paint if that makes them happy. ‍

All custom dude. 2016 fit savage.

Posted: May 10, 2021 at 11:07 Quote
pedalpusher01 wrote:
shoefanu wrote:
pedalpusher01 wrote:
Roast it idgaf

Nah not really. Built this bike to how I like it. So if someone says they don't like something about it they can ship me new parts or paint if that makes them happy. ‍

* Insert crying inside okay on the outside meme *

Posted: May 10, 2021 at 22:57 Quote
I just showed up to say hi, I miss y’all. I’m still riding though hahaha drifting has taken over a huge part of my life and doesn’t beat me up as much but I’m glad some how this thread is still moving hahaha.

Posted: May 16, 2021 at 11:12 Quote
bigbrotherbmx wrote:
pedalpusher01 wrote:
shoefanu wrote:

* Insert crying inside okay on the outside meme *

Didn’t your momma ever teach you not to cry when someone does something you don’t like?

Posted: May 17, 2021 at 2:51 Quote
Ah yes, this is truly back to the old days with a random argument over nothing. Shall we talk about how tall we are again? maybe TT length discussion.

Posted: May 18, 2021 at 5:00 Quote
Correct bar height is always a good way to get people raging.

1" rise headset spacer
Eclat metra stem with 30mm rise
9" federal drop bars.

This is the perfect bar height combo. Fight me.

Posted: May 18, 2021 at 12:12 Quote
raytheotter wrote:
Correct bar height is always a good way to get people raging.

1" rise headset spacer
Eclat metra stem with 30mm rise
9" federal drop bars.

This is the perfect bar height combo. Fight me.
if you want even better bar height just flip your drop stem.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011909
Mobile Version of Website